Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

If theres any truth in this, then the club will move very quickly to sell him. There's no chance of them letting him run his contract out and move for nowt.

he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january........"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership".

so whats happened between january and now?

Lack of ambition - why should top players want to stay if there is no drive to push the club forwards? Reading between the lines, Ashley's intent seems to be to keep us in the PL on the cheap (and nothing more) to keep the cash rolling in, via selling players, TV money, s/t money which he can then take out of the club to pay back his 'loans'.

The ability of this club to keep on shooting itself in the foot is staggering.

Makes you wonder who will actually be buying the players for the club this summer - is it Ashley/Llambias on the recommendations of Graham Carr and nothing to do with Pardew? If true, that would reafirm the suggestion that we have a puppet for a manager. Worrying times yet again. :(

The money men at football clubs have always been in charge of players contracts so I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

That doesn't really match what he said.

Of course it does, he's questioning who is buying players based on the fact the club won't match Barton's contract demands on an improved deal.

If theres any truth in this, then the club will move very quickly to sell him. There's no chance of them letting him run his contract out and move for nowt.

Probably already hawking him around tbh, if true.

he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january........"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership".

Lack of ambition - why should top players want to stay if there is no drive to push the club forwards? Reading between the lines, Ashley's intent seems to be to keep us in the PL on the cheap (and nothing more) to keep the cash rolling in, via selling players, TV money, s/t money which he can then take out of the club to pay back his 'loans'.

The ability of this club to keep on shooting itself in the foot is staggering.

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between 'loans' and loans?

Guest Antec

Carroll, Enrique and Barton gone inside six months? Fucking hell.

Add Hughton to that as well

I dun give a damn shit towards willie's words. What should the club do? Holding out an ashley out campaign again? is this his pay back towards the club and the fans patience for 4 years? stupid cunt in the highest order. Everyone know you are just demanding for more money ffs. Since his future is no longer here, who knows whether he could still be that good both on and off the pitch? Transfer list him now. I cannot tolerate him anymore.

Guest Stephen927

Barton will probably come out and have his say soon, let's all hang fire until then eh.

Oldtype - Ashley is going to want his cash back at some point. How else is he going to do it other than asset stripping the side and running the club on petrol fumes?

So they're called 'loans' when the lender wants the cash back and they're only actual loans when the lender has no intention of seeing his money again?

Just making sure I'm understanding the concepts here.

Nothing's changed

"he was willing to sign a 4 year deal in january" - But he wasn't offered 4 years, which is why he didn't sign.

"the only way Barton will stay at the club long term, is if the club is in new ownership" - Because he wants a 4 year deal and the current ownership won't offer it him.

Oldtype - Ashley is going to want his cash back at some point. How else is he going to do it other than asset stripping the side and running the club on petrol fumes?

So they're called 'loans' when the lender wants the cash back and they're only actual loans when the lender has no intention of seeing his money again?

Just making sure I'm understanding the concepts here.

The owner will want his money back - there's nothing more certain than that. Question is - how is he going to get it?

Transfer list him then.

No point if he wants to stay until the end of his contract.

Then prepare to rot at home counting his money. I am pretty sure a year away from top level football would end his career.

Barton will probably come out and have his say soon, let's all hang fire until then eh.

:thup: This.

Have to say I'm still quite relaxed on that eventhough that Barton is my favourite player. Years ago I would have been really really angry about something like that. Now it's just something like "Well, the show will go on without him as well".

Saying that, I'm still very hopefull that he'll sign a new contract.

Where's Chris Mort when you need him?

Why exactly would we need him?

Because he wanted the best for this club?

Mort was complicit in the KK affair tbh. Seemed a decent bloke but nothing more really.