Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

A bit from the Chronicle today:

ALAN PARDEW is confident that Joey Barton can play his way back into favour at Newcastle United.

Barton was told in May that he would not be handed a new deal at the end of his current contract.

However, the Scouse midfielder’s approach and attitude has impressed the Toon management.

And the Chronicle understands there is no animosity between Barton and his employers, resulting in a more relaxed stance on his future.

Pardew has hinted in the past that Newcastle may adopt a similar policy to that of Man United who review contracts for more senior players on an annual basis, rather than roll out long-term deals.

Pardew is resigned to losing Jose Enrique, but hopes there can be a happier outcome for Barton.

The Toon boss said said today: “You never know – it can be resolved as we go along.

“If we get a strong year from him on the playing side and his conduct stays the same, then he’s going to have not just us looking to do a contract with him but many others.

“That’s the position we’re in.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/16/door-still-open-for-joey-barton-to-stay-72703-29064888/#ixzz1SIHlNtPZ

Barton has refused to be down in the dumps after his application for a visa in order to play in the tour of the US next week was turned down.

And the midfielder has enjoyed the full support of his boss.

Barton will head to Holland on the club’s reserve-team trip in order to keep on top of match fitness.

Pardew underlined his importance to the squad this term as one of the Magpies’ most experienced Premier League midfielders.

The former West Ham United manager said: “I think Joey will be an important player for us this season.

“With Kevin (Nolan) going, Joey is important to the group and has been terrific this season.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him play.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/16/door-still-open-for-joey-barton-to-stay-72703-29064888/2/#ixzz1SIHWEw7I

Errr, looks like they're ignoring the Twitter stuff :laugh:

Guest johnson293

Joey's watching The Apprentice final tonight....

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I'd piss this...........

8 minutes ago

;D

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Right forget the apprentice am gonna go and play football manager 2011 and take NUFC to champs league final again......

He plays FM :frantic:

I really really love him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

How bad are women at penalties by the way........eurosport now 410

Sexist Joey :lol:

Replace sexist with ''correct''