Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I just don't see a role for him whatsoever in the setup now.

Jonas, Marveaux, Cabaye, Tiote & Ben Arfa will all be ahead of him in the pecking order you'd imagine, so unless he's prepared to sit on his arse earning £60k a week on our bench for his last season, I can see him moving on anyway.

Any comments about new signings or is he just bothered about losing his mate?

He will look a little silly if he only pipes up to moan. He should be happy that the club is signing some decent players and with more to come (hopefully).

I hope he stays, because how often are we going to be able to field a first-choice team? It happens so rarely these days that you can play your "best" XI for every game.

Like Nut says though, it does appear we are looking to bring in another midfielder - as well as another striker - which would mean that I think he'd find himself outside of the team if all/nearly all of those players were fit to play.

You'd imagine Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa are automatic starters at present. Marveaux won't have joined to sit on the bench and neither will Ba. That only leaves one more place in the team, which could be a central midfield spot, an attacking midfield/wide slot or a striker slot, depending on what formation we play.

You'd still imagine he would play 20+ games, given our luck with injuries, and would provide a great option from the bench (if he remained motivated enough to do so), but I can see Ashley/Llambias desperate to shift him if that's the case as they won't want somebody on that money as a fringe player when there's the likes of Ferguson, Gosling and Vuckic in and amongst it too. That's not even mentioning his potentially disruptive influence, etc.

Not saying it's necessarily "right", just how I think it will be.

With our current squad Barton walks int to starting 11 with ease tbh

You reckon? I see a front 6 of Marveaux, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa & Ba.

but one of those 6 is bound to be banned or injured at any one time

Agree with that.

Would agree too, based on the squad as it stands in the here and now. I'd have him in there with Cabaye/Tiote, while having Ben Arfa/Marveaux outside of Ba.

However, as Nut's argument/my argument goes, we don't appear to have finished bringing in attacking players.

You reckon? I see a front 6 of Marveaux, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa & Ba.

but one of those 6 is bound to be banned or injured at any one time

Would Barton's pride allow him to stay here though knowing he's playing because of injuries & suspensions?

Agree with that.

Would agree too, based on the squad as it stands in the here and now. I'd have him in there with Cabaye/Tiote, while having Ben Arfa/Marveaux outside of Ba.

However, as Nut's argument/my argument goes, we don't appear to have finished bringing in attacking players.

True. I most certainly want to see what Marveaux has to offer, but whilst I have my reservations over how effective Jonas would be on the wing in the formation we appear to be taking on, I'd happy see him getting games.

He is frustrating at times but when he's on his game he's class. So good at dribbling. The second half of this season in particular he was impressive. His end product improved as well for the most part.

You'd imagine his lass is up the duff.

He already knew that, or have I made it up? Sure he mentioned it in his interview on Thursday.

Yeah its been mentioned that his lass is up the duff.