Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

and you can confirm Joey's version right?

No but Danny Simpson seems to think he's not a problem and other younger players seem to be taking his side in this.  The only ones going against Barton is the press who will be getting information from the club which is one sided.

Guest elbee909

I don't see where the dignity is when you're putting a cigar into someone's eye.  Oh, that's the past, that's okay.

The club had a history of feeding the local journo's lies or exaggeration to deflate a situation.

Looking forward to hearing Barton's side to the story when he leaves. Right now he is just avoiding being fined.

No question we will start this season weaker than we ended the last. Missing Nolan, Barton, and soon to be Enrique. Three of last season's key performers are missing, four if you include Carroll and the new players who have come in have major question marks over their injury histories. Given how we ended last season, that's very worrying. Not to mention we fought hard for many points last season based on a strong team spirit.

Just days ago Pardew was talking about welcoming Barton back into the team and the contribution he makes. It's more clear than ever that, just like the managers before him, Pardew has no idea what's going on over his head.

Until Mike Ashley is gone, we will go from one fiasco to another. People are saying this is the last straw for Barton but really this should be the last straw for Mike Ashley. A lot of other clubs wouldn't tolerate what has gone on at Newcastle over the past 4 years, you only have to look at what Man Utd and Liverpool did and they went through nothing close to what's happened here. Only mass boycotts will move Ashley - he'll drop his asking price and get out.

People say it does more harm than good, but from where I'm standing, relegation is a distinct possibility anyway. I hope I'm wrong but I look at the current squad, take out Barton and Enrique and I don't see it handling more than a few injuries. I see injury prone players in key positions, a lack of proven quality and we're missing the most influential players from last season who were instrumental in keeping us up. I don't have much faith at all that they'll be adequately replaced and I fail to see how Pardew can maintain the respect of the dressing room when he clearly has no idea what's going on and has been publicly undermined like this.

Agree with every word.

No but Danny Simpson seems to think he's not a problem and other younger players seem to be taking his side in this.  The only ones going against Barton is the press who will be getting information from the club which is one sided.

Yep, this is where I get the impression that he is "respected" within the squad.

Guest johnson293
Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I wont be commenting on situation at Newcastle again, as I feel it helps nobody and serves no purpose. Hope u all understand

1 Aug

He's really stuck to that, hasn't he??

Guest bimpy474

If the club want to put out all these false statements via the Chronicle, then let them do that. Everyone here knows, I speak the truth....

I also have too much respect for my teammates and the fans, to get in a tit for tat war with them. I have too much self-worth and dignity

Hmmm......

Well, guess it confirms that the local press are indeed pretty much controlled by Ashley and his crony.

Why ? because Joey says..

He's tweeted the stuff I'm chron is lies.

No, it's all true, Tron has had it confirmed.

Clearly holding a grudge. A lot of your posts can easily be argued with the tiniest sense of reasoning ability, you dont even bother.

Again...why would I have a grudge? Humour me, I really don't understand why I would be biased, it's not like he's slagging me personally or I'm on Ashley's payroll.

No question we will start this season weaker than we ended the last. Missing Nolan, Barton, and soon to be Enrique. Three of last season's key performers are missing, four if you include Carroll and the new players who have come in have major question marks over their fitness records. Given how we ended last season, that's very worrying. Not to mention we fought hard for many points last season based on a strong team spirit.

Just days ago Pardew was talking about welcoming Barton back into the team and the contribution he makes. It's more clear than ever that, just like the managers before him, Pardew has no idea what's going on over his head.

Until Mike Ashley is gone, we will go from one fiasco to another. People are saying this is the last straw for Barton but really this should be the last straw for Mike Ashley. A lot of other clubs wouldn't tolerate what has gone on at Newcastle over the past 4 years, you only have to look at what Man Utd and Liverpool did and they went through nothing close to what's happened here. Only mass boycotts will move Ashley - he'll drop his asking price and get out.

