Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't get this bit:

"Newcastle, as a playing squad, were the only club in Premier League history not to sign a bonus sheet. It was unprecedented.

"We refused as a playing staff (to sign) as they tried to railroad the players into signing a bonus sheet.

So we were the only club not to have it...and when we tried to get it...Barton recons that's an issue/railroading? So we wanted to be like every other club with regards to this ???

Doesn't make sense. What am I missing?

Reads to me like the players would not sign because they felt they were being misled in some way on it. And in refusing, they did something nobody else had ever done.

Sounds about right. I seem to remember it getting to the point where the players and hierarchy were not communicating after the players didn't get the last lot of payments because they failed to meet some of the conditions. That probably led them to refusing to sign this seasons bonus contract. In the end though Pardew opened up the channels of communication again and Ashley quickly paid the players and everyone was happy again.

Apart from Barton and his grudge apparently. :lol:

consistently sounds like Barton is trying to convince himself he made the right decision leaving

He's already stated numerous times that he thinks he made 'the right move (but only) in the circumstances he found himself in'. He's said again and again that he didn't want to leave, that the fans wanted him, the other players wanted him and the manager wanted him - just the board that didn't want him.

consistently sounds like Barton is trying to convince himself he made the right decision leaving

He's already stated numerous times that he thinks he made 'the right move (but only) in the circumstances he found himself in'. He's said again and again that he didn't want to leave, that the fans wanted him, the other players wanted him and the manager wanted him - just the board that didn't want him.

You still don't think he moved for the money? :lol:

The fans, the other players and the manager certainly wanted him.... if he'd just get his head down and shut the fuck up.

Not a chance that was going to happen though.

You still don't think he moved for the money? :lol:

Of course he did. Money played a part in his decision making. A compromise could have been found, though.

Anyway, I have moved on. We're a good side and Obertan does well on the right side. We don't really need Barton at the moment. Would have been more fun with him, though.

he had a contract until the end of this current season, for him to say anyone forced him out is verging on farcical.

the team wanted him to stay so did the manager,

he made his decision to leave and now he's looking for someone to blame as he finds out the grass ain't always greener.

c u joey, tosspot.

Limited, 29 year old footballer who has been seemlessly replaced.

Couldn't really care less about him now, he's getting way ahead of his station with some of the shite he spouts.

If he'd said that stuff about suicide on the day that Gary Speed died while still a Newcastle player I'd have wanted the attention-seeking twat out the door.

Might also be reading it wrong but aren't his Sports Direct comments a big derogatory towards people who have 'normal' jobs?

Yup, that's what I was getting at. Saying that on the one hand and then preparing to care about fans on the other.

Scumbag and a fake but we all really knew this anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Dont think he should still be talking about us tbh. Hes not here, we no longer affect him, so he should stop stirring shit up.

But its his need to be centre of attention, its never ending to the point of tiresome, he really is just one massive drama queen.