Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@

@piersmorgan I train all summer to have him cheat us out of hard earned point. Its not on. Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game

:smug:

not sure he did dive though and barton should've been sent off, again.

@

@piersmorgan I train all summer to have him cheat us out of hard earned point. Its not on. Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game

why should he have been sent off? And when was the last time he was sent off?

@

:no:

I don't see how anyone in their right sane state could suggest it was a penalty and wasn't a dive. I'm sorry, but I was watching the game with Brazilians (!!) and they were laughing at how bad of an attempt it was. There was barely any contact, however it's agreed that Barton shouldn't have done what he did and I actually think he did deserve a red due to the pure innecessity of his reaction.

Well to be fair they both should have been off. A yellow for Barton for grabbing him and pulling him up, red for Gervinho for slapping Barton and a second yellow for Barton for diving after the slap.

Nah what Barton did was a red card conduct, well at least it should be. He instigated it, but we could argue all day long whether he had done that had Song not stamped on him, and Arsenal should've been down to 10 men earlier.

Players grab opponents like that all the time(maybe not pulling them up but he was on his way up), its not a red because there isn't enough violent conduct in it, at least by current rules.

@

Nice one Joey.

If only you didn't dive to the floor in the most pathetic manner possible when Gervinho slapped you.

@

Nice one Joey.

If only you didn't dive to the floor in the most pathetic manner possible when Gervinho slapped you.

Like Tim Cahill against Shola.  :troll:

Guest Haris Vuckic

@

Nice one Joey.

What did you want him to do?

@

Nice one Joey.

Like Tim Cahill against Shola.  :troll:

Can't defend anyone who does it. Interestingly, there's a similarity with Cahill. There's that issue of him being a bit of a twat (talking about on the pitch), but he's "our" twat.

Cahill's mellowing though in his old age.

@

Nice one Joey.

Not do exactly what he's criticising other players for doing.

Nah what Barton did was a red card conduct, well at least it should be. He instigated it, but we could argue all day long whether he had done that had Song not stamped on him, and Arsenal should've been down to 10 men earlier.

It wasn't a red card conduct, but luckily for us the referee didn't use the rules correctly..If everything was done according to the book, Barton should receive a yellow for unsporting behavior and Arsenal rewarded a penalty..The referee didn't use the whistle when Gervinhio went down. Consequently he didn't spot Gervinhio's trick or thought it was a penalty..The game went on, until Barton assaulted him...Although I agree with barton in principle, he cannot behave like he did, neither before or after he was hit..We could have lost the game if the referee was more alert..

Guest Haris Vuckic

@

Nice one Joey.

