Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Today only reaffirmed my love for the bloke, he's a complete and utter cunt, but he's our cunt.

This, more or less.

He did go down easily when Gervinho caught him but then show me a player in the Premier League who wouldn't have in the same situation. Not nice but that's the game nowadays. It was rather needless for him to grapple with Gervinho but given the gamesmanship of Arsenal and the stamp which went unpunished (criminally if you ask me. Having seen the replays I can't believe the officials didn't see it and send Song off) I can understand why he was steaming. Regardless of what went on I just thought it was fantastic to see that level of passion from any player, let alone from a man who is supposedly on his way out on a freebie.

And he's right about Big Al. Fantastic player but he's a horrific pundit :lol:

Thought it was pretty shameful tbh- after he had a go at Pedersen for going down too easy (and responded by smacking him) I think he's truly embarrassed himself. Wish he'd cut this s*** out of his game, if it was a player from any other club people would be queueing up to have a go at him.

sigh

What?

As I said, if it was a player from the other team people would have gone off it. Sick of him posturing as a moral benchmark on Twitter when he dives and stubs out cigars in peoples eyes.

Did you go off it when Song stamped on his Achilles ?

Yes, I did. s*** comeback btw, totally irrelevant.

How's it irrelevant when you are talking about if he was at another club we would be critcising him. I've heard not a single post match comment on what a twat Song was or really anything too much on Gervinho. But it's Joey, he's got previous, sigh, sigh sigh and more sigh for a NUFC fan tbh.

BTW, what did Taylor say/do? Seen him mentioned a few times in relation to the incident but not quite caught the jist of it.

And he's right about Big Al. Fantastic player but he's a horrific pundit :lol:

Aye :lol: he was spot on there too. :lol:

BTW, what did Taylor say/do? Seen him mentioned a few times in relation to the incident but not quite caught the jist of it.

Taylor seemed to step in to break it up I think.  Only it seen it once more on replay though.

Thought it was pretty shameful tbh- after he had a go at Pedersen for going down too easy (and responded by smacking him) I think he's truly embarrassed himself. Wish he'd cut this s*** out of his game, if it was a player from any other club people would be queueing up to have a go at him.

sigh

What?

As I said, if it was a player from the other team people would have gone off it. Sick of him posturing as a moral benchmark on Twitter when he dives and stubs out cigars in peoples eyes.

I entirely agree with you, was wonder what afar was sighing about. :thup:

There's this "Barton gets overly victimised" mentality, but it appears to be going to the other extreme of "look at them picking on Barton". He acted like a grade A t*** today and should deservedly be criticised for it.

How about Gervinho or Song, how did they act, why arn't you talking about them ?

They were angels.

Don't use such idiotic reasoning, man. Why on earth would I be excusing how they acted? It doesn't mean Barton didn't act like a bellend himself. Instead of "OMG LOOK AT BARTON BEING CRITICISED THE PRESS HATE HIM"... maybe he's being criticised because he, er, was an idiot today? Just a thought.

Nothing idiotic at all, just be fair with your critcism, all Joey did was pull up a cheater from the ground, he did it a little overly aggressive and deserved a yellow, but he had just been cowardly stamped on by a player that wasn't punished and saw a fellow player trying to cheat his team out of a well deserved point.

But lets just talk about Joey and not those two other guys who commited far worse crimes today than our number 7.

sigh

What?

There's this "Barton gets overly victimised" mentality, but it appears to be going to the other extreme of "look at them picking on Barton". He acted like a grade A t*** today and should deservedly be criticised for it.

How about Gervinho or Song, how did they act, why arn't you talking about them ?

They were angels.

Don't use such idiotic reasoning, man. Why on earth would I be excusing how they acted? It doesn't mean Barton didn't act like a bellend himself. Instead of "OMG LOOK AT BARTON BEING CRITICISED THE PRESS HATE HIM"... maybe he's being criticised because he, er, was an idiot today? Just a thought.

If it was any other player there wouldn't be such a hysterical reaction. Sorry, but that's the truth. The press and the fans love a villain and Barton fits that bill.

I didn't think Barton did too much wrong today, especially given the fact he was stamped on and slapped. I'd of lost it.

Taylor seemed to step in to break it up I think.  Only it seen it once more on replay though.

Read something about an elbow? ???

Arsenal seem to particularly hate him for some reason. I remember this from Keegan's last game:

"Joey came on and got a very good tackle in on Nasri, then the guy just sliced him down. If you write any different to that, youre deceiving your readers.

I was upset at the end. I like Nasri very much hes a player we looked at and talked about but you cant do that. Joey hasnt done anything wrong there. I thought it was an excellent tackle. He got the ball he didnt go in double-footed or anything.

Gael Clichy added:

"We know the guy. He wanted to make something for his first game back and I don't want to talk about it but Samir did well and I'm proud of him."

Then the Diaby thing the last time we played them, and then today

He made an 'elbow' motion the minute that Barton went down towards the ref. He probably had more to do with getting Gervinho sent off than Barton did :lol:

sigh

What?

