Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I bet u Kelvin Henry feels like an idiot again today. He should just keep his trap firmly shut. #sundayleagueplayer

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:lol: :lol:

Haha, that's class.

Looked like he played a blinder today like.

In all honesty Taraabt and SWP have made the biggest difference to QPR. Movement, skill and great end product on the flanks has made the job of the players in the centre so much easier. Watching QPR at their pitiful stadium with their shite support, it just seems pretty obvious that he went there for money reasons only. If we were going to spend daft money on a player, I'd rather it was Taraabt from what I've seen so far. Looks real quality.

Joey Barton: “Obviously I conformed to the footballer thing before, ­otherwise I wouldn’t have bought a £100,000 car. But you change as you get older. I’m 29. I’m not a young footballer any more. You grow up and see things in a very different way. I thought it was so wrong that I had a collection of ­designer watches worth hundreds of thousands. People are struggling to put food on the table and there I am with flash watches and cars. I told my PA to get rid of them. I can get a Casio watch for £6 which does the same job. I am about to sell my Aston Martin to buy a Prius. I am sick of paying the Government all that tax on petrol. It costs me £100 to fill my car and that only lasts me a few days. A lot of that money is going to the Government. On top of that there is a higher tax charge and ­because I am a footballer my car ­insurance is ­ridiculous. I am also getting a moped. It is so much quicker to get around London because the traffic is so bad.”

Joey Barton the Philosopher

People are struggling to put food on the table and there I am with flash watches and cars. I told my PA to get rid of them.

Irony much?

Joey Barton: “Obviously I conformed to the footballer thing before, ­otherwise I wouldn’t have bought a £100,000 car. But you change as you get older. I’m 29. I’m not a young footballer any more. You grow up and see things in a very different way. I thought it was so wrong that I had a collection of ­designer watches worth hundreds of thousands. People are struggling to put food on the table and there I am with flash watches and cars. I told my PA to get rid of them. I can get a Casio watch for £6 which does the same job. I am about to sell my Aston Martin to buy a Prius. I am sick of paying the Government all that tax on petrol. It costs me £100 to fill my car and that only lasts me a few days. A lot of that money is going to the Government. On top of that there is a higher tax charge and ­because I am a footballer my car ­insurance is ­ridiculous. I am also getting a moped. It is so much quicker to get around London because the traffic is so bad.”

What a joke. A man on £40K to £60K a week moaning about tax on petrol. If he said he was selling the Aston Martin and getting a Prius for 'green' reasons it would be fair enough but it's because he doesn't want to pay the fuel duty! Reminds me of a comment from Steven Gerrard's idiot wife saying she's cutting back on her spending because of the recession. We need the people who have loads of disposable cash to keep spending. Their purchases and tax payments help keep the rest of us going.

The tax thing and all that about the government is stupid, really. He has a lot of (young) people who are looking up to him and it surely isn't the right way to go and to say that.

Also, to change an English car to a fucking Toyota. I see his point but imo it's not right to do that either. He's clearly got the money to drive a car like that and he should drive an English car then. You should support your domestic companies rather than some companies from abroad.

Also, I'd be surprised if he was allowed to get a moped. Footballers aren't usually allowed to ride motorbikes, go skiing or any other 'higher risk' activities.

Yet they are allowed to go out on the drink? Interesting.

Carlo Cudicini's motorbike crash in 2009: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/6556479/Tottenham-goalkeeper-Carlo-Cudicinis-career-thrown-into-doubt-after-motorbike-crash.html

The issue of whether he should have been riding a motorbike is one the club are not yet prepared to discuss. There is a standard clause written into the contract of every player in the Premier League and Football League that warns against footballers being involved in any activity that could affect their ability to train or play.

The tax thing and all that about the government is stupid, really. He has a lot of (young) people who are looking up to him and it surely isn't the right way to go and to say that.

Also, to change an English car to a f***ing Toyota. I see his point but imo it's not right to do that either. He's clearly got the money to drive a car like that and he should drive an English car then. You should support your domestic companies rather than some companies from abroad.

isn't Aston Martin now owned by Ford and some Arabs ?

Also, to change an English car to a f***ing Toyota. I see his point but imo it's not right to do that either. He's clearly got the money to drive a car like that and he should drive an English car then. You should support your domestic companies rather than some companies from abroad.

isn't Aston Martin now owned by Ford and some Arabs ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin

On 12 March 2007 a consortium led by Prodrive chairman David Richards purchased Aston Martin for GB£475m/US$848m. Prodrive had no financial involvement in the deal. Ford will keep a stake in the company (valued at GB£40 million / US$70 million). The consortium also consisted of John Sinders, an Aston Martin collector; and two Kuwaiti investment companies, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone watching goals on sunday? He's talking sense as usual.

Aye, talking sense, but its all heavily loaded towards himself.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I caught myself defending his actions against Wolves this morning, and then suddenly realised there was no need to. Still think he'll get far too much stick, but at least I don't have to waste my time defending him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Skirting around Newcastle issue, though seems to suggest that Derek Llambias is an idiot who believes he's a football genius.