Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread shite and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

By the way, Smith has done f*** all wrong apart from being s***, why aren't we up in arms at the treatment of Smith? Because he's s*** its acceptable, same if this happened to Shola we would all just shrug our shoulders, but we are up in arms over Nolan and moreso Barton because they are tidy players.

I have no resentment to Alan Smith, the situation with him is not his fault. See Albert Luque, Xisco et al. The Nolan situation is an interesting one, and I agree with how it was handled. Barton's is a completely different situation imo, a player who could offer what he does now for years and years to come and arguably our best player.

I agree that over all those players Barton was the one I would want to keep the most, but he's been told he can find another club and on the face of it has done fuck all to the club, he hasn't publically crticised the club and seems to be towing the line yet he has been canned pretty much no one is bothered by his treatment..

The situations are different but I think our judgement is a bit clouded as his quality is important to us. If we did sign Barnetta and that defensive midfielder from France - forgot his name now then I don't think people would be as up in arms at the treatment of Barton? Just my opinion!

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

Good Post. :thup:

No doubt you'll be called an Ashley apologist by Dave etc though still.

Of course Barton brought it on himself.  And Enrique's trying to bring it on himself too....and Danny Simpson it's starting to seem.  Harper's said nowt though...best keeper at the club, but he's been pushed into the reserves on Tuesday.  No future as a strong presence in the changing room it seems.  Smith's in the reserves too.  Nolan said nowt publicly.  Carroll said nowt publicly.

You don't see players at.....say...Stoke City queueing up to get out do you?

It's an exodus of our very best players.  If enrique goes it's 4 of them in 6 months.  Tiote and Coloccini are the only remnants of actual premier league quality left to us.

I don't give a s*** aout any individual player that doesn't want to be at the club.  But to point the finger at ALL these players rather than the man showing them the door is ridicuous.

It's all resulted from the sale of Carroll and the lack of ambition we've shown during this subsequent summer. Jose and Barton were clearly unsettled from that point. Still doesn't excuse Barton's actions for me.

Concise and to the point.

Which tweet was the worst?

By the way, Smith has done f*** all wrong apart from being s***, why aren't we up in arms at the treatment of Smith? Because he's s*** its acceptable, same if this happened to Shola we would all just shrug our shoulders, but we are up in arms over Nolan and moreso Barton because they are tidy players.

Speak for yourself.

Plenty of players do not get the contracts they want from their current club and just move on, not many use twitter & the media to slag off the club. Nolan & Barton both seem to think they are all powerful but Nolan was far & slow and coming to the end of his career, he was constantly slated on here for poor performances.

Joey has had massive issues throughout his career and at times been an absolute liability, we have had him here a LONG time and had one good season out of him, we tolerated him going to prison when a lot of clubs would have got shot then.

The way I see it he owes us more than we owe him, yes okay this club is ran by utter cunts but regardless of that Joey spouts this badge kissing'esque verbal shit and expects us to back him over the club he is hurting.

He told us nothing that we did not already know, EVERY fan is aware of the lies MA & Deka spout, we have protested and been ignored, we would all love the club to be sold but whining players on twitter are not going to make that happen. Jose & Joey both have selfish reasons for what they did, it was NOT for the good of the fans it was NOT because they love us and the club.

It will have upset any team spirit there was and the new lads must be regretting signing for us and now with an already weak squad we are going to lose another player.

And Wayne Rooney criticised the Man Utd owners for a lack of ambition and they pulled out all of the stops to keep him when they could have just sold him for £50m+.  We just let one of our best players go for nowt in vaguely similar circumstances.  Other clubs don't do this - we're a special case and not in a good way.

Yep.  Then you look at Arsenal, they haven't been backed financially in the transfer market and it has resulted in players like Adebayor, Toure, Denilson, Clichy and Fabregas wanting out.  Possibly Nasri aswell.  Have they had any success in recent years? Of course not.

Plenty of players do not get the contracts they want from their current club and just move on, not many use twitter & the media to slag off the club. Nolan & Barton both seem to think they are all powerful but Nolan was far & slow and coming to the end of his career, he was constantly slated on here for poor performances.

Joey has had massive issues throughout his career and at times been an absolute liability, we have had him here a LONG time and had one good season out of him, we tolerated him going to prison when a lot of clubs would have got shot then.

The way I see it he owes us more than we owe him, yes okay this club is ran by utter c***s but regardless of that Joey spouts this badge kissing'esque verbal s*** and expects us to back him over the club he is hurting.

He told us nothing that we did not already know, EVERY fan is aware of the lies MA & Deka spout, we have protested and been ignored, we would all love the club to be sold but whining players on twitter are not going to make that happen. Jose & Joey both have selfish reasons for what they did, it was NOT for the good of the fans it was NOT because they love us and the club.

