Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

You only have to see the tweets about Cabaye to realise that Barton didn't respect certain players.

Becoming clear he doesn't respect anyone really, especially authority, bosses etc, he's the bloke you know who has been sacked countless times after arguments with his bosses but its never his fault.

Strange that he didn't seem to have a problem with his bosses before now, though.

Eh, every boss he has had would differ, while being placated he is fine, when not s*** hits the fan.

I do believe he has been disruptive in the last few months, my own opinion obviously, but as the Man.City fan who delivers my work to me said, he will eventually poison the water where he is, as he knows no other way to react when he thinks he has been wronged, as he put it,  as night follows day, Joey will always spoil things for himself, not that the club have helped like.

Just so I get this, you think even fining him is wrong?

I think people need to look at the reasons for his behaviour.

His reaction may be far more palatable if you consider what/who he's been telling with since Jan.

Yeah, I understand that, I just think there has to be discipline at football clubs and this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable.

FWIW I also think the club has overreacted a bit, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact he was leaving at the end of the season anyway so they don't see any point in persevering with him.

You only have to see the tweets about Cabaye to realise that Barton didn't respect certain players.

Quote them.

Only one I can remember was this:

http://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton/status/74952664407998464

Cabaye = happy days.........keep spending. Teams win trophies not individuals tweeps

It was right after him saying we wanted to do everything on the cheap IIRC.

You can spin that tweet to either extreme really. ie. Respect/disrespect to Cabaye.

Guest johnson293

Quote them.

Cabaye = happy days.........keep spending. Teams win trophies not individuals tweeps

Then of course there was the one subsequent to those about the club not being prepared to bring quality players in, which could be read as him saying those brought in already (Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba), fell into this category (not quality).

Woah, woah. We don't want to do that. Just ignore them and focus on the outcomes man.

Don't think anyone is ignoring the reasons TBH, some people just think that the reasons don't justify the public outbursts.

His reaction may be far more palatable if you consider what/who he's been telling with since Jan.

Yeah, I understand that, I just think there has to be discipline at football clubs and this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable.

FWIW I also think the club has overreacted a bit, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact he was leaving at the end of the season anyway so they don't see any point in persevering with him.

I point to the Managers role in this again.

Any arbitration panel/judge who considers his actions won't be from the viewpoint of the common fan.  All Ashley & Co will have to argue is that his actions are potentially damaging to the club/club's reputation/owner's reputation/whatever-other-clause.  I fail to see how any arbitration panel not made up entirely from members of N-O would side with Barton.

Woah, woah. We don't want to do that. Just ignore them and focus on the outcomes man.

Don't think anyone is ignoring the reasons TBH, some people just think that the reasons don't justify the public outbursts.

i think they justify a lot more than that tbh

What did his tweets about Cabaye say exactly?

Its wasn't very welcoming from what i remember but it was just after his tantrum about Nobby leaving.

It was along the line of what most should have in mind. "An unproven midfielder in, a proven player and captain out". Nothing to go on about, at all.

Can't recollect him ever saying anything like that, and couldn't find it. He was obviously raging about Nolan going - 'Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer & mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext' but not anything linking Nolan and Cabaye. May well be wrong however.

Guest bimpy474

What did his tweets about Cabaye say exactly?

Its wasn't very welcoming from what i remember but it was just after his tantrum about Nobby leaving.

Wasn't it something like

"team that brings success, not players alone" ?

Thats it ;), i thought it was more a dig about Nolan leaving to be honest, capt and team player that Nolan was, hardly welcoming to Cabaye though is it.

Any arbitration panel/judge who considers his actions won't be from the viewpoint of the common fan.  All Ashley & Co will have to argue is that his actions are potentially damaging to the club/club's reputation/owner's reputation/whatever-other-clause.  I fail to see how any arbitration panel not made up entirely from members of N-O would side with Barton.

Who said anything about any panels?

It's not going to get to that now is it?

The club will get their way - big £ off the wage bill, one less person around with an opinion and the PR risk minimised.

JB will get along just fine, hopefully spilling the beans on the way to enlighten those fans with the wool over their eyes on the behaviour of the board.

The fans will lose out, because that's the way it's always been under the current owner.

Guest Antec

Becoming clear he doesn't respect anyone really, especially authority, bosses etc, he's the bloke you know who has been sacked countless times after arguments with his bosses but its never his fault.

Strange that he didn't seem to have a problem with his bosses before now, though.

Eh, every boss he ha had would differ, while being placated he is fine, when not s*** hits the fan.

I do believe he has been disruptive in the last few months, my own opinion obviously, but as the Man.City fan who delivers my work to me said, he will eventually poison the water where he is, as he knows no other way to react when he thinks he has been wronged, as he put it,  as night follows day, Joey will always spoil things for himself, not that the club have helped like.

Makes you wonder why Pardew and Beardsley were praising him recently doesn't it? Complete mystery

If he appeals his fine it has to go to someone for decision? What in the world are you carrying on about?

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Ha ha the inevitable, 2 weeks wages fine has just arrived. Needless to say it shall be appealed forthwith. #kickingamanwhilsthesdownha

1 minute ago

Appeal?  :lol:

What a fuking moron, he really does think he's done nowt wrong.

The club should back date several fines over his comments on twitter as well.

Guest johnson293

Exactly. If anyone has grievances with their employers, there are means and ways to air them, without doing it publicly, via twitter or whatever.

Though it may be that Barton has already tried this route (alleged dressing room bust-ups and rants) without success.

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Ha ha the inevitable, 2 weeks wages fine has just arrived. Needless to say it shall be appealed forthwith. #kickingamanwhilsthesdownha

1 minute ago

Appeal?  :lol:

What a fuking moron, he really does think he's done nowt wrong.

The club should back date several fines over his comments on twitter as well.

The lad clearly has a narcissistic personality disorder

Aye. It's not like he was kicked out of City or squared up to Shearer in the dressing room is it?

If he appeals his fine it has to go to someone for decision? What in the world are you carrying on about?

It won't go to a panel man.

He'll be off within the next week and we'll waive the fine to get rid of him.

Quote them.

Then of course there was the one subsequent to those about the club not being prepared to bring quality players in, which could be read as him saying those brought in already (Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba), fell into this category (not quality).

He said:

I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?

and

.......slight problem is, they dont want to spend any money or pay any wages. Its genius really ha ha

on 29th May. We signed Cabaye on 10th June, Ba on 17th June and Marveaux on 18th June.

Aye. It's not like he was kicked out of City or squared up to Shearer in the dressing room is it?

Man City was between him and another player, hardly his boss.

Against Shearer, well, that was after a match in that he got sent off, probably knew we would get relegated, and was very much pissed off. Hardly something what couldn't have happend to anyone.