People say it does more harm than good, but from where I'm standing, relegation is a distinct possibility anyway. I hope I'm wrong but I look at the current squad, take out Barton and Enrique and I don't see it handling more than a few injuries. I see injury prone players in key positions, a lack of proven quality and we're missing the most influential players from last season who were instrumental in keeping us up. I don't have much faith at all that they'll be adequately replaced and I fail to see how Pardew can maintain the respect of the dressing room when he clearly has no idea what's going on and has been publicly undermined like this.

Great post, sums up my feelings perfectly.

Made to train by himself ffs :lol:

How old is Ashley? 6? "We don't like you anymore. Go over there and play by yourself"

If he's having rows with his team mates and ranting at new signings what would you suggest? He's openly talking about bad feeling in the camp so why would you want him to ramp it up? It's our club who will suffer not Spurs o0r Everton, whose shirt he'll probably be donning next season.

That confirmed like?

Because I've seen more evidence to suggest it isn't as bad as the Ashley's local journalists are painting it out to be.

Why don't you confirm your evidence that the local journalists are in Ashley's pocket? If you also want to play legal eagle then let's do it both ways.

I haven't got any, but that's not what I'm disputing. I'm disputing the claim that Barton was a 'disruptive influence'

Well the suggestion that he was a disruptive influence was in the local press and as you don't have any evidence that they are in Ashley's pocket then why should we assume that it's untrue?

Because of the evidence to suggest otherwise, which is what I actually said :lol:

Player tweets, comments from Beardsley and Pardew about his behaviour etc. etc.

He's tweeted the stuff I'm chron is lies.

No, it's all true, Tron has had it confirmed.

Clearly holding a grudge. A lot of your posts can easily be argued with the tiniest sense of reasoning ability, you dont even bother.

Again...why would I have a grudge? Humour me, I really don't understand why I would be biased, it's not like he's slagging me personally or I'm on Ashley's payroll.

Or are you?

???

If the club want to put out all these false statements via the Chronicle, then let them do that. Everyone here knows, I speak the truth....

I also have too much respect for my teammates and the fans, to get in a tit for tat war with them. I have too much self-worth and dignity

Hmmm......

Well, guess it confirms that the local press are indeed pretty much controlled by Ashley and his crony.

Why ? because Joey says..

Well someone said above that the club has had a history of feeding one-sided stories to the local press so that the blame isn't shifted onto the board.....

Don't forget about Pardew's comments about Barton's attitude being 'impeccable' or whatever it was.

Guest TheSummerOf69

How on earth can you believe Ashley has any decent PR or press relations going on? Everyone hates him FFS.

not everyone

...the Mackems love him.

As for Barton - if they'd had him on a new contract (with strict "behave yourself" incentives and a "club talk on Twitter" ban) they could have kept all this sh*t away (or at least in-house) and we wouldn't have lost another of our best players.

It's a good job they didn't give Carroll away on a free when he bust his teamate's nose.

not exactly helping himself imho with his consistent twitter comments, a dignified silence until he's in a position to actually give his side of the story would work better for him

I dunno like, I'd like to tell the world about their lies if I was being slagged off in the local press.

Leon Best said the stuff about a poor spirit in the camp was rubbish. What about the new players who have all been bright as sunshine in their interviews? What makes you think your version is the truth and the papers are lying?

How on earth can you believe Ashley has any decent PR or press relations going on? Everyone hates him FFS.

not everyone

...the Mackems love him.

As for Barton - if they'd had him on a new contract (with strict "behave yourself" incentives and a "club talk on Twitter" ban) they could have kept all this sh*t away (or at least in-house) and we wouldn't have lost another of our best players.

It's a good job they didn't give Carroll away on a free when he bust his teamate's nose.

As if would have made a difference with Carroll.

I don't need nicer white lines on the training ground tbh.

not exactly helping himself imho with his consistent twitter comments, a dignified silence until he's in a position to actually give his side of the story would work better for him

I dunno like, I'd like to tell the world about their lies if I was being slagged off in the local press.

then as was said before in this thread sue for libel