Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

As if the club wouldn't have known this would be the case. Daft not to have one of your better players & VC from the previous season not with the 1st team squad for a large chunk of preseason.

I don't understand, how is this anything to do with the club?

No but IMO it seems incredibly short sighted not to prepare for the new season with a tour you know wouldn't feature one of your better players. Not much reason to be dicking around in America anyway IMO, even less considering that none of the games are remotely near each other.

Guest icemanblue

Erm, I'd imagine it's quite a lucrative little tour, no?

I'm Jazzy B's biggest fan, but you're talking bobbins here like.

When he was going for a holiday he could just tick "no" to the criminal record question and take the risk - his record can't be linked to his passport. As long as the US authorities weren't alerted he's unlikely to get turned away at immigration control. For a tour with the club, well they're going to want to play by the rules and if they didn't you could be reasonably sure someone, be it via the press or some 'concerned individual' would most likely alert them that Joey was about to step off a plane.

Guest neesy111

No but IMO it seems incredibly short sighted not to prepare for the new season with a tour you know wouldn't feature one of your better players. Not much reason to be dicking around in America anyway IMO, even less considering that none of the games are remotely near each other.

Better than travelling to the far east though, this is not the time or season for to be playing football over here.

When he was going for a holiday he could just tick "no" to the criminal record question and take the risk - his record can't be linked to his passport. As long as the US authorities weren't alerted he's unlikely to get turned away at immigration control. For a tour with the club, well they're going to want to play by the rules and if they didn't you could be reasonably sure someone, be it via the press or some 'concerned individual' would most likely alert them that Joey was about to step off a plane.

:lol:

Yeah, that wouldn't be spectacularly bad PR or owt.

You don't need a visa for a holiday though do you? There's that visa waiver programme for UK citizens. I guess to go and play football you need to be able to 'work' in the country.

Dunno like.

Thats it, basically.

I would have thought it was an issue with people with criminal records working and generating money in America.

Basically, you can go and spend your cash there, but if you've got a criminal record, you're not allowed to earn money from their economy.

I would have thought it was an issue with people with criminal records working and generating money in America.

Basically, you can go and spend your cash there, but if you've got a criminal record, you're not allowed to earn money from their economy.

Sounds like an alright system to me.

It's not really that indepth. I think it's far more likely that when traveling on holiday under the visa waiver program, he simply didn't declare that he had a record.

It's not like its much different in the UK. We didn't let Snoop Dog in man.

Guest TheSummerOf69

pfft, he should just enter the country illegally.  We roll out the red carpet for illegal aliens.

Like you, or are you a legal (white?) one?

You don't need a visa for a holiday though do you? There's that visa waiver programme for UK citizens. I guess to go and play football you need to be able to 'work' in the country.

Dunno like.

Thats it, basically.

No- you do need one. Going on holiday there in sept and a friend with a record had to go to embassy in london for interview. Was granted one though

Dunno like.

Thats it, basically.

No- you do need one. Going on holiday there in sept and a friend with a record had to go to embassy in london for interview. Was granted one though

differing visa's for working as opposed to hols ?

Dunno like.

Thats it, basically.

Are you a UK citizen? I went to New York last summer and didn't need a visa.

Dunno like.

Thats it, basically.

Are you a UK citizen? I went to New York last summer and didn't need a visa.

I didnt need one. My friend who has a record does-

Not if you have a criminal record.

My point being, JB would of needed a visa for his holiday, which suggests that he needed a more strict visa to play football. Ridiculous