The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

How are we not in front? All Wigan have done is amassed a very hefty collection of fouls.

That Rodwell has look pretty useful.

I'm the first to admit we haven't played amazingly but we've done a hell of a lot more than Wigan.

Rodwell, I hope, will go onto become a regular England midfielder in the future. The lad looks relaxed on the ball; more that can be said for the rest of our squad, bar 2 or 3.

He does look very comfortable on the ball. That little turn he did to find space and eventually led to the Saha chance was a good example. Very similar to a young Joe Cole in that regard.

For all the talk about Villa's bad start, they will probably end up in 7th place with a chance to jump into the top 5 with their match in hand at the end of today.

They'd have expected 6 points from Wigan, Liverpool & Fulham. In a way, getting the 3 points off Liverpool who I imagine will be the team at risk in the top 4 means they've had a better start than they'd have expected.

Random bit of trivia about Zuberbuhler the Fulham sub 'keeper.

Was Switzerland goalkeeper in the 2006 World Cup when they became the only team in World Cup history not to concede a goal in normal time. (3 clean sheets in the group stage before losing on penalties in the last 16)