There's this "Barton gets overly victimised" mentality. He acted like a grade A t*** today and should deservedly be criticised for it.

Barton has serious problems. In his head he is always the victim. Having a bunch of people jumping on twitter and encouraging his delusion is only going to make the whole thing worse.

Why on Earth they were reading his twitter ramblings on MOTD is beyond me. Shouldn't be encouraging him or footballers in general to be on there talking rubbish all the time.

I didn't think Barton did too much wrong today, especially given the fact he was stamped on and slapped. I'd of lost it.

Read something about an elbow? ???

He put his arms between Barton and Gervinho,  I've only seen it once on replay as I say, I dunno if he did anything else.

This, put a the people crying foul, in the same situ as Joey was in today and bet you would not see much difference in their reactions. Joey could have actually completely exploded, but he didn't, a few years ago he probably would have.

sigh

What?

They were angels.

Nothing idiotic at all, just be fair with your critcism, all Joey did was pull up a cheater from the ground, he did it a little overly aggressive and deserved a yellow, but he had just been cowardly stamped on by a player that wasn't punished and saw a fellow player trying to cheat his team out of a well deserved point.

But lets just talk about Joey and not those two other guys who commited far worse crimes today than our number 7.

Song was the worst of the lot, I thought that would blatantly go without saying? Minimum 3 match ban.

sigh

What?

They were angels.

Song was the worst of the lot, I thought that would blatantly go without saying? Minimum 3 match ban.

Aye if Song doesn't get a ban it's a fucking joke, like Joey's already said, imagine if it was him doing the stamping.

sigh

What?

They were angels.

If it was any other player there wouldn't be such a hysterical reaction. Sorry, but that's the truth. The press and the fans love a villain and Barton fits that bill.

The reason he gets talked about is because he does those things though. Can't think of any of his red cards or criminal convictions which have been unwarranted

sigh

What?

They were angels.

Who's the one getting murdered by the press and fans ? Song, Barton or Gervinho ? You can't make this stuff up, you really can't.

Showed today why he's not worthy of being a captain.

I don't know if you can say that, really. Making him captain could do him (and us) a world of good. Only one way to find out for sure.

In Joey's special universe he had decided that everyone saw Song's stamp and decided to ignore it because the stamp was on him, Joey Barton. This is completely illogical and completely mental. It happened in a flash and I didn't even notice until the replay.

He therefore uses this as an excuse to yank Gervinho up aggresively and continue pulling him by the collar. In my opinion Gervinho showed unbelievable restraint. I know had it been me being dragged like that I would have struck him with my fist instantly, he's a f***ing idiot. Yes Gervinho dived, it's one thing to get in his face and let him know it was a disgusting dive, like most other footballers do, and another thing completely to yank him up like that.

If what Joey had done was so normel, and "not a big deal", then all of the Newcastle players wouldn't have rushed over in such a panic to try and break it up, which they struggled to do because Joey was manhandling the guy in a completely unnacceptable fashion.

Things will not end well for Joey Barton. It seems he will never change, and this sort of continuous behaviour will always lead to big trouble.

sigh

What?

There's this "Barton gets overly victimised" mentality. He acted like a grade A t*** today and should deservedly be criticised for it.

Barton has serious problems. In his head he is always the victim. Having a bunch of people jumping on twitter and encouraging his delusion is only going to make the whole thing worse.

Why on Earth they were reading his twitter ramblings on MOTD is beyond me. Shouldn't be encouraging him or footballers in general to be on there talking rubbish all the time.

Agree with this like. I wonder if he has had this aspect of his personality "rehabilitated":

“I used to sit in school and look at the other kids and think, ‘These aren’t the same as me’. And I even look at people today and think, ‘They’re not the same’. And I don't know what it is. I almost felt like I had a higher calling, you know, there was some reason. And I thought it was football but the more and more I play football, the more and more I think it’s not football. I don’t know what it is, and until this day I still haven’t got my finger on it.” - Joey Barton

From Aug 2008:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4449472.ece

Guest Potter

In Joey's special universe he had decided that everyone saw Song's stamp and decided to ignore it because the stamp was on him, Joey Barton. This is completely illogical and completely mental. It happened in a flash and I didn't even notice until the replay.

He therefore uses this as an excuse to yank Gervinho up aggresively and continue pulling him by the collar. In my opinion Gervinho showed unbelievable restraint. I know had it been me being dragged like that I would have struck him with my fist instantly, he's a f***ing idiot. Yes Gervinho dived, it's one thing to get in his face and let him know it was a disgusting dive, like most other footballers do, and another thing completely to yank him up like that.

If what Joey had done was so normel, and "not a big deal", then all of the Newcastle players wouldn't have rushed over in such a panic to try and break it up, which they struggled to do because Joey was manhandling the guy in a completely unnacceptable fashion.

Things will not end well for Joey Barton. It seems he will never change, and this sort of continuous behaviour will always lead to big trouble.

If I had to define bias, I'd use this.