West Brom 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 08/08/09 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

I'll tell you what'll be ironic. We finally find some use for Smith, but his performances will likely prompt a bid from a prem team who will suddenly think he is great again.

I'll tell you what'll be ironic. We finally find some use for Smith, but his performances will likely prompt a bid from a prem team who will suddenly think he is great again.

Win-win.

Smith was immense. Put himself about, didn't hide and every tackle was timed to perfection.  :kasper:

Jonas whinged through the whole game, and put in about two decent crosses. West Brom are a footballing side, and it's a warm August day. What's he going to be like on a cold December against a less 'cultured' team? Thinking about a move back to Spain, more than likely.

Colo was awful in the first half, redeemed himself in the second.

Rest of them, so-so. Not great, not awful. Looked like they gave a toss, so can't complain really.

Really good second half performance - something we genuinely lacked last season and is why we are where we are now.  It was nice to see the guys come out and put in a shift for the second half.

I will most definitely take an away point at arguably our hardest opponents this season - to put it in perspective it would be like getting a point at Stamford Bridge or Anfield last season.

Really good second half performance - something we genuinely lacked last season and is why we are where we are now.  It was nice to see the guys come out and put in a shift for the second half.

I thought we had the better of the game up until the goal in the first-half as well.

Our first Championship game a result of our relegation a game where we got only 1 point YET I am on a high, it’s so good to see us playing again, great to hear 2700 Geordies singing their hearts out. I think we saw today that IF we can get a RB  & CB + a striker we will be fine, yes okay injuries may haunt us but well that happens every year anyway.

We bossed the fk out of west Brom today, lead by a man who let’s face it none of us even wanted in the squad ALAN SMITH take a bow son, he was great even with Ryan Taylor and Colo trying to fkn ruin us he just got on with his job. He did not go through them for their mistakes oh no he tried to keep them from worrying about the things they did wrong. He flew into tackles, he pushed them back he closed them down, point made Alan armband earned,  O0

We played football okay at times not pretty but then at times great flowing moves, such as the one for our goal, we dropped our heads BUT we lifted them again we do not see that very often.

Tin Krul ah Timmy Timmy what a guy, okay he was maybe way over excited but well who can blame him he got his chance and he shone, a keeper playing for us who commanded his area was like a breath of fresh air, reactions of cat and as brave as a mackem drinking in the black bull.

Andt Caroll winning things in the air time and tome again, a young lad who gave his all for the cause can we ask for more?

Yes okay I could ho over the negative bits but whats the point? Doom & gloom nofkn thankyou, let’s look forward lads.

FUCKING BRING ON READING!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Our first Championship game a result of our relegation a game where we got only 1 point YET I am on a high, it’s so good to see us playing again, great to hear 2700 Geordies singing their hearts out. I think we saw today that IF we can get a RB  & CB + a striker we will be fine, yes okay injuries may haunt us but well that happens every year anyway.

We bossed the fk out of west Brom today, lead by a man who let’s face it none of us even wanted in the squad ALAN SMITH take a bow son, he was great even with Ryan Taylor and Colo trying to fkn ruin us he just got on with his job. He did not go through them for their mistakes oh no he tried to keep them from worrying about the things they did wrong. He flew into tackles, he pushed them back he closed them down, point made Alan armband earned,  O0

We played football okay at times not pretty but then at times great flowing moves, such as the one for our goal, we dropped our heads BUT we lifted them again we do not see that very often.

Tin Krul ah Timmy Timmy what a guy, okay he was maybe way over excited but well who can blame him he got his chance and he shone, a keeper playing for us who commanded his area was like a breath of fresh air, reactions of cat and as brave as a mackem drinking in the black bull.

Andt Caroll winning things in the air time and tome again, a young lad who gave his all for the cause can we ask for more?

Yes okay I could ho over the negative bits but whats the point? Doom & gloom nofkn thankyou, let’s look forward lads.

f***ing BRING ON READING!

sod off man skirge...what does marley think ?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Remember last season we got a good away draw to a FORMIDABLE team but then eneded the season RELEGATERD. Does lightining strike twice here?

f***ing BRING ON READING!

sod off man skirge...what does marley think ?

He wrote the fker man.... no typo's

:lol:

Was I the only one who thought Coloccini didn't do too badly?

no

(but that wouldn't be trendy)

Honestly thought he was hopeless. Improved slightly as the game wore on, but generally very worrying.

We were the better team; they had the better chances and the main the reason for that was Colocinni; he was fucking rubbish & didn't want to know.

Nolan hasn't got the legs needed, Shola isn't up to it & Jonas was Jonas - mostly ineffective.

The others did ok; Smith did well as did Duff & Carroll.

If we can get the ownership sorted we have nowt to be afraid of.

Pleased for Hughton; he has my respect for sticking with this.

Barton had a real go at Hughton yesterday and as a result, was dropped.

Any news on what it was about? Heard in the pub that he had a massive fight with him, as a result i assumed this was the end of Barton but coming back here sounds like its not?

Barton had a real go at Hughton yesterday and as a result, was dropped.

Any news on what it was about? Heard in the pub that he had a massive fight with him, as a result i assumed this was the end of Barton but coming back here sounds like its not?

if we had a manager with any bottle it probably would have been. Hughton probably told him he was being very naughty and wouldn't start the match OR have any pudding!

Was I the only one who thought Coloccini didn't do too badly?

no, you're not

His positioning was awful, he was bullied by the oppo, his distribution was awful, he time and again took a touch & tried to beat a man deep in his own half, he struggled in the air but he did intercept a couple of passes in the 2nd half.

He cost 10 Million & he is a liability for us.