Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Interview with him on an Australian Football Show last night.. talking about how he has given up on ever playing for England, saying that he now understands his ego and as much as he would like to believe it, he is not the player to make a difference between England winning the tournamen and not winning. He also made strange comments regards to discussions between him and Viduka with regards to laws legalising recreational drugs.

Quite an honest admission from Barton there. A change from his massive ego I suppose.

tbh England could do a lot worse than Barton on the right wing.

Interview with him on an Australian Football Show last night.. talking about how he has given up on ever playing for England, saying that he now understands his ego and as much as he would like to believe it, he is not the player to make a difference between England winning the tournamen and not winning. He also made strange comments regards to discussions between him and Viduka with regards to laws legalising recreational drugs.

Quite an honest admission from Barton there. A change from his massive ego I suppose.

Not really.

Not really.

You mad? Have you seen their options on the right? :lol: No obvious first choice there, should try out a few different players there (not saying Barton should be first choice per se, but blatantly deserves to be tested) in a few friendlies if Capello was actually bothered about getting the right players instead of the right names.

Last season, yes. Not this season though.

Not really.

You mad? Have you seen their options on the right? :lol: No obvious first choice there, should try out a few different players there (not saying Barton should be first choice per se, but blatantly deserves to be tested) in a few friendlies if Capello was actually bothered about getting the right players instead of the right names.

Lennon, Walcott and Johnson are three players i would easily pick before Barton. Then you got players like Downing, Young and Agbonlahor that also can play on the right and i would probably pick all these players before Barton.

Not really.

Lennon, Walcott and Johnson are three players i would easily pick before Barton. Then you got players like Downing, Young and Agbonlahor that also can play on the right and i would probably pick all these players before Barton.

Lennon, Downing and Walcott consistently preform shit for England and imo stay in based on name rather than actual performances. They're the reason I'm even saying England would do well with testing out something new. They're better players than Barton for their club teams, no doubt, but they just don't seem to click for England. Then again most English players don't click for England. It's a bit odd, really. :lol:

Johnson I'd pick before Barton. Young also. I don't see why you bother mentioning Agbonlahor.

:undecided:

As much as I like the bloke, don't think he's really England material now. Last season aye when he was on form but this season, from what I gather Barton's form has been indifferent.

Footballer Joey Barton was at the centre of controversy today over comments he made on Twitter about the death of Gary Speed, describing suicide as a 'selfish' act.

Despite an outcry from other users on the social networking site, the QPR captain has refused to apologise for his 'insensitive' comments.

Welsh football legend Gary Speed was tragically found hanged at his home on Sunday morning in what is thought to have been suicide.

Like countless others, Barton took to Twitter to speak of his shock at Speed's death and to pay tribute to him.

He posted: 'Just hearing about Gary Speed, to say am shocked is an understatement.

'My thoughts are with his family and friends. Really sad news.'

However, his tributes were then swiftly followed - with astonishingly tactless timing - by his views on suicide.

The outspoken footballer added: 'Suicide is a mix of the most tragic, most selfish, most terrible (and I want to believe preventable) acts out there.'

As Twitter users bombarded Barton in an online backlash, the star - unrepentant - branded his critics as having 'half a brain' instead of apologising for his offensive comments.

He added: 'Feedback on here, small minority as usual strongly disagree with what I said. If they read carefully or had half a brain, they'd understand.'

Guest Haris Vuckic

I wish he would just shut up! What a prick the lad is.

Always taking the moral highground  despite being a convicted criminal.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think too much was made of it but that was always going to be the case when he's tweeted it a few hours after the news broke.

He was. What did his family and friends do to deserve the pain he's put them through? (if he did take his own life)

How can anyone call him selfish when not one person knows what was going on in his head? Including his closest mates

am actually sick of people saying this 'selfish' shit now...argued with a few people about it

He was. What did his family and friends do to deserve the pain he's put them through? (if he did take his own life)

Nothing, but that's not the point. Getting to a point mentally where you can see no other way out could never be described as selfish. Thinking logically, of course you would never want to hurt your loved ones like that, but logic doesn't apply.

This is assuming their was a depression related reason, which we don't know yet.