The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Enjoyed the Benfica/l'OM match. Could easily see either of those two teams going on to win the competition.

Benfica terrify me. They break so well and with such pace. They're supposed to be a much better side at home, so I'm pleased we've escaped that with a draw and the away goal. We've lost to the eventual champion two years running, so maybe it can actually be our chance to win it.

Both Spanish teams failed to deliver at home, 0-0 Atlético to SP Lisbon and 1-1 Valencia to Bremen. Tall order to get through their ties on current form.

Very bad midweek for Spanish teams allround. Much better one for German and Frecnh team. Especially France as all the teams had positive results.

Enjoyed the Benfica/l'OM match. Could easily see either of those two teams going on to win the competition.

Benfica terrify me. They break so well and with such pace. They're supposed to be a much better side at home, so I'm pleased we've escaped that with a draw and the away goal. We've lost to the eventual champion two years running, so maybe it can actually be our chance to win it.

Yeah, Di Maria/Saviola/Ramires in particular are frightening when they go forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see Di Maria on the left wing for Man Utd next season, actually.