The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guess I'm the only one who likes Leeds? As the bigger (at least financially speaking) teams pull away what feels like more and more each season, what a tremendous highlight it is to see Leeds beat Man Utd on their own patch, and take Spurs very close. (Hats off to Spurs tonight - they went there with a professional attitude and certainly deserved to win; tiredness also got the better of Leeds in the end).

And I can't help the ill feeling towards WBA regarding the amount of recent penalties they've been getting (FA Cup game was very poor refereeing, yes) is more down to the 2 points fluffed at the weekend, and the fact West Brom are daring to keep up with an excellent run of form?

:lol:

Absolute rubbish.

Right-oh. I personally think their recent run (including, as I've already mentioned, a great deal of bad luck going against you in that game) has rattled a few cages, including yours. You didn't even know anything about the penalty tonight but didn't wait to label them "cheating effing C's".

Nonsense.

Their recent run? 2 League wins in their last 5 games.

How has that rattled a few cages?

Guess I'm the only one who likes Leeds? As the bigger (at least financially speaking) teams pull away what feels like more and more each season, what a tremendous highlight it is to see Leeds beat Man Utd on their own patch, and take Spurs very close. (Hats off to Spurs tonight - they went there with a professional attitude and certainly deserved to win; tiredness also got the better of Leeds in the end).

And I can't help the ill feeling towards WBA regarding the amount of recent penalties they've been getting (FA Cup game was very poor refereeing, yes) is more down to the 2 points fluffed at the weekend, and the fact West Brom are daring to keep up with an excellent run of form?

Absolute rubbish.

Right-oh. I personally think their recent run (including, as I've already mentioned, a great deal of bad luck going against you in that game) has rattled a few cages, including yours. You didn't even know anything about the penalty tonight but didn't wait to label them "cheating effing C's".

They have been there and there abouts all season and were always going to be contenders so why would we be sudeenly rattled by their presence? And I didn't call them 'cheating effing C's' I called them 'fucking dirty bastards'.

I'm sure you'd be pointing it out if say Liverpool had recently benfited from a flurry of penalty decisions.

Absolute rubbish.

They have been there and there abouts all season and were always going to be contenders so why would we be sudeenly rattled by their presence? And I didn't call them 'cheating effing C's' I called them 'fucking dirty bastards'.

I'm sure you'd be pointing it out if say Liverpool had recently benfited from a flurry of penalty decisions.

My point is, that level of resentment is coming about more down to the decreased gap you hold over 3rd, and Newcastle's own little wobble.

Fuck it.  :lol:

(We don't really have Liverpool breathing down our necks for the title like).

Absolute rubbish.

They are dirty bastards as well, one the dirtiest teams we've played this year.

Absolute rubbish.

They have been there and there abouts all season and were always going to be contenders so why would we be sudeenly rattled by their presence? And I didn't call them 'cheating effing C's' I called them 'f***ing dirty bastards'.

My point is, that level of resentment is coming about more down to the decreased gap you hold over 3rd, and Newcastle's own little wobble.

f*** it.  :lol:

To be honest before the two West Brom games most on here wanted them to go up with us. After the two matches in which they kicked our players off the pitch and being aided by some of the most unbelievable referee decisions there's justly a backlash on here against them.

Absolute rubbish.

They have been there and there abouts all season and were always going to be contenders so why would we be sudeenly rattled by their presence? And I didn't call them 'cheating effing C's' I called them 'f***ing dirty bastards'.

To be honest before the two West Brom games most on here wanted them to go up with us. After the two matches in which they kicked our players off the pitch and being aided by referee decisions there's justly a backlash on here against them.

Fwiw, in the first one I'm pretty sure Jonas induced at least one yellow card by flinging himself to the ground. I can't talk about their other games this season.

Absolute rubbish.

I admit, I resent West Brom, but that has more to do with the recent FA cup game. Their recent run of penalties is suspect though, I'd of said that of any team.

The main thing that annoys me about their penalties, is ofcourse the way their defence was with us. We could have had about 4.

In their last 4 games theres been 6 pens, theyve given away 2 also. I doubt that theyre going softer on oppositions than theyre being treated.

I have Leeds in my heart. Especially as we're down, now. It gives you perspective. I hope they are playing us in the Premiership very soon. Not to mention they also employed Tony Yeboah, one of my favorites when I was young and a Ghanaian I couldn't help but like.

