Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Off the top of my head, he was hit and miss in the centre earlier in the season, sublime to ridiculous really.  Had a stinker against Villa after his "I'm the best English midfielder" comments.  Was captain as well and tried to do everything on his own.  Was class against Chelsea and WBA I thought, didn't have Tiote helping either, Raylor one game and Guthrie the other  :lol:

He has certainly been more effective playing wide right, but IMO he hasn't become a shit centre midfielder overnight.  Do Stoke actually use their centre midfield though, thought it was usually an aerial bypass of that area.

Back to the Arsenal game, I hope we play 4-2-3-1, not sure if Barton would fit in a 3 behind Ba, maybe Obertan will start with Jonas and Marveaux.  Would like to see Joey in the starting XI though.

Guest cr4igora

I thought Ben Arfa was more of a wide player? And isnt' Barton better in the middle than on the right were we've been playing him?

Take it you don't watch us play football.

Generally a couple of away games a season and all the televised matches. A bit of an arm-chair fan unfortunately, but it doesn't mean I love them any less than anyone here!

So this was my idea of where our midfielders played. Please correct me where I'm wrong:

Yohan Cabaye - central/attacking midfielder

Joey Barton - central/right wing

Danny Guthrie - central

Dan Gosling - central/attacking midfielder

Alan Smith- central/forward

Jonas Gutierrez - left wing (left back on unfortunate occassions)

Cheik Tiote - central/defensive midfielder

Haris Vuckic - attacking midfielder/forward

Shane Ferguson- left back/left wing

Hatem Ben Arfa - left wing/attacking midfielder

Sylvain Marveaux - central/attacking midfielder

Gabriel Obertan - right wing

Bradden Inman - central

Mehdi Abeid - central/attacking midfielder

Marveux - Left wing/attacking midfielder

Alan Smith -

Gutierrez - Left & right wing

Ben Arfa - Attacking midfielder/left wing

Obertan - Right wing/right forward

Other then that I agree with the rest. This is only my perception btw, before anyone feel the need to slag me off.

Obertan definitely plays on the left

He has the genuine pace to beat a FB without needing to cut inside. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the RW or at least the right side of a front 3.

DalaiLama Dalai Lama

by Joey7Barton

You must not consider tolerance and patience to be signs of weakness. I consider them signs of strength.

Contradicting youself are ya, Joey? :troll:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

QOTD : If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

DalaiLama Dalai Lama

by Joey7Barton

You must not consider tolerance and patience to be signs of weakness. I consider them signs of strength.

Contradicting youself are ya, Joey? :troll:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

QOTD : If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

I quite enjoy reading his tweets, but it is becoming more and more apparent, that he's a bit of a plum and tries too hard.  All his 'not all footballers are stupid #ridiculouslylonghashtagfornoreason comments are getting a bit boring.  Still love the man though  :snod:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc "I'm still optimistic that Joey could play against Arsenal, he must be in frame of mind though"

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Just need to convince him the club's looking good and is definitely not an utter shambles. Job done  :thup:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc "I'm still optimistic that Joey could play against Arsenal, he must be in frame of mind though"

Just need to convince him the club's looking good and is definitely not an utter shambles. Job done  :thup:

If that's what it will take to get a performance I would leave him at home and play someone who hasn't got a pet lip on. Every chance we could get something from this game if players who want to play are involved.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

If that's what it will take to get a performance I would leave him at home and play someone who hasn't got a pet lip on. Every chance we could get something from this game if players who want to play are involved.

Years since I heard anyone use that expression. Brilliant!

Guest bimpy474

"Whilst many head like lemmings toward the cliff edge........."

Sounds rather ominous. :undecided:

Look at it the other way, he isn't a lemming and will not jump like the others, he's staying :)

Lemmings dont jump of cliffs at all anyhow, urban myth thingy.

Weirdly, just a few minutes ago I read an article claiming that the thing about mass lemming suicides is a myth.

To perpetuate said myth Walt Disney personally threw handfuls of them over a cliff and clapped with glee as they tumbled to their watery death.

Its true (well, sort of), watch 'White Wilderness'.

Guest bimpy474

Weirdly, just a few minutes ago I read an article claiming that the thing about mass lemming suicides is a myth.

Walt Disney personally threw handfuls of them of the cliff and clapped with glee as they tumbled to their watery death to perpetuate said myth.

Its true (well, sort of), watch 'White Wilderness'.

I think it was driving a land rover at them, either way its mental.