Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think he's due a goal after having a pretty fruitful preseason.  Fancy him to knock one in either at Scunthorpe or against Fulham.

I am thinking against Fulham, he wont play against Fulham surely?

If Parker leaves and they replaced him with Barton, that is still a hell of a midfield for the championship;

Taylor - Noble - Nolan - Barton

though Noble needs to hang back if theyre to get the best out of Nolan...

(i personally dont think there is a cat in hells chance of him going down a league, though it would be subversive of him to do so, so cant rule it out!)

Why won't he play against Fulham?

Aye, our first teamers shouldn't play till the 4th or 5th round if we're going to take it seriously

Always depends on the opponent.

Aye, forgot about us being nailed on to get Arsenal in the 3rd round

:pow:

Was thinking about the same.  :lol:

Aye, our first teamers shouldn't play till the 4th or 5th round if we're going to take it seriously

Always depends on the opponent.

Aye, forgot about us being nailed on to get Arsenal in the 3rd round

:pow:

Was thinking about the same.  :lol:

Feels like its every year :lol:

Not playing Scunthorpe will mean he isn't cup tied. I hope he isn't being rested in order to make him a more attractive transfer option for other clubs.

He's on a free. Cup tied or not you can't make a player more attractive for a buying club than that.

Joey doesn't want away and until one of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City or probably Everton come in for him he won't leave. Even then, he probably would want to play this last season here.

Not playing Scunthorpe will mean he isn't cup tied. I hope he isn't being rested in order to make him a more attractive transfer option for other clubs.

Think you're looking too much into it.