Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pretty stupid thing to do. Wonder how how people would react if he did this 3 games from the end of the season and we're in a relegation battle?

Aye exactly. I don't care about him being a role model or "woe is me" ranting about consistency. All I care about is getting points in our next three games and he's severely dented our chances purely out of stupidity.

Guest LJA0210

LJA2010 says that the Roberts punch was also highlighted by MOTD.

no i didnt i said it wasnt  highlighted someone sed if a punch is thrown MOTD wont just say "oh its player X we wont show it" but thats exactly what happened

Pretty stupid thing to do. Wonder how how people would react if he did this 3 games from the end of the season and we're in a relegation battle?

Aye exactly. I don't care about him being a role model or "woe is me" ranting about consistency. All I care about is getting points in our next three games and he's severely dented our chances purely out of stupidity.

Exactly.

He should just accept the charge and get back to playing. At the end its been blown over proportion but still it was a stupid thing to do and to take the risk of getting 4, 5 or 6 matches is pointless.

Now it'll be up to other to prove their worth.

I'm supporting Joey because at the end of the day, he's not the only one who would have lashed out.

By whom?

Other clubs supporters wanting him to get banned for the rest of the season.

He should just accept the charge and get back to playing. At the end its been blown over proportion but still it was a stupid thing to do and to take the risk of getting 4, 5 or 6 matches is pointless.

Now it'll be up to other to prove their worth.

I'm supporting Joey because at the end of the day, he's not the only one who would have lashed out.

By whom?

Other clubs supporters wanting him to get banned for the rest of the season.

not forgetting mr hansen who labelled it 10 times worse than essiens challenge.

Very frustrating as he's been excellent for us.  That pass to Carroll last night was unreal.

And as for that twat Hanson saying it was 10 times worse than what Essien did, he can fuck right off with his bias shit.  You can easily break someones leg going in with 2 feet, all Barton did was a little jab ffs.

Champion, accepted and three match ban. Time to move on. There have been plenty of opportunities for him to lash out already this season and he hasn't. He's only human and he's apologised for his actions.

Media didn't really run with it either, or perhaps they have and I've just avoided all forms of it since the game?

I think Hughton raises a fantastic point in regards to Barton. It's all well and good to punish him for instances of stupidity but where was the protection during the game against Wolves, I see little difference between that and him being targeted not for rough treatment but for dangerous tackles.

Can't really see how tackling someone can be compared to punching them.

Would you rather HBA had been punched in the chest instead of tackled?

Tackling is clearly more reckless and dangerous.

:lol:

What the fuck has Ben Arfa got to do with it?

If you punch someone you get banned, if you tackle someone you may or may not.  Tackling is part of the game (which is sometimes carried out badly/recklessly), throwing fists definitely isn't.

Seems fairly straight forward.

Surely you must have seen the :lol: ?

Apologies, I was confusing you for one of the people who actually believe what you were saying in jest. :lol:

from .co.uk:

Barton said:

"I fully accept that I was in the wrong on this occasion and accept the charge that the FA have brought against me. I would like to apologise to Chris Hughton, my team-mates, our supporters and of course to Morten Gamst Pedersen and Blackburn Rovers.

"This season I have really been enjoying my football and although I have been on the receiving end of a few robust challenges, I have, up until now, remained calm in the face of provocation and just carried on with the game. But I hold my hands up, I reacted badly to the situation on Wednesday night and I deeply regret it.

"I have been working very hard to keep that side of my game under control and I think it has showed in the way I have been able to get on and enjoy my football this season. I look forward to trying to get back into the team once my suspension is over and helping the club maintain its good start to the season."

Manager Chris Hughton added:

"We accept the action taken by the FA, and it is of course disappointing to lose Joey for three games. He has worked so hard on his game this season, but he knows that he can't react the way he did on Wednesday."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101111/united-and-barton-accept-fa-charge_2281670_2216675

Well handled NUFC.

Guest Chubby Jason

A deserved ban for sure, but the FA do themselves no favors when they let players like Huddlestone get away with two red card worthy offenses without punishment. They seem to have no system of precedent and just conduct themselves in an ad hoc way with no consistency at all.

I think Hughton raises a fantastic point in regards to Barton. It's all well and good to punish him for instances of stupidity but where was the protection during the game against Wolves, I see little difference between that and him being targeted not for rough treatment but for dangerous tackles.

Can't really see how tackling someone can be compared to punching them.

Would you rather HBA had been punched in the chest instead of tackled?

Tackling is clearly more reckless and dangerous.

What the fuck has Ben Arfa got to do with it?

If you punch someone you get banned, if you tackle someone you may or may not.  Tackling is part of the game (which is sometimes carried out badly/recklessly), throwing fists definitely isn't.

Seems fairly straight forward.

Surely you must have seen the :lol: ?

Apologies, I was confusing you for one of the people who actually believe what you were saying in jest. :lol:

No worries mate.

A deserved ban for sure, but the FA do themselves no favors when they let players like Huddlestone get away with two red card worthy offenses without punishment. They seem to have no system of precedent and just conduct themselves in an ad hoc way with no consistency at all.

thats my problem too things like the huddlestone incident does open the fa to easy criticism

Guest Geordiesned

Glad this has been dealt with swiftly and he held his hands up to it and apologised.

I am annoyed that Jason Roberts has escaped any censure though after his attempted upper cut on Coloccini just after Colo fouled him in front of the East Stand.

Guest DarkStormCrow

Barton deserved the ban, maybe next time someone runs into him with a shoulder he can go down like a sack of potatos. What bBarton did was wrong and he has been banned and apologized, lets hope the media lets it go , like that will happen.

LJA2010 says that the Roberts punch was also highlighted by MOTD.

no i didnt i said it wasnt  highlighted someone sed if a punch is thrown MOTD wont just say "oh its player X we wont show it" but thats exactly what happened

Sorry mate,misinterpreted your post,when you were actually agreeing with me. :lol:

Guest Kenton Magpie

Poor action by Barton, shouldnt really be here based on previous events but I cant deny he has been a sensation for us this season. The question remains, how many more chances can the lad get?

He hasn't been sensational but he's shown enough quality (and worked hard enough) recently to earn himself a "free" one, for me anyway. Needs to keep working on removing it from his game completely though.