Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye, apart from overlooking the tiny detail about QPR starting to show themselves to be a club with bold ambitions, and the likelihood they will soon overtake us in those stakes the way things are going...

Do you really believe that GM? Aye we've sold quality but we've also bought quality.

Wait and see, mate. Wait and see.

Right now, I'm unconvinced. Seriously underwhelmed by a lot of what I saw today.

I was actually trying to convey a broader reflection that from what I've seen so far this season we've had three quite decent results, without actually showing much sign of improving the quality of the football we play or the signings that we make. I don't think the squad we have got is anything more than mediocre overall. We're not showing any signs of ambition, unless treading water is "the new ambition" of the day.

Well?

Despite being injured for the majority of his first 3 seasons here there isn't any doubt that he was one of our best players last year, on the one hand I was sad to see him leave in the summer because of his form but also I didn't want to make too many changes of what I considered key players in the changing room, the thing with Barton that really turned me against him was his complete lack of class with all of his tweets about the club that was again putting us in the spotlight for all of the wrong reasons.

Lets not forget it was his choice to leave and Pardew made it clear that he would have preferred him to stay, I don't doubt that he would have been given the shirt to lose either rather than being dropped for Obertan or Marveaux so I don't have any sympathy for him if QPR struggle this season.

Looking back I see him as an important cog at the time with how we built the team around Carroll but he's not someone I will have much sympathy for if his career is all downhill from here.

I still very much like him as a player and think he would be a very, very good option however someone made the point recently that Obertan despite not being as good (yet) is a lot more suited to the style we want to play and to be honest it's hard to disagree.

Linked with PSG ive been told this morning!

There was a throw away comment made on Canal Plus where he said there was a European tie where he wanted PSG to beat Liverpool.

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2011/11/07/001707_barton-apprecie-le-psg.html

"When I was little I supported Everton, and each time I wanted PSG to beat Liverpool in the European Cup." As to whether he might one day wear the shirt of the club from the capital, nothing is certain, "I have a lot of work to do here, but you never know", he said smiling.

Can't help but have a little tinge of snide happiness about how this whole thing panned out.  Joey acted like a twat on twitter, said we didn't make good signings, got the move he seemed to want, talked more shit, then we end up 3rd place and he's down at the bottom.  You couldn't write a better story.

I know it's childish, but I can't help it.

Yes! He's a COD fan as well! :lol:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

As pointed out by numerous ppl, stealing care packages is fun but by god its annoying when it happens to u. I leave others properties alone!

Great time to get MW3, cold winter nights, nothing beats ruining someones 9 kill streak.....I find tremendous delight in such jovial moments

:spit:

Joseph Barton

Right thats it, am going to the Modern Warfare 3 launch tonight and am off paintballing tomo, going to abuse @greypeacock with paint bullets

Joseph Barton

Really feels like winter when you get home from training and its dark.........roll on chrimbo and MW3

Guest michaelfoster

Yes! He's a COD fan as well! :lol:

As pointed out by numerous ppl, stealing care packages is fun but by god its annoying when it happens to u. I leave others properties alone!

He's scouse, he will be used to stealing things from people