Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Either he doesn't want to play for England, or he's given up hope. Publicly slagging off your potential team-mates isn't very sensible if you really expect to be part of the squad.

So Gareth Barry is slow, is he? You're not exactly a greyhound yourself, mate.

I'm not impressed with the 'I'll only sign when I see whether everyone else is signing' attitude. Just make your own mind up, Joey.  

Presumably Man U and Chelsea will be battling for the signature of England's leading midfield player, so the decision should be a simple one anyway.

'No Sir, I'm afraid with a criminal record you cannot enter the United States.'

:tiote:

'Go straight ahead Sir.  The baggage reclaim carousel for your flight is over there.  Have a nice day.'

LOL :D

That interview was done a few weeks ago wasn't it - before the latest internationals?

His interviews are always interesting but I am sure it will give the media more ammunition to have a ago.

Guest Stephen927

Barton will know he burnt his bridges with England the day he had a go at Gerrard and Lampard after the 2006 World Cup. He's been called up once since then.

I like his honesty but there is a difference between that and being boastful. He is improving but is not even close to reaching the heights of Lampard and Gerrard. I'd rather he prove that he is the best English midfielder than declaring himself as the one

Guest Wearside

Is Joey Barton a full shilling?

On one hand he is saying he wants to play for England and the next he is slating his possible teammates and slagging the England regime,not a cat in hells chance he will ever be called up again after this outburst.

Silly boy.

Guest toonlass

He won't be called up anyway, might as well say what he really thinks instead of the usual boring shite.

This. It makes such a refreshing change to hear a footballer talking intelligently and honestly instead of just spewing cliched soundbites. I love Joey Barton.

He's correct, on current form he is one of the best English midfielders in the country. He's carried us this season.

One of the best maybe, not sure if he carried us this season although he is an important player for us. The Barry part I've got no problems coz he's spot on but I don't like the way he sort of ran down Wishere as in "not bad" and then proceed to claim himself as the best in England. A bit of modesty and more hardwork might get him there but not yet