Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd much rather see Gosling get his chance, feel the lad has a much better engine on him, and can effect play all over the pitch.

I just always think Barton flatters to deceive, and his basic passing is awful at times.

You're blind if you miss what Barton gives us. Hes already been one of our most influential players this season in both games & only in a beneficial way to us. Gosling has done nothing whatsoever yet to be considered in the same league, beyond blind hope that he'll perform.

He is competitive but that that's cancelled out by his lack of movement off the ball IMO. He sits in the middle where it's already over crowded and doesn't get out wide enough which would open up the pitch for some decent passing moves.

It's not the end of the world IMO, yes we lose a good player but the baggage is unreal, it's like dating a lass with 10 kids from 8 different fathers, 3 of which are in prison and one has aids.

The one match I'd want him for this season has gone, and we won, from now on we will need him less and less while the centre should be owned by Tiote and Cabaye. Were one decent right winger away from moving forward from Barton, it can be done.

:thup:

Still be gutted to see him gone though :/

I quite like Joey Barton and would be happy if he stayed.

If we got rid of him though, I could live with it as long he was quickly and adequately replaced.

BUT we all know, that wont happen, not as long as those dickpickles Ashley and Llambias are here.

Yep...therein lies the problem...

I'd much rather see Gosling get his chance, feel the lad has a much better engine on him, and can effect play all over the pitch.

I just always think Barton flatters to deceive, and his basic passing is awful at times.

You're blind if you miss what Barton gives us. Hes already been one of our most influential players this season in both games & only in a beneficial way to us. Gosling has done nothing whatsoever yet to be considered in the same league, beyond blind hope that he'll perform.

He is competitive but that that's cancelled out by his lack of movement off the ball IMO. He sits in the middle where it's already over crowded and doesn't get out wide enough which would open up the pitch for some decent passing moves.

His movement off the ball is superb most of the time.

"I am sure Kevin would like to have Joey at West Ham," said Pardew. "But it doesn't bother me. Kevin is a captain, he is a friend of Joey’s and I can see why he would want him to play for West Ham.

"I do not see anything more than that. Probably Kev said it as a passing statement, I don’t know. I have no problem with the statement, Kevin or West Ham. Joey will do what Joey wants to do."

I quite like Joey Barton and would be happy if he stayed.

If we got rid of him though, I could live with it as long he was quickly and adequately replaced.

BUT we all know, that wont happen, not as long as those dickpickles Ashley and Llambias are here.

Yep...therein lies the problem...

How many times have I heard that argument before?

Guest reefatoon

Give the f*** over. Some people, man. We need to keep our best players, especially at this stage.

I don't see him as one of our best players.  He shouts a good game but personally I don't see it.  I can't quite understand the Barton lovefest actually, he was woeful from day one, only put in a few decent performances in the promotion season, then had a couple of canny games on the right when he could land the ball on Carrol's loaf.  for me that is nowhere near enough from a so called influential midfielder.

I don't think our first 11 would miss him in the team at all.

Give the f*** over. Some people, man. We need to keep our best players, especially at this stage.

I don't see him as one of our best players.  He shouts a good game but personally I don't see it.  I can't quite understand the Barton lovefest actually, he was woeful from day one, only put in a few decent performances in the promotion season, then had a couple of canny games on the right when he could land the ball on Carrol's loaf.  for me that is nowhere near enough from a so called influential midfielder.

Ok.

This is frustrating, even though I didn't agree with his use of Twitter against the club and believe he to has an agenda not just the club I would be disappointed to see him go as he has played well so far this season. Especially to QPR, who lets face it will be involved in a relegation battle this season.

My frustration would be eased if we were able to replace him by the end of the window, but we have had months to sort a left back and striker out and haven't so I have no confidence in replacing Barton. Maybe the club (Ashley-And Super Derek) believe they have replaced him with Obertan?

Sorry, but what a load of bollocks. He was fantastic last season. He's been good so far this season. There's just no way we should sell/give him away at this time.

This is frustrating, even though I didn't agree with his use of Twitter against the club and believe he to has an agenda not just the club I would be disappointed to see him go as he has played well so far this season. Especially to QPR, who lets face it will be involved in a relegation battle this season.

My frustration would be eased if we were able to replace him by the end of the window, but we have had months to sort a left back and striker out and haven't so I have no confidence in replacing Barton. Maybe the club (Ashley-And Super Derek) believe they have replaced him with Obertan?

Agree. We probably won't sign a LB and striker. Replacing Barton is mission impossible for this boardroom.

To find a quality midfielder with contract issues won't be that easy at that time.

Club have already said Obertan is Routledges replacement.

Agree. We probably won't sign a LB and striker. Replacing Barton is mission impossible for this boardroom.

To find a quality midfielder with contract issues won't be that easy at that time.

For some reason, misguided optimism probably I do believe that we will sign a left back in some form by the end of the window, even though that maybe PVH on loan or something, which is better than nothing, but I can't see a striker coming?

For some reason, misguided optimism probably I do believe that we will sign a left back in some form by the end of the window, even though that maybe PVH on loan or something, which is better than nothing, but I can't see a striker coming?

As I've said, I can't see us signing LB AND striker.

I also think that we'll sign some left back rather than a striker.

As some have pointed out, I feel Gosling is a very able replacement and Barton's form has dipped since Carroll left. However, we are vulnerable again as we are light in numbers but more importantly it is another disturbance at the club, another bump in the road which unsettles players and fans alike and puts a huge question mark against our plans. For me, the more worrying aspect of this is the message it sends out rather than the playing side.

BAAAALZ MAN!

I am a little worried about this, but seriously, how is this actual news? I thought it was public knowledge that he was allowed to speak to whoever he likes? Seems to me the southern press desperate to throw a spanner in the works by making a story out of nothing. Especially with that Fernandes guy who seems happy to talk the talk in the press, probably been spouting off to them about how they're talking to Barton.

Guest reefatoon

Sorry, but what a load of bollocks. He was fantastic last season. He's been good so far this season. There's just no way we should sell/give him away at this time.

Fantastic last season?  Now that is bollocks mate.  He had some good displays, but he was nowhere near fantastic last season.

He got put on the right because he was so ineffectual, then managed to set up some goald for Carrol, after January though he was pretty ordinary.  Don't quite understand the blinkered Barton lovefest actually.  Think he is a very average footballer.