Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest cr4igora

f*** me, are you genuinely trying to suggest Barton isn't a good footballer?

No, not at all. But I think he is overrated by some fans (and by himself) and his behaviour off the field is questionable at the very very least.

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

So we ignore Barton's behaviour the past couple of months?

He's made a few twitter posts man, yes we should just ignore it. We certainly shouldn't f*** with the clubs future and just give the bloke away for free :lol:

Would your boss ignore it. Regardless of the fact its professional football I know my employers would look dimly on me if I slagged them off in a public domain.

My old company withdrew a job offer of an employee because of his negative comments against the company on a message board. Another employee was put on a final warning for critising a business decision made by the directors.buod[ /quote]

With all due respect, I doubt it would be a great loss to the company if they were to lay you off (I dont know what you do so im just speculating). Barton is our best right midfielder, and to be fair, we need him next season. "cut your nose off to spite your face" comes to mind, it would be f***ing idiotic to let him go.

If we're justifying getting rid of him because he's a cunt we probably should have done it when he was going to jail for drunken brawls rather than after he's not touched a drink for years and sits around posting Nietzsche quotes and the occasional moan about the way the club is run on twitter.

Barton was a good player for us but in the grande scheme of things he's quite average and limited in the same way Nolan is/was despite him being the top goalscoring midfielder in the country last season.

He's not average.

Of course he is. He has no pace, lacks stamina and doesn't score many goals. He's a decent set piece taker and has good passing skills but in general he's a very limited player. He was performing well in a side that was at times perfect for him.

This is what I have said many times here. Not a popular opinion but that's not a surprise.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

f*** me, are you genuinely trying to suggest Barton isn't a good footballer?

No, not at all. But I think he is overrated by some fans.

And by himself.

I was interested to see how he'd perform this season without Carroll to aim his angled 40 yard balls to at the back post.

Barton was a good player for us but in the grande scheme of things he's quite average and limited in the same way Nolan is/was despite him being the top goalscoring midfielder in the country last season.

He's not average.

Of course he is. He has no pace, lacks stamina and doesn't score many goals. He's a decent set piece taker and has good passing skills but in general he's a very limited player. He was performing well in a side that was at times perfect for him.

At what he does he is quality, but his overall game isn't top class. For us he was a very good player though (for a while), and I'm still sorry to see it pan out like this.

Guest bimpy474

leeangus29 angus

by nufcfans

BARTON'S AGENT TALKING on 5 LIVE! Barton was offered a 3 yr contract but wanted a 4 yr deal @nufcfans #nufc

16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

But he said on Talksport Joey wasn't offered a contract at all.

If we're justifying getting rid of him because he's a cunt we probably should have done it when he was going to jail for drunken brawls rather than after he's not touched a drink for years and sits around posting Nietzsche quotes and the occasional moan about the way the club is run on twitter.

...whilst listening to The Smiths.

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

If we were so eager to sell, why we letting him go for free?

Barton has made it clear he would not be sold at any price.  He wanted to see out his contract or go for nothing.  I believe it was a matter of principal following the manner of Carroll's departure, whereby the pushed him into the corner of a transfer request (which I think he was a twat for submitting).

The club therefore had a player who they would be forced to spend another £3m in wages on and who guaranteed a zero return.  As with EVERY decision made at the club, this one was made to save money.  Ashley's view is £3m is worth more than 30 odd appearances over the season from JB.

leeangus29 angus

by nufcfans

BARTON'S AGENT TALKING on 5 LIVE! Barton was offered a 3 yr contract but wanted a 4 yr deal @nufcfans #nufc

Ashley and Derek are the only liars as has been proven. Willie McKay is a veritable angel from heaven whose words are nuggets of truth blessed from above. :angel:

Interestingly the comments made above totally ignored the other points I made...

...gobs off all day long on Twitter, disputes the managers decisions. Previously convicted of behaviour such as stabbing cigars in teammates eyes & punching people on the training ground.

