The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Boggles my mind the set of footballers that Tony Pulis has at his disposal and the dreck he serves up every week. People like Fuller, Lawrence, Tuncay are very talented and sometimes a joy to watch yet he plays Delap and Mama Sidibe every game they are fit for.

But he's kept them up two seasons straight, so guess one can't argue.

If he played

Etherington-Pugh-Faye-Lawrence

Tuncay

Fuller

He could play some really good football. But i suppose he probably would get relegated trying that.

On a side note, you in London Wednesday for the Arsenal match by any slight chance Village Idiot? We could hold hands skipping around Highbury.

You seem to forget that Pugh and especially Faye are absolutely fucking gash though. Whelan has been one of their star performers this season as well.

Sidibe on the other hand, dear god he's poor. Clearly only getting a game because he is tall.

Between them Ribery+Robben have either assisted or scored the last 7 goals Bayern have scored (unsure whether in UCL or Bundesliga competition but still) that's amazing. Man Utd are certs if they are out.

So how does everyone think the CL ties will go?

For me

Bayern v Man Utd:1-1 1st leg, 3-1 Man Utd 2nd leg - Man Utd win 4-2 agg.

Lyon v Bordeaux: 2-1 Lyon 1st legt, 2-1 Bordeaux 2nd leg - Lyon on pens.

Inter v CSKA: 1-0 Inter 1st leg, 2-2 2nd leg - Inter win 3-2 agg.

Arsenal v Barca: 1-1 1st leg, 3-1 Barca 2nd leg - Barca win 4-2 agg.

Realistically I can see Lyon winning 2-0 tonight then making it through eventually given recent form of both teams, hopefully I'm wrong. All the other ties seem to have one clear favourite.

Guest Brummiemag

Realistically I can see Lyon winning 2-0 tonight then making it through eventually given recent form of both teams, hopefully I'm wrong. All the other ties seem to have one clear favourite.

Out of interest, what have you got against Lyon?

Nothing really, although I don't really like French clubs to do well in Europe. Just that Bordeaux is my home town.

I think Man U, Barca, Inter, and Lyon to go through, but I wish Man U, Arsenal, CSKA, and Bordeaux.

Really? I couldn't bring myself to back any of the big 4 to go through. Everything about them makes me sick.

Actually Arsenal are an exception, but Man U, nah no thanks.

I think Man U, Barca, Inter, and Lyon to go through, but I wish Man U, Arsenal, CSKA, and Bordeaux.

Really? I couldn't bring myself to back any of the big 4 to go through. Everything about them makes me sick.

I'd rather have one of our bad boys win it then one from Spain or Italy, also I'd rather eat snails then let the Frence/germans win it, and anyoe else should be getting beat before they get a chance to eaven think about winning it.

The point is that Man U should go through because Bayern absolutely not deserve to be in the CL quarter finals - let alone the semi finals.

They should have gone out in the group stages or at least against Florenz. The decisive goal scored by Klose in Munich was a good metre offside.

The other teams I like Inter to go through because of Mourinho and Arsenal because they're English and because I hate Barca. Don't have any favourites in Lyon - Bordeaux.

That Allianz Arena looks really class. Should be a good game tonight.

Think it looks horrible tbh. Not like a football stadium but more like a rubber boat. Love the look of a classic football stadium like SJP much much more.

Guest Brummiemag

Nothing really, although I don't really like French clubs to do well in Europe. Just that Bordeaux is my home town.

Fair comment. I'd quite like to see Lyon or Bordeaux go on to win the trophy on the basis that it would be good to see someone different winning it.

Anything to stop the same old teams dominating Europe. 

Failing that then Arsenal or Barcelona as they play the best football. 

The team I least want to win is Inter because I hate Mourinho's cynical approach

just seen an interview with Ji-Sung Park.  Spoke good English.  Seem to remember reading somewhere his English was still quite poor given the amount of time he's been at Man Utd.

doesn't he knock about with Evra and (insert other player here) a lot so i guess they need a common language.

just seen an interview with Ji-Sung Park.  Spoke good English.  Seem to remember reading somewhere his English was still quite poor given the amount of time he's been at Man Utd.

doesn't he knock about with Evra and (insert other player here) a lot so i guess they need a common language.

Tevez used to part of their group.

Tevez used to part of their group.

Aye thats the one, wonder how they get by, as Tevez's English ain't the best either.

Bayern Munich: Butt, Lahm, Van Buyten, Demichelis, Badstuber, Altintop, Van Bommel, Pranjic, Ribery, Muller, Olic.

Subs: Rensing, Gorlitz, Klose, Contento, Alaba, Gomez, Tymoschuk.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Park, Rooney.

Subs: Kuszczak, Berbatov, Giggs, Rafael Da Silva, Jonathan Evans, Valencia, Gibson.

Shame baldy Arjen ain't playing but should be a good game.