Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fucking hell. I guess this means he will be sold this summer then? Ridiculous man.

He'll either sign or be sold. The stuff about staying on no matter what is patently bollocks.

Surely that would have been the same with Taylor then, how come he wasn't sold?

McKay stated live on Radio Newcastle that he attended a meeting at SJP this morning and the club have stated that they would not be making any offer to Barton. Said that he feels he will play next season out then move for free, no chance of staying under current ownership.

Fucking hell. I guess this means he will be sold this summer then? Ridiculous man.

He'll either sign or be sold. The stuff about staying on no matter what is patently bollocks.

He was injured at the time.

McKay stated live on Radio Newcastle that he attended a meeting at SJP this morning and the club have stated that they would not be making any offer to Barton. Said that he feels he will play next season out then move for free, no chance of staying under current ownership.

ffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Guest Thump 1892

Like i have said many times, re Owen and the same applies to Barton.  He owes us loads morally, professionally he owes us f*** all.

Surely a professional outlook would take morality into account?

Taylor wouldn't have been on anywhere near as much brass as Barton is would he? Also, he's not approaching the end of his career, so I'm not sure the situations are comparable.

I'm not sure what I think of this news today, I'm split. I just wish this kind of stuff could be resolved in private, it doesn't help the club.

Willie "giz more money" Mckay is a c**t of the highest order.

every time we have a player thats managed by him we held for ransom like this.

If Barton wants to stay like he has said many times that he does, then he'll accept whichever deal has been offered him as I doubt its an unreasonable package.

unless he already has people knocking on his door and wanting to sign him I doubt there are many clubs in England that would touch Barton based on his record

McKay saying, that Barton sat down with the club in January with regards signing a new deal and offered to take a wage cut. Said he had a meeting with Llambias this morning and there was no offer from the club with regards to a new deal. Saying that Barton wants to stay and was willing to sign a 4 year deal on less money. Saying that Barton will probably run his contract down and leave the club on a Bosman next year. McKay suggesting that the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership - there is no problem with Pardew, but this appears to have been taken out of his hands.

Makes you wonder who will actually be buying the players for the club this summer - is it Ashley/Llambias on the recommendations of Graham Carr and nothing to do with Pardew? If true, that would reafirm the suggestion that we have a puppet for a manager. Worrying times yet again. :(

I'm sure this will be denied if it is untrue?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

McKay saying, that Barton sat down with the club in January with regards signing a new deal and offered to take a wage cut. Said he had a meeting with Llambias this morning and there was no offer from the club with regards to a new deal. Saying that Barton wants to stay and was willing to sign a 4 year deal on less money. Saying that Barton will probably run his contract down and leave the club on a Bosman next year. McKay suggesting that the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership - there is no problem with Pardew, but this appears to have been taken out of his hands.

Makes you wonder who will actually be buying the players for the club this summer - is it Ashley/Llambias on the recommendations of Graham Carr and nothing to do with Pardew? If true, that would reafirm the suggestion that we have a puppet for a manager. Worrying times yet again. :(

Think we knew that when we got Pardew.

I honestly don't believe they simply wouldn't offer him a deal. Even by these crooks standards that is total idiocy, infact it so clearly illogical and false that it suggests to me whatever McKay is spouting is bollocks.

At a recent talk in night, Harper said that Barton was forcing Ashleys hand and wants to stay, but wont commit to a new contract until Ashley proves he is gonna put some cash into new signings.  Wonder what this announcement says about that then.

We'll make more in sales this summer than we spend on players, nailed on.

Guest WashyGeordie

he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january........"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership".

so whats happened between january and now?

Agent interferance by the sounds of it.

The money men at football clubs have always been in charge of players contracts so I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Guest hobshobs

Joey and his agent want a four year contract according to Willie McKay on BBC Radio Newcastle. Nearly 29 so two years max playing to the level he does currently. Then we're into the Smith, Geremi and Butt sitaution where they are past their best and fast going downhill with no pace, etc. Four year deal is way too long. I think I agree with the club on this one. Silly boys demanding four years.

he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january........"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership".

Carroll sale. Enrique might get sold. Joey said the club has to show ambition - that's not really showing ambition with selling your best players.

The money men at football clubs have always been in charge of players contracts so I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

That doesn't really match what he said.

Guest Thump 1892

Agent interferance by the sounds of it.

I honestly think that's all this is.  He'll be missed, but if he doesn't want the shirt any more, the door is always open.  No player bigger than the club and all that.