Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's certainly not a central midfielder, as QPR have found out.

To be fair to Warnock (or Hughes if he continues playing him there), with the squad they have, Barton's probably still the best choice to play next to Faurlin (before his injury).

Buzaacky, SWP and even Derry would do a better job in the centre of the park. Barton's a fucking useless CM.

Derry honestly wouldn't.

To be fair to Warnock (or Hughes if he continues playing him there), with the squad they have, Barton's probably still the best choice to play next to Faurlin (before his injury).

Buzaacky, SWP and even Derry would do a better job in the centre of the park. Barton's a fucking useless CM.

SWP is a winger, only a winger for me. Never a real CM. And Derry, come on. :lol:

I agree that Barton's useless at CM, as he's shown at lot this season - most recently the assist for Carrick's goal springs to my mind. He's better than Derry, though.

Buzaacky, SWP and even Derry would do a better job in the centre of the park. Barton's a f***ing useless CM.

Derry honestly wouldn't be knocked around like a fairy on top of a Christmas tree like Barton was in CM.

FYP.

Guest bimpy474

I still don't think that it was the case that the big fall out happened after Leeds because of the set pieces. Probably it's played a part but it was never the main point imo.

It was small part of a big problem with him though wasn't it, his ego took a dent and he just cant handle that, he makes himself the centre of attention by being a dickhead if thats what it takes, i just think it shows that he has a major personality problem, he's like a spoilt child that cant have its own way.

If he wonders why none of the big clubs came in for him he just needs to look in the mirror, that and imo he isn't good enough for the top clubs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Buzaacky, SWP and even Derry would do a better job in the centre of the park. Barton's a f***ing useless CM.

Derry honestly wouldn't be knocked around like a fairy on top of a Christmas tree like Barton was in CM.

FYP.

Derry is at Alan Smith levels of shitness.

His set pieces were awful, the back lifted floating corners never worked.

I remember the game vs liverpool away.....  :facepalm:

So, you forget his free-kicks/corners last season against Wolves, Arsenal, Liverpool (h), Blackburn, West Ham, Villa......

His corners have been frustrating at times, I agree. But 1. he's provided lots of goals from it - at least for the time Carroll was here and, 2. it's not that we've scored from a lot of set pieces since Cabaye has taken over.

FYP.

He's crap, but better in CM than Barton. Sounds like you're going off one game.

FYP.

Have you ever seen Derry play in CM btw? :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

FYP.

Don't agree with that. He's been poor every time I've seen them play, slow, can't pass, can't tackle- at least Barton can acquire a drive during games. Not trying to claim Barton is a good central player either- Derry is just beyond awful.

Guest bimpy474

So how long before he has a go at Fernandes?

I'd be worried about Hughes, i just cant see him putting up with Joey's outbursts, should be an interesting watch.

Nolan supposedly had a lot of influence over Barton and "managed" him to some extent - once he left, Barton was always going to be a problem at NUFC.  At QPR, he was heralded as the "star" player and probably indulged by Warnock and Fernandes and that is never a good idea where Barton is concerned.

Absolutely nailed on to fall out with Hughes and end up going to a promoted team in the summer.

Wonder what odds I can get for him joining West Ham in the summer ...

Strong shout that.....

Absolutely nailed on to fall out with Hughes and end up going to a promoted team in the summer.

while I don't disagree with the falling out with Hughes bit the problem will be just where the hell can he go now? He is no doubt picking up stupid wages at QPR which no side who would actually take him could afford and also there wasn't exactly a load of clubs willing to take him for nothing after a rather good season with us

He's currently on a mental wage and long contract and he's currently QPR's best player, Hughes is going to have to support Barton for at least the rest of the season, possibly longer depending on how keen Fernandes is at blowing money.