Guest toonlass

West Brom were some of the biggest cheats I have seen ever. The first game they kicked us off the park and were lucky not to have Jara sent off and then went down as if they had been shot whenever anyone went near them, and the second game was just as bad, except they had a referee bent as a nine-bob note to help them out. Even so, whenever we looked like we had a break on one of their lads would go down and pretend he was in agony, all to jump up again as soon as the game had stopped and the ref came over. They really don't need to resort to such tactics when they actually play some decent, attractive football.

Then after the Ipswich game Di Matteo said "Did anybody see a penalty there? I can't be the only one confused. There was nothing to see, it was an ordinary challenge. That was a key moment of the game because out of nothing Ipswich got a goal.

"We had some very good chances and should have gone ahead. When you are playing against the referee as well it is difficult but we kept going and credit to the players for finding an equaliser.

"We were the better team over the 90 minutes and the draw was the least we deserved. Our finishing was the only negative point."

This was 3 days after he said "If you are on the losing side, people might start staying 'referee this and referee that'.

"The referee has a hard job, it is easy to look back and say 'he should have done this or that'.

"He has got to make split-second decisions and he's seen it as he has seen it - it has gone for us and not for them. It happens."

Stupid arsehole.

Then they have had 4 penalties in 4 games. We have had 2 all season. Notice the difference?

West Brom were some of the biggest cheats I have seen ever. The first game they kicked us off the park and were lucky not to have Jara sent off and then went down as if they had been shot whenever anyone went near them, and the second game was just as bad, except they had a referee bent as a nine-bob note to help them out. Even so, whenever we looked like we had a break on one of their lads would go down and pretend he was in agony, all to jump up again as soon as the game had stopped and the ref came over. They really don't need to resort to such tactics when they actually play some decent, attractive football.

Then after the Ipswich game Di Matteo said "Did anybody see a penalty there? I can't be the only one confused. There was nothing to see, it was an ordinary challenge. That was a key moment of the game because out of nothing Ipswich got a goal.

"We had some very good chances and should have gone ahead. When you are playing against the referee as well it is difficult but we kept going and credit to the players for finding an equaliser.

"We were the better team over the 90 minutes and the draw was the least we deserved. Our finishing was the only negative point."

This was 3 days after he said "If you are on the losing side, people might start staying 'referee this and referee that'.

"The referee has a hard job, it is easy to look back and say 'he should have done this or that'.

"He has got to make split-second decisions and he's seen it as he has seen it - it has gone for us and not for them. It happens."

Stupid arsehole.

Then they have had 4 penalties in 4 games. We have had 2 all season. Notice the difference?

Very one eyed post, but heh, its your site, I think you will find you have more divers and cheats than us though if you are honest! :iamatwat:

Tbf, they get penalties because they have pace and directness in the team.

This, an often overlooked aspect of a team that get's "too many" penalties. 

Sides that manage to spend a lot of time in the opposition's boxes are more easily in the receiving end of dubious penalty calls.

Sides that manage to spend a lot of time in the opposition's boxes are more easily in the receiving end of dubious penalty calls.

Know what you mean, hope you get a fair result on Friday, the best two teams should get promoted, not the luckiest. Think its going down to the wire, Cardiff are a funny side, brilliant on their day, but prone to real off days.

Know what you mean, hope you get a fair result on Friday, the best two teams should get promoted, not the luckiest. Think its going down to the wire, Cardiff are a funny side, brilliant on their day, but prone to real off days.

He's a Barcelona supporter.

Guest toonlass

Stupid arsehole.

Very one eyed post, but heh, its your site, I think you will find you have more divers and cheats than us though if you are honest! :iamatwat:

Really, name them.

Stupid arsehole.

Really, name them.

Jonas, Smith, need I go on, we have a diver in Thomas most teams do, stop pretending that you are hard done by, some you win some you lose, you have had plenty of decisions go your way this year.

Stupid arsehole.

Really, name them.

Jonas, Smith, need I go on, we have a diver in Thomas most teams do, stop pretending that you are hard done by, some you win some you lose, you have had plenty of decisions go your way this year.

How is Smith a cheat exactly?

Stupid arsehole.

That's the most one sided post i've ever heard TBH.

So Jonas is a cheat despite the fact that almost every team tries to break his leg in every game. Fair enough he goes down easily but that isn't cheating. Apart from that i don't know anyone who is quick enough to dive in our squad, after all you need to beat a man to dive.

As for Smith, Nolan, Butt etc they are all hard tackling players, if they foul then more often than not they get carded (often on reputation). They can hardly be considered cheats, dirty perhaps but not cheats.