Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

get used to him, ronaldo has his faves and hates and will defend them to the end, regardless of what actually happens.

I often manage to find affection for players who are consistently instrumental in us picking up points.

Fickle, I know.

what about those instrumental in us losing points....he's done enough of that hasn't he ?

Not this season. Or last.

I presume you're going back to that despicable, horrific, career-ending tackle on Alonso.

You said it wasn't even a free kick, if my memory serves me right.

It certainly wasn't a red.

i normally refrain from doing such things but.....

:facepalm:

People honestly picking him apart because he complained about a free kick? :lol:

Madras has a go at Barton over giving the free-kick then is soo arrogant to the fact he blames Simpson and not taylor for the defending of it.  Double standards.

i give you 100 days to find where i blame simpson.

even easier, i didn't so f*** off.

Well, who are you blaming for the lack of marking around collins despite Steven Taylor saying 'I've got him' and pointing to collins for the marking for that free-kick?

does he, some think he's saying "get him" to simpson. to be honest the way we defend from corners/free kicks nowt would surprise me.

Regardless of what he was saying it shouldn't have needed saying anyway as they should all know who they're marking and where they need to be on set pieces.

have you watched what happens at set pieces ? not just us but all clubs ?....you'd think it was so organised but its not. surprised me aswell.

Doesn't surprise me but its what we should be aspiring too.

chelsea, aresenal and man city were very similar. there was no set marking at set pieces. probably due to the movement of the attacking teams.

The tackle is on youtube, and you can clearly see he wins the ball first then goes through the man.  It was a hard tackle, but never a red card in a million years.

as does de jong.

the whole attempt is take the man out, if bartons recent interview is to belived it klind of backs it up.

he despises people for exactly what he's just done.....being bigger than their performances and todays wasn't a 'captains performane'.

keep your gob shut and let your football do your talking.

Nail on the head. I'm a big fan of his, but he was shite today and after his mouthing off he looks a fool. I spent the majority of my evening arguing with man utd fans about him last night, he made me look a fool as well today.

Just get on with the job in hand please, and shut your trap.

I thought he was ok today, to be honest, but he was clearly wound up right from the off.

He also seemed to spend a lot of time talking and gesturing to your bench. Bloke behind me commented that it looked like Barton thought he was the on-pitch manager, and to be honest, I thought he had a poiunt.

What the fuck was with that character assassination of Joey Barton on MOTD2?

Fucking Savage dressed like a gay greengrocer and Mark 'Jabba the Hut' Lawrenson having a sarcasm overload on the sofa. Colin fucking Murray chuckling along with them.

Aye Robbie, you are well qualified to identify poor midfield play, you practiced it for your whole life. And not to mention you're an expert in talking shite, both during and after your deeply mediocre career.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's not the first time they've picked him apart on that show. As blatantly biased as it is, his stupid comments have brought this on himself.

Savage and Lawrenson ripping him apart on MOTD2.  Twats.

Watching the golf. What are they saying?

Savage was reading quotes from that interview he did, and Lawrenson was loudly sarcastically laughing in the background.

Showed basically everything he did badly today, whilst saying things like "Lampard would have scored that," "Gerrard would have found that pass" and "He can't go past a man like Wilshere"

Completely ripping the piss out of his game today and laughing about it.

Fair enough he made some slightly unwise comments, but he had a valid point saying he deserved a chance for England. One dodgy game hardly justifies laughing in his face on national TV while conveniently overlooking how class he's been for the whole season.

Absolute disgrace, the BBC should be ashamed of Savage and Lawrenson.

He's fair game. His past will never be forgotten and used against him as and when they see fit.

Personally, as much as I agree with a lot of what he comes out with, I'd be tempted to keep as low a profile as possible if I were him.

Has undeniably been great for us this season, though not today.

Not sure it's realistic to expect any changes in the mouth department, it's too much part of his make up.

He's an easy target for brainless pundits.

Personally, as much as I agree with a lot of what he comes out with, I'd be tempted to keep as low a profile as possible if I were him.

I heard someone talking about this on the radio on the way home from the match, and found it hard to disagree.

They were saying that, whilst Barton had a point with a lot of the things he said - in fact, it was hard to disagree with him - there was never going to be any positive outcome for him from saying them when he did.

For all the talk - which is true - that these comments get far more adverse attention because he's Joey Barton, he himself more than anyone should be acutely aware of that, and therefore of the wisdom of making comments like this.

Fair enough he made some slightly unwise comments, but he had a valid point saying he deserved a chance for England. One dodgy game hardly justifies laughing in his face on national TV while conveniently overlooking how class he's been for the whole season.

Absolute disgrace, the BBC should be ashamed of Savage and Lawrenson.

Colin Murray is just as bad, as the presenter he should be impartial, but he just laughs along with them.

The Torres incident where he gave this big serious speech that it was too naughty to be shown on TV, as if he was stabbing kittens or something was a joke.

The lot of them just ridicule and chastise Barton at any given oppurtunity, it's a disgrace.

I thought he seemed to get fouled a lot today. He was wound up and Villa were playing on it, no doubt.

He was wound up from the off.

I sit in the Trinity Road stand right in front of the teams for the line up, and he was gobbing off at Young in the handshaking bit. Everyone in the ground could see he was on a short fuse today.