The cigar incident is inexcusable, but I think it's quite petty to bring up his previous misdemeanors tbh, especially when he's taken serious steps to turn his life around by giving up the drink.  Re: Dabo, he hit Barton first, from behind at that.  You can't throw a cheap punch and not expect to get hit back.

He's not average.

What he lacks in pace he make up in determination, grit and hard work. He's the type of player (almost) every team would be glad to have in the line up. He showed in plenty matches how important he was for us just because of those qualities. On top of that he has a great right leg. Both when it comes to passing and crossing.

Does it really need to be explained why you should make more of an effort to keep onside one of your best players than one that's surplus to requirements? :lol: I give up.

So we ignore Barton's behaviour the past couple of months?

He's made a few twitter posts man, yes we should just ignore it. We certainly shouldn't f*** with the clubs future and just give the bloke away for free :lol:

Would your boss ignore it. Regardless of the fact its professional football I know my employers would look dimly on me if I slagged them off in a public domain.

My old company withdrew a job offer of an employee because of his negative comments against the company on a message board. Another employee was put on a final warning for critising a business decision made by the directors.buod[ /quote]With all due respect, I doubt it would be a great loss to the company if they were to lay you off (I dont know what you do so im just speculating). Barton is our best right midfielder, and to be fair, we need him next season. "cut your nose off to spite your face" comes to mind, it would be f***ing idiotic to let him go.

Wullie – I kind of knew that as I was typing, comparing the real world to football is pretty pointless but I was more trying to make the point that slagging off your employers in a public domain should not be taken lightly.

As for me my current employer they probably won’t be that bothered to lose me – I’ve only been there 4 weeks 

;D

Guest bimpy474

leeangus29 angus

by nufcfans

Ashley and Derek are the only liars as has been proven. Willie McKay is a veritable angel from heaven whose words are nuggets of truth blessed from above. :angel:

But i heard him say it god dammit :)

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

If we were so eager to sell, why we letting him go for free?

Barton has made it clear he would not be sold at any price.  He wanted to see out his contract or go for nothing.  I believe it was a matter of principal following the manner of Carroll's departure, whereby the pushed him into the corner of a transfer request (which I think he was a twat for submitting).

The club therefore had a player who they would be forced to spend another £3m in wages on and who guaranteed a zero return.  As with EVERY decision made at the club, this one was made to save money.  Ashley's view is £3m is worth more than 30 odd appearances over the season from JB.

I don't think anyone can argue that the club has sinister reasons behind wanting him out but Barton made it too easy. Infact i probably would have kicked the fucker out, but i wouldn't have messed around a hand full of players.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not average.

What he lacks in pace he make up in determination, grit and hard work. He's the type of player (almost) every team would be glad to have in the line up. He showed in plenty matches how important he was for us just because of those qualities. On top of that he has a great right leg. Both when it came to passing and crossing.

Doesn't make him a top player. A top player for us he was but he's just an average player in terms of all-round ability for me. I wouldn't even have him in my starting 11 at Newcastle if I'm being honest.

Guest bimpy474

He's not average.

What he lacks in pace he make up in determination, grit and hard work. He's the type of player (almost) every team would be glad to have in the line up. He showed in plenty matches how important he was for us just because of those qualities. On top of that he has a great right leg. Both when it comes to passing and crossing.

Fletcher, Lucas, Cahill, Terry, half the Stoke squad, they all have those kind of attributes yet cause no trouble.

Nolan and Barton are as good as gone.

Not that I particularly like being proved correct. It was always going to happen as far as I could see. Barton HAS been an idiot about this, and as others have suggested - he can't be so thick that he didn't realise it was coming.

He's not average.

What he lacks in pace he make up in determination, grit and hard work. He's the type of player (almost) every team would be glad to have in the line up. He showed in plenty matches how important he was for us just because of those qualities. On top of that he has a great right leg. Both when it came to passing and crossing.

Doesn't make him a top player. A top player for us he was but he's just an average player in terms of all-round ability for me. I wouldn't even have him in my starting 11 at Newcastle if I'm being honest.

He's not a "top player", but he's sure as hell not an average player. That's just pure biased bullshit.