Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think Barton's better than going to a club like that for the money tbh.

Me too but if the offer comes in... :undecided:

Realistically it'll be his last 'big' contract before he drops down the leagues/retires so a bigger wage just might come into the equation for him? Can't see him being in demand at 33/34 so he needs to get his next contract right from every aspect.

So you'd imagine staying here where he's loved and wanted by the fans on £50k a week until he's 32, where if he does well he'd be more likely to be given a contract extension even on less than that after giving 8 years service would appeal to him.

Aye, I've already said I think he'll sign his extension.:thup:

But if he gets the impression that things aren't quite right then he could well see his contract out and chase the money. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. 

So you'd imagine staying here where he's loved and wanted by the fans on £50k a week until he's 32, where if he does well he'd be more likely to be given a contract extension even on less than that after giving 8 years service would appeal to him.

But if he gets the impression that things aren't quite right then he could well see his contract out and chase the money. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. 

i really can't see anyone topping what he's currently on for a 30yr old joey barton., hence why the stories of the pay cut came out. he may well leave for footballing reasons of for better pay than he's offered here but not more than he's currently on. i'm also lead to believe that he'd still get a signing on payment if he re-signs with us.

i really can't see anyone topping what he's currently on for a 30yr old joey barton., hence why the stories of the pay cut came out. he may well leave for footballing reasons of for better pay than he's offered here but not more than he's currently on. i'm also lead to believe that he'd still get a signing on payment if he re-signs with us.

Fingers crossed we never find out because he'll have signed on for another 2 or 3 years with us. He's a good player and we need to go the extra mile to keep him.

I've just got very little faith with the people running the club atm. The know the price of everything and the value of nothing and their priorities are skewed to say the least. I hope he signs, I really do.

Fingers crossed we never find out because he'll have signed on for another 2 or 3 years with us. He's a good player and we need to go the extra mile to keep him.

I've just got very little faith with the people running the club atm. The know the price of everything and the value of nothing and their priorities are skewed to say the least. I hope he signs, I really do.

if the extra mile is paying him more than he's worth or we can afford then no, especially if theres anything to the rumours he wants a 5yr deal.

if the extra mile is paying him more than he's worth or we can afford then no especially if theres anything to the rumours he wants a 5yr deal.

Obviously there are limits.

If we offer a decent contract and he turns it down then I hope we don't spit the dummy and flog him. He's worth negotiating with to tie him down.

Guest thenorthumbrian

If Barton goes then he will just be following the pattern set by Carroll.

This is the future folks, any footballer we get a decent offer for will go.

Enrique - Ben Arfur - Totti ?

Newcastle are a selling club and never mind Chelsea or Man U then Liverpool Villa or Spurs(all clubs we should  compete with) will cherry pick our best talent.

Mediocrity is the best we can hope for as long as the FCB owns United. 

If Barton goes then he will just be following the pattern set by Carroll.

This is the future folks, any footballer we get a decent offer for will go.

Enrique - Ben Arfur - Totti ?

Newcastle are a selling club and never mind Chelsea or Man U then Liverpool Villa or Spurs(all clubs we should  compete with) will cherry pick our best talent.

Mediocrity is the best we can hope for as long as the FCB owns United. 

carroll was more than a decent offer and at the minute how should we compete with those clubs you mentioned, should we do it by offering more pay thean them....we've tried it before.

2 years is enough, as brilliant as he has been it's his first consistent run since he arrived, a year ago a lot would have taken anything we could get for him just to get him off the wage bill.

2 years on the speculated £50k a week is a fantastic offer, if he disagrees then we should sell in the summer. Would be very surprised if he got anything near that at a better club.

They play 3 workhorses in the middle with 3 mobile forwards, so he won't fit into Mancini's system. I don't think he will fancy a move back to City if all he wants is to 'enjoy playing' and earn a good salary as he is doing now.

Guest Roger Kint

Nobody didnt suggest anything of the sort, he was replying to the post regarding the only clubs Barton would play for and included his previous club as it wasnt mentioned.

For some reason I'm fairly confident Barton will sign a new deal. Don't see where all the doom and gloom is coming from.

There is absolutely no way we'll let Tiote, Enrique and Barton go in one transfer window. I know Ashley is a cock, but that would be suicidal.

love these posts. as if ashley is bothered about anything except money.

For some reason I'm fairly confident Barton will sign a new deal. Don't see where all the doom and gloom is coming from.

There is absolutely no way we'll let Tiote, Enrique and Barton go in one transfer window. I know Ashley is a cock, but that would be suicidal.

love these posts. as if ashley is bothered about anything except money.

Sorry, I'll try harder to make my opinions conform to yours in future.