Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton, if you are playing well and demand an acceptable level of wages after next season, I see no reason why the club would not extend your contract. You sounds like the club wants to terminate your contract as soon as possible but this is not the case. Even if our club is running like Barcelona you would not get a long term contract.

Barton, if you are playing well and demand an acceptable level of wages after next season, I see no reason why the club would not extend your contract. You sounds like the club wants to terminate your contract as soon as possible but this is not the case. Even if our club is running like Barcelona you would not get a long term contract.

It sounds like its the length not the amount that is the problem.

Well there's always two sides to every story, and you can choose to believe either side and demonise the other or you can step back a bit and keep studying - trying to work it all out.

It may be a hopeless task but I'm certainly going to do the latter.

I think Ashley/Llambias probably want him gone in an ideal world.

I think Pardew is probably ambivalent about it provided he can replace him. Would like to keep, perhaps, but not too bothered if he loses him.

What's Joey's game here? He was offered a new contract back in January and chose not to accept?

Has that offer been withdrawn, or are the club just refusing to alter the terms of that offer?

Or was he offered anything, was it all hearsay?

Why does Barton feel the need to join Twitter and make this public, more so than it was already being discussed anyway. What does he hope to gain? Is it in the best interests of Barton/McKay or Newcastle United?

What was wrong with staying on another 2 years if he loves the club so much?

It sounds like its the length not the amount that is the problem.

In fact that's the same, say 50k for 3 years and 40k for 4 years. He said he is willing to take a pay cut only if it's a long term contract. So in the end it is the total value for the contract that matters, not the length.

I'm lost. Has Barton ever been offered a new contract?

According to club source, a contract was offered in January, rejected by barton, and then the club is not willing to make another offer. Not sure whether the rejected one can be rescinded.

I'm lost. Has Barton ever been offered a new contract?

According to club source, a contract was offered in January, rejected by barton, and then the club is not willing to make another offer. Not sure whether the rejected one can be rescinded.

I think Barton said he rejected a contract at a talk-in a few months ago so at least that much must be true.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do everything possible to force him out.

Without doubt. The smear campaign starts here.

Well the smear campaign technically started when Willie McKunt went on air yesterday.

Well there's always two sides to every story, and you can choose to believe either side and demonise the other or you can step back a bit and keep studying - trying to work it all out.

It may be a hopeless task but I'm certainly going to do the latter.

I think Ashley/Llambias probably want him gone in an ideal world.

I think Pardew is probably ambivalent about it provided he can replace him. Would like to keep, perhaps, but not too bothered if he loses him.

What's Joey's game here? He was offered a new contract back in January and chose not to accept?

Has that offer been withdrawn, or are the club just refusing to alter the terms of that offer?

Or was he offered anything, was it all hearsay?

Why does Barton feel the need to join Twitter and make this public, more so than it was already being discussed anyway. What does he hope to gain? Is it in the best interests of Barton/McKay or Newcastle United?

What was wrong with staying on another 2 years if he loves the club so much?

My take is:

Ashley and Llambias want Barton out. But if Barton can be retained at an acceptable --- or you can say, cheap --- cost then no problem about it.

Pardew is bothered. Barton is very useful in both right midfield and centre midfield position and is currently the vice captain. His back up is Guthrie and no one can guarantee him that the club will sign quality players to replace Barton, unless he is daft enough to believe Ashley and Llambias.

There was a contract offered at January according to various sources. So it's Barton who didn't accept it.  It may be due to not good enough, or having doubts towards the club future like Enrique after Carroll's sales.

Then it's his intention, which is the most difficult question now.  Originally I think he does want to stay and is putting pressure towards the club in order to get a better contract, which is fair play.  But then, why targeting Ashley and Llambias? This is the last thing to do to stay in this club.  Ok we all know Ashley and Llambias are bastards but if you really want to stay you cannot voice that out.  So my take would be he wants to leave.  By doing these PR exercises, I guess, he wants to give out "some" positive images  like "I like playing for a club and fans that loves me and I will not cause trouble anymore" etc to the public and to his potential suitors.  Who? Liverpool, Aston Villa, or even QPR etc.  They are willing to pay his wages if he is available at a very low price.  On the other hand, we are not in a position to demand huge fees since he is walking away for free next season. 2m is the best price we can get.

And finally, I believe he loves the club and the fans, but just he loves himself more.

Guest young master

Barton has got it all wrong here.  coming out in twitter with a PR campaign to disrespect the man that's paying his wages?

is that really going to help him on getting a new contract?  I thought Barton has learned and matured , gotten smarter, but this is plain stupid.  There other ways of working this out.

If Joey Barton really thinks he's going to out-stay a man that practically has all the power in the club, he really is deluding himself.

This will not help our cause,  yes we may hate Mike Ashley but Joey is overestimating our hatred, because we all know fat Ash is not going anywhere as much we hate him we already accepted that fact.