It will have upset any team spirit there was and the new lads must be regretting signing for us and now with an already weak squad we are going to lose another player.

:thup:

Agree with the bit in bold, even if it is somewhat a side issue.

By the way, Smith has done fuck all wrong apart from being shit, why aren't we up in arms at the treatment of Smith? Because he's shit its acceptable, same if this happened to Shola we would all just shrug our shoulders, but we are up in arms over Nolan and moreso Barton because they are tidy players.

you what? because we want the club to hang onto it's best players for fucks sake

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread shite and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

and if we wanted to keep him we could've given him a fair contract this summer. we dont want to keep him because we dont want to pay what he's worth as a footballer, again.

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

Good Post. :thup:

No doubt you'll be called an Ashley apologist by Dave etc though still.

Of course Barton brought it on himself.  And Enrique's trying to bring it on himself too....and Danny Simpson it's starting to seem.  Harper's said nowt though...best keeper at the club, but he's been pushed into the reserves on Tuesday.  No future as a strong presence in the changing room it seems.  Smith's in the reserves too.  Nolan said nowt publicly.  Carroll said nowt publicly.

You don't see players at.....say...Stoke City queueing up to get out do you?

It's an exodus of our very best players.  If enrique goes it's 4 of them in 6 months.  Tiote and Coloccini are the only remnants of actual premier league quality left to us.

I don't give a shit aout any individual player that doesn't want to be at the club.  But to point the finger at ALL these players rather than the man showing them the door is ridicuous.

Well said.

It's basically the toxic combination of greedy and idiotic players and Mashley the crazy horse.

and if we wanted to keep him we could've given him a fair contract this summer. we dont want to keep him because we dont want to pay what he's worth as a footballer, again.

At the moment it looks like no one else wants to pay him what he's worth either unless they get him on a free. If he's all that you would have thought these mega clubs would have stumped up the odd million or so it would have took to buy him rather than resort to getting him to play up and reduce the fee to nowt.

you what? because we want the club to hang onto it's best players for f***s sake

I think we should hang on to Barton too, in an ideal world he and the board would have come to an agreement that suited both, that didnt happen, Barton has not handled himself well IMO. People seem to think he's been treated badly, yet nobody has come out in defence of Smith, surely if Barton is being treated badly then so is Smith.

The crux of a lot of peoples arguments in this thread is that the club have acted badly towards Barton, I'm guilty of that too as the club could have acted way better than they have but like many others I've been willing to forget the fact that Smith has been treated in the same way, all because he's been shit for us.

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

So we ignore Barton's behaviour the past couple of months?

At the moment it looks like no one else wants to pay him what he's worth either unless they get him on a free. If he's all that you would have thought these mega clubs would have stumped up the odd million or so it would have took to buy him rather than resort to getting him to play up and reduce the fee to nowt.

Tron, why do you always need your mind made up for you on a player depending on which club they sign for?

I can make up my own mind and Barton wide right is absolute quality.

By your logic, all our players are automatically shit by virtue of playing for us.

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

You seem to be ignoring the form of the 2 players for the last 12 months, so yeah why not.

first of all players have a different worth to each club, we need him more than arsenal do for example, so no-one bidding for him doesnt necessarily mean he's not 'all that'. i dont know about you but i dont need arsene wenger or harry redknapp to tell me he was a very important player for us last season. we'll soon see who is or isnt interested in him anyway.

we could have paid him what he's worth without paying a fee for him either you know.

as it stands it's another high earner off the books without a passing thought for how it will affect the team.

Well said.

It's basically the toxic combination of greedy and idiotic players and Mashley the crazy horse.

I'd say it's 100% down to our owners not rewarding our best players with new contracts that they deserve and not spending money that they promised they would.

If they cared about the club instead of doing everything the cheapest way possible without giving a shit, we'd have a good squad of happy players.

you what? because we want the club to hang onto it's best players for f***s sake

I think we should hang on to Barton too, in an ideal world he and the board would have come to an agreement that suited both, that didnt happen, Barton has not handled himself well IMO. People seem to think he's been treated badly, yet nobody has come out in defence of Smith, surely if Barton is being treated badly then so is Smith.

The crux of a lot of peoples arguments in this thread is that the club have acted badly towards Barton, I'm guilty of that too as the club could have acted way better than they have but like many others I've been willing to forget the fact that Smith has been treated in the same way, all because he's been shit for us.

i couldnt give a flying fuck about joey barton or his emo smiths twitter posts. i care about nufc acquiring and keeping hold of good players rather than cheap ones above all else.

Smith's been treated exactly as he should have been, as a shit past it footballer who's not worth anything. Barton's been treated the same way, why?

The players obviously like him/rate him, and he's had a terrific season being one of our best players. He rightfully (content wise, not manner wise) criticizes the board and owner, and some fuckers wants to flog him off for nowt. It's really fucking pathetic. Makes no sense - at all.