Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think the snake's about to start swallowing his own tail, so I'll leave this conversation here :D

:lol:

Meaning what exactly?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/134/7/7/Rough_Infinity_Snake.jpg

We're back worrying about Barton's future and about to start going in circles...

I think the snake's about to start swallowing his own tail, so I'll leave this conversation here :D

Meaning what exactly?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/134/7/7/Rough_Infinity_Snake.jpg

We're back worrying about Barton's future and about to start going in circles...

I got that, just wondering if it was something specific I said. :)

We'll see how it pans out. :thup:

Has he laid into the club at all yet? I just thought he was trying to reassure fans of his loyalty towards the club that said, joey Barton on twitter is an absolute abortion of an idea

http://images.wikia.com/friends/images/2/27/Estelle.jpg

"Hey Joey, do you know what you should do....."

a) we don't know what he's been offered

b) we don't know what he's holding out for

c) purely my opinion but barton wanting to take on all comers via twitter will end up with him coming off worse.

c) purely my opinion but barton wanting to take on all comers via twitter will end up with him coming off worse.

Couldn't agree more. All said and done the only question really is what is Barton fighting for?

One thing I'm sure of is he won't walk away from it, he would rather be run over by a tank than back down. Wether that position he takes is based on a legitimate complaint or a psychological aberration will have no bearing.

It's a mess that won't go away.

Couldn't agree more. All said and done the only question really is what is Barton fighting for?

One thing I'm sure of is he won't walk away from it, he would rather be run over by a tank than back down. Wether that position he takes is based on a legitimate complaint or a psychological aberration will have no bearing.

Unfortunately, it has to go away, one way or another. If he won't join another club, he'll have to go on gardening leave. He's basically declared war on his employer, trying to use the support of fans to back himself up. There's no sign of a change of owner, so he's the one that will have to go. Whether he already realises that, I don't know. If he hangs around, there's a danger that he's going to poison the atmosphere in the dressing room.

He's an intelligent bloke, but unfortunately far too self-centred to see the bigger picture.

Unfortunately, it has to go away, one way or another. If he won't join another club, he'll have to go on gardening leave. He's basically declared war on his employer, trying to use the support of fans to back himself up. There's no sign of a change of owner, so he's the one that will have to go. Whether he already realises that, I don't know. If he hangs around, there's a danger that he's going to poison the atmosphere in the dressing room.

He's an intelligent bloke, but unfortunately far too self-centred to see the bigger picture.

what makes you think he's an intelligent bloke ? he's admitted some of his failings, that doesn't make him intelligent and his fuck ups  are more often more than just passion.

what makes you think he's an intelligent bloke ? he's admitted some of his failings, that doesn't make him intelligent and his fuck ups  are more often more than just passion.

He does come across as more intelligent than many footballers, but everything is relative. In the grand scale of things I would hesitate to proclaim him a genius.

I think you can just tell through his interviewes that he's a fairly intelligent guy. He's probably one of the most articulate players going, although that's not saying an awful lot.

Being articulate doesn't make him intelligent. Just a more effective loud mouth.

I think you can just tell through his interviewes that he's a fairly intelligent guy. He's probably one of the most articulate players going, although that's not saying an awful lot.

Being articulate doesn't make him intelligent. Just a more effective loud mouth.

Well again, everything is relative, but being articulate could be considered as at least a measure of intelligence. The loud mouth is also a measure of something.