Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm pissed that our name has been dragged through the mud here. Both sides deserve a portion of blame. Barton is no angel in all of this but it could have been handled better.

This is all a joke, we had a perfect oppourtunity to push on this season and put up a fight for Europe. None of us demanded or expected £35 million to be spent on players. I'm assuming selling a player for £35 million was not in the 5 year business plan so surely some of that cash could have been spent properly. We are a couple of decent players away from going from relegation candidates/mid tabe team to mid table team/EL challengers.

I don't think Barton or Nolan for that matter are innocent in all of this but there is certainley an agenda by management here.

I really don't see the problem with letting Barton leave on a free. It's pretty obvious that no club would pay a transfer fee for him and he was set to leave at the end of the year on a free anyhow. It's also pretty obvious that he's a toxic asset for the club.

This doesn't make me an "Ashley apologist" (whatever that means) btw. But in this case, I'll be glad to see the arse end of Barton. Should be interesting to see what club actually goes in for him and if Ashley actually seeks to replace him and Routledge.

That's already happened btw, Marveaux and Tavernier.

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

Would not touch this guy with a 12 mile barge pole after this incident.

why?

Because pummelling a teenager in the face and getting a 6 month sentence is one thing, we can understand that, who hasn't done it?  But writing some tweets about your contract situation is beyond the pale.  A new low.

Welcome back. :aww:

:pow:

Thanks...just wondered if there was anyone left still praising Ashley's acumen.

Loads of them, unfortunately. They're in denial about more than a few things.

I get the feeling most realise now but they are just too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

I hardly ever post on here anymore and this type of thing is exactly why.

Honestly, what is the f***ing point in discussing this, asking questions, pulling our hair out at the absolute remorseless, unabashed stupidity of the person that's running our club? Unless we can do something to get Ashley out, or to make a real difference, we're all just back-seat drivers until he's gone or we crash.

Selling 3 of our best players last season, and 100% of the team spirit that got us back and to where we are. It goes without saying that it's potentially suicidal, but absolutely nothing surprises me anymore and that's the saddest and most troubling thing for me. Those of you without a penchant for gloom will be pleased to know that I've given up talking about this sitch until it's to genuinely and effectively make a difference.

I've noticed this recently and the rest of the post is exactly why you should

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I am sure that no one else gives 100% on the field like JB week in week out, he loves this club and can see the board from the inside. His only problem is that he is opinionated and vocal like any strong character.

He will be a huge loss this season for sure

I really don't see the problem with letting Barton leave on a free. It's pretty obvious that no club would pay a transfer fee for him and he was set to leave at the end of the year on a free anyhow. It's also pretty obvious that he's a toxic asset for the club.

This doesn't make me an "Ashley apologist" (whatever that means) btw. But in this case, I'll be glad to see the arse end of Barton. Should be interesting to see what club actually goes in for him and if Ashley actually seeks to replace him and Routledge.

We've replaced two right sided midfielders with a left winger and a full back?

Guest neesy111

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

Good Post. :thup:

No doubt you'll be called an Ashley apologist by Dave etc though still.

I agree Barton's subsequent actions are not exactly good for his image that he tries to present of being 'with the fans'.

However, if the club was run properly this would have never happened.

Good Post. :thup:

No doubt you'll be called an Ashley apologist by Dave etc though still.

If we weren't so short on quality players then it wouldn't have been such an issue to get rid in the first place.

We've replaced two right sided midfielders with a left winger and a full back?

Jonas->Right, Tavernier=Ferguson.  /Ashleylogic  (not my own)

Edit: We know we need replacement(s), but like a back-up for Enrique - like how he's seen Tiote do well in his first season he thinks he can build a squad of Tiotes from across Europe - he thinks our young left winger can do it like N'Zogbia did.

Don't see a problem with letting one of our absolute best players on a free? Fucking hell that makes so little sense. Absolutely idiotic. Toxic in terms of what? Criticizing the board and owner? He is obviously well liked, or at least seen as a top player by the other players. It would be stupid all around to let him go. Even for money. He will be really important on the pitch this season. End of.

I hardly ever post on here anymore and this type of thing is exactly why.

Honestly, what is the fucking point in discussing this, asking questions, pulling our hair out at the absolute remorseless, unabashed stupidity of the person that's running our club? Unless we can do something to get Ashley out, or to make a real difference, we're all just back-seat drivers until he's gone or we crash.

Selling 3 of our best players last season, and 100% of the team spirit that got us back and to where we are. It goes without saying that it's potentially suicidal, but absolutely nothing surprises me anymore and that's the saddest and most troubling thing for me. Those of you without a penchant for gloom will be pleased to know that I've given up talking about this sitch until it's to genuinely and effectively make a difference.

:thup:

It's fucking stupid.  Releasing one of your best players on a whim man, fuck off.  We've imploded before we've even started the season and this was supposed to be the summer that changed things, absolutely fucking pathetic.

Whoever is to blame does NUFC look like a club a decent player would want to come to?

Ask Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

Ah, Ben Arfa. The kind of guy who wouldn't dream of slagging off his manager and/or current club in public. :laugh:

And now it seems to have swung onto the other extreme, where there is more talk of people talking about being accused of being an 'Ashley apologist' than there is actually people calling people an 'Ashley apologist' :lol:

Whoever is to blame does NUFC look like a club a decent player would want to come to?

Ask Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

Ah, Ben Arfa. The kind of guy who wouldn't dream of slagging off his manager and/or current club in public. :laugh:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1831341&stc=1&d=1242858412