Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Are these comments being overlooked?

"We had a good player, Carroll, and we sold him. I told the management that I was worried, that I was scared this might happen every year. But they assured me they don't want to go down that road."

Barton, however, was not entirely convinced by the talks and is urging Newcastle to act by tying their leading players to new deals. "I don't know if I believe them," he said. "I told them I might stay this summer because we have some good players and money to spend. But I'm going to wait and see if players like Kevin Nolan, Cheick Tioté and Jose Enrique stay.

"If Nolan signs a new deal, I will as well. But I hope the club step things up. I want to be ambitious and I think the club share that desire."

Like an assurance from Ronald McDonald on leaving him to look after your pet cow.

Clowns aren't farmers sure, but I don't know what you're getting at.

Guest icemanblue

It's all complete crap. He doesn't want to play for England and is making sure that he doesn't get picked for any future squads. He'd much rather be a big fish in a small pool and I don't think he'd find it easy to fit into an England squad and handle those relationships.

As for the club, he'd rather see out his contract on his current huge wage and then see what his options are. As with Owen in the last year of his contract, he sees no advantage in signing up now to a lower contract. He has every right to make that stand but why the accompanying BS.

The problem seems to be changing all the time - now he's not going to sign unless his mate Kevin gets a new contract as well. Ridiculous.

:lol: Where's that come from?

Maybe there's no hidden masterplan in Joey's mind, and I'm doing him an injustice on that point. But I do think he finds decisions difficult, and all this public parading of his dilemma is part of it. When it came to leaving Man City, there were all kinds of histrionics before it all went through.

A lot of his statements - and I'm talking about what he was quoted as saying in his talk in as well - are lacking in any consistency or coherence. He's presenting as confident and in control over his own destiny, and then he's saying things that completely run against that. (eg saying you want to play for England and then saying things that will ensure that that doesn't happen)

'I'll sign if Kevin signs' - a complete relinquishing of responsibility for the decision.

I can see where you're coming from, mate. But, I think you're looking into things a bit too much. Bear in mind, as well, that these latest comments were made up to a couple of months ago now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Joey Barton trending on twitter. You can guess what the majority of gasbags are saying.

Barton's right in that there aren't many English midfielders with real creative ability, a lot of them are just runners who score goals. Technique wise Barton is streets ahead of the majority in this country. He's an idiot though, because if there was a chance of him getting called up he's booted it into touch with his slagging of current England stars.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Optajoe has said that those wearing the number 7 shirt have provided the most assists in the Premier League this season.  :laugh:

From OptaJoe too:

Head to Head

G Barry v J Barton

Mins 2361-2248,

Goals 2-4,

Shots 13-51,

Assists 2-7,

Chances Created open play 18-25,

Pass% 85%-74%,

Tackles 78%-81%

From OptaJoe too:

Head to Head

G Barry v J Barton

Mins 2361-2248,

Goals 2-4,

Shots 13-51,

Assists 2-7,

Pass% 85%-74%,

Tackles 78%-81%

When you think Barry is playing in a much better team with lots of stars... he is s***.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shows the turn around in his behaviour and attitude that we're 'sitting here today', hoping he signs a new deal, when 2 years ago we might have been queueing up to pay his taxi fare out of the club.

From OptaJoe too:

Head to Head

G Barry v J Barton

Mins 2361-2248,

Goals 2-4,

Shots 13-51,

Assists 2-7,

Pass% 85%-74%,

Tackles 78%-81%

When you think Barry is playing in a much better team with lots of stars... he is s***.

51 shots, 4 goals is a bit of a crap return isn't it?

Shows the turn around in his behaviour and attitude that we're 'sitting here today', hoping he signs a new deal, when 2 years ago we might have been queueing up to pay his taxi fare out of the club.

I wasn't. I always knew he was quality and wasnt getting the run in the team, whether it be through injuries or his own fault. His quality has always been there.

Barton admitted he had been unsettled by Carroll's departure in January and wants Newcastle to prove they can match his own ambition before he extends his contract, which has a year to run. "It's important to respect the people who come to the stadium or watch the games on telly," he said. "That's what I told [the Newcastle management]. I told them the goal shouldn't be just to survive, to finish 16th or 17th, every season."

Barton admitted he had been unsettled by Carroll's departure in January and wants Newcastle to prove they can match his own ambition before he extends his contract, which has a year to run. "It's important to respect the people who come to the stadium or watch the games on telly," he said. "That's what I told [the Newcastle management]. I told them the goal shouldn't be just to survive, to finish 16th or 17th, every season."

That's been posted a couple of times already...your point being?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

ASHLEY OUT! /agenda  :shifty:

ASHLEY OUT! /agenda  :shifty:

seriously mate (Colocho), if you really wanna make your movement successful as a go between fans and club, you've got to at least try and present yourself as someone neutrel and not jump at the opportunity to attack the board whenever an opportunity presents itself.