Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is there a thread for the impending Barton sale in the Jan transfer window to the Hammers?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=851309&sec=transfers&cc=5901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=852727&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Wages too high my fuckin' arse. Take your fist out of your gaping asshole, you fat f***. We need to keep him.

If his wages are to high, then offer to renegotiate earlier and work summik out.  Dont just flog the fcker.  He sort of owes the club for sticking by him.

'settled'?! Did I just imagine his last suspension? :lol:

No, but how does that mean he's not settled?

If he was truly settled, he'd have cut out the stupid incidents/mistakes. Just because he's playing better doesn't make him settled.

Why would Barton want to join West Ham like? That club is in free fall, can't see what's going to keep them up this year.

media shite trying to big up west ham because of the mutual love affair between fleet street and Gold and Sullivan.

seriously the amount of shit west ham are getting away with is ridiculous were it us in their position the press would be wasting no time laughing at us every week instead they big up west ham the whole time

If he was truly settled, he'd have cut out the stupid incidents/mistakes. Just because he's playing better doesn't make him settled.

He's settled at Newcastle. Whatever the fuck he does on the pitch doesn't really make a difference in regards to him being settled at the club or not, just that he's not a changed character and still have flaws.

Or we just have different meanings for "settled". I'm well tired and a bit hungover so I dunno. :lol:

he's settled by his standards

If Barton leaves I reckon we'll go down, simple as that.

He's been absolutely oustanding this season and has been our only spark of creativity in a very workman-like midfield.

Obviously you can point to Nolan's goals but apart from getting on the end of chances he offers very little else. Jonas, for all his ball-carrying and running offers no goal threat and little in the way of assists. And finally Tiote who has been nothin short of spectacular but whose job is to break up play rather than instigate it.

Routlegde and Guthrie look totally out of their depth and Ben Arfa is crocked.

without Barton we are doomed....unless we can replace him with Fabregas but I can't see that happening

"You can take Joey out of Liverpool, but you cannot take Liverpool out of Joey"

Haven't you been paying attention?  He's an Evertonian not a Liverpudlian.  :D

Thought he might have mentioned that in an interview...

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think Barton seems very happy to be in Newcastle and like he repeatedly says he owes the club a lot for standing by him through all the shit.

I could imagine Villa as a far more realistic option than West Ham for him as they could pay the wages he would be looking for.  I just think Ashley isn't keen on him and with 18 months left on his contract, they will have to discuss a new one soon but I am not sure Barton would agree to a drop in wages.  Hopefully though, we keep him for this season.