The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Can anyone else remember when Manchester United used to be quite good actually?

Aye, when they had Cristiano Ronaldo.

Your signature is puerile, Keefaz.

I like it. :thup:

I'm only keeping it for a few days.

I'm only keeping it for a few days.

Is it Daves signature + 1 year.

Tbf, Rooney's trying to win this on his own.

Aye.  He's in a completely different class to Man Utd's other attacking players.

For most of the game, he was playing as a target man, which he can manage okay, but in the last 15 minutes, after Owen came on and he had a freer role, he was absolutely brilliant. To get the most out of him, you have to let him drop deep and run at defences.

Tbf, Rooney's trying to win this on his own.

Aye.  He's in a completely different class to Man Utd's other attacking players.

For most of the game, he was playing as a target man, which he can manage okay, but in the last 15 minutes, after Owen came on and he had a freer role, he was absolutely brilliant. To get the most out of him, you have to let him drop deep and run at defences.

absolutely. it's beautiful to watch.

Was it just me or was the ref blatantly biased towards City for 90mins? Aside from the pen, loads of clear fouls on United players were not given and Bellamy could have been booked about 3 times

I thought Rooney was fantastic. Clear MOTM, not Tevez.

Owen was surprisingly good as well apart from his tame shot that Onouha cleared. Linked up play and combined with Rooney well. United suddenly had a threat after that sub.

Was it just me or was the ref blatantly biased towards City for 90mins? Aside from the pen, loads of clear fouls on United players were not given and Bellamy could have been booked about 3 times

Owen was surprisingly good as well apart from his tame shot that Onouha cleared. Linked up play and combined with Rooney well. United suddenly had a threat after that sub.

Seemed that way to me too.

Can't agree about Rooney though, he was great the last 20 minutes, but scored 0 to Tevez' 2, can't beat that.

Owen was woeful and anonymous. One good pass to Rooney and a shit shot that nearly went in somehow. 

He touched the ball 6 times (6 possesions, 8 touches tbf) and in the last 18 minutes when Man U were well on top, his sole contribution was 1 header to Valencia.

Yes, I'm that sad. Had a bet with my mate about how many times he would touch it.

Seemed that way to me too.

Can't agree about Rooney though, he was great the last 20 minutes, but scored 0 to Tevez' 2, can't beat that.

Tevez ran himself ragged and would be my second pick for MOTM but I thought Rooney's overall performance was better, goals or no goals.

Tevez ran himself ragged and would be my second pick for MOTM but I thought Rooney's overall performance was better, goals or no goals.

He looked very good tonight. Cant imagine what Man U would be like without him.