Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest WashyGeordie

What will it take for certain posters to realise how precarious a position the football club are in - two heavy defeats to Arsenal and Sunderland? End of the transfer window with Enrique, Barton and Tiote gone with no replacements or any sign of that elusive striker? Derek Llambias bumming Lady Mae on the pitch at St James' at half-time?

:rolleyes:

I think some should keep in mind that had we won 3 extra points last season, we'd have made 3million more due to league position.

So unless you really think not having players like Nolan/Barton/Nzog will have any negative effect on our league position first team or otherwise, it doesnt make much sense financially to not keep (or go for in nzogs case) one of them.

What will it take for certain posters to realise how precarious a position the football club are in - two heavy defeats to Arsenal and Sunderland? End of the transfer window with Enrique, Barton and Tiote gone with no replacements or any sign of that elusive striker? Derek Llambias bumming Lady Mae on the pitch at St James' at half-time?

Roll your eyes all you like, you can't make any comment on the likelihood of it whatsoever.

Guest WashyGeordie

Roll your eyes all you like, you can't make any comment on the likelihood of it whatsoever.

Neither can anyone then...

But they do.

Erm yeah. :lol:

But they do.

People are speculating and worrying for good reason.

Oh ffs...  :facepalm:

NUFC fans unite over Joey Barton transfer

by Robert Weatherall, Evening Chronicle

Aug 3 2011

TOON fans have come together to express their anger at the transfer listing of star midfielder Joey Barton.

The controversial star was effectively told to find a new club after posting a number of critical remarks about the club’s hierarchy on social networking site Twitter.

But supporters’ groups, angry at the loss of one of the Toon’s players of last season, are hoping the latest blow to hit the club will bring together fans from different groups to create one voice.

Life-long Toon supporter Steve Wraith is one of those hoping to establish a body which will act as an umbrella group for all the differing supporters’ clubs and organisations which have one thing in common – their passion for Newcastle United.

Steve, along with a handful of other prominent supporters, has set up a group called NUFCfansunited.com to speak for the different groups.

He said: “We have been working on this idea for about 12 months now, but the situation with Barton has prompted us to act now.

“Following the game against Arsenal, we want to hold an open meeting in which representatives from any of the fans groups out there can come along and talk about what they would like to see from the club and the board.

“It could just be a get-together where we chew the fat, or it could be the start of something where the club starts to communicate with the fans and we open up a dialogue with them.

“We won’t know until we try.”

Steve admits the likelihood of club bosses engaging with fans representatives and acting on their opinion is remote, but he hopes that by setting up the group now it will set the fans in good stead for future generations.

He said: “We will compile a list of all the points the different fans groups make and send them off to the board.

“We’d love it if we were to be invited along to sit down with Derek Llambias and discuss the concerns everyone has about where the club is heading.

“But we know that’s unlikely. What could come from this is that if the club eventually changes hands we will have a body set up which could hopefully act as a point of contact between the fans and a new owner which would hopefully be more open to dialogue.”

Steve admits that there are a large number of fanzines and supporters groups out there which all share different opinions, and he hopes that representatives from each group will work together for the common good.

He said: “We want people to leave their egos when they come to this meeting.

“The name of the group says what we are trying to achieve.

“We want all the differing supporters groups to be united.

“There have been protests and marches on the ground in the past and they grab headlines but don’t achieve anything.

“We’re hoping for something a bit more constructive.”

Details of the meeting will be posted on www.nufcfansunited.com.

Barton last night returned to Twitter to say that the club had fined him two weeks’ wages over the affair.

He said that he would be appealing against the punishment.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/08/03/nufc-fans-unite-over-joey-barton-transfer-72703-29169261/#ixzz1Txyb2M60

Guest WashyGeordie

Erm yeah. :lol:

But they do.

People are speculating and worrying for good reason.

Enrique was always speculated to be off though.

And since the start of the window when it came out that Newcastle wouldn't offer Barton a new contract, you could say the same.

So i just don't see how Tiote is now 'gone' because Barton's been put on the transfer list.

Stopped reading when i got to "Life-long Toon supporter Steve Wraith"

Him calling Barton "kidda" on twitter was bad enough, its at the point now where Barton cannot even sit down for fear of snapping Wraith in half.

Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid and Vuckic have a grand total of 0 Premier League appearances between them.

If you haven't played in the premier league before you can't possibly be a good player.

Aye, that Messi gadgy is shite isn't he.

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any lasting impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless cunt.

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless cunt.

It's my honest opinion that this sort of action will just antagonise Ashley and make him even more determined to run the business on a purely profit basis. Nothing to be gained at this point by getting antsy.

Guest Roger Kint

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any lasting impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless c***.

True. They even drew U4N in with that whole petition episode before effectively laughing in their faces by subsequently stopping anyone get seats in L4 as well as L7. They simply couldnt give a shit what fans do as long as cash comes in.

It's my honest opinion that this sort of action will just antagonise Ashley and make him even more determined to run the business on a purely profit basis. Nothing to be gained at this point by getting antsy.

Your honest opinion is flawed, he's running the business on a purely profit basis now and that has been his aim for at least as long as Llambias has been here.

Guest hobshobs

Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid and Vuckic have a grand total of 0 Premier League appearances between them.

Well they've got to start somewhere right?

DUH!!!

:doh:

Indeed. But our side needs leaders/experience.

Aye but a leader that doesn't waddle around the park overweight and lacking pace, watching the game pass him by. Nae luck West Ham, you've got 5 years of that to enjoy. Sorry, 3 to 4 years, then it'll be off to to some 1st Divison club that 'll pay daft money when he doesn't get the 5 year contract extension he feels is justified even though his current deal still has year to run

If all the groups did get together as one rather than needing any sort of paid membership or nonsense like that then one day we might actually get a say on the board. Also means the likes of Steve wouldn't have to be the so called mouth piece of the fans.

Guest Haris Vuckic

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any lasting impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless c***.

If we didn't protest the Hull game we may have had a chance of a decent manager - nobody looks at that after the departure of someone like Keegan and thinks ''looks canny that''.

If we didn't protest the Hull game we may have had a chance of a decent manager - nobody looks at that after the departure of someone like Keegan and thinks ''looks canny that''.

The message that day was 'Ashley out', not 'good manager in'. He's still here, fucking things up.

NUST has been a failure which has left many to say whats the point the point there is nothing we can do. Had they kept momentum going and simply set up a fund like the Man u and Liverpool fans have in the past to collect funds but return them if a deal didn't go ahead then things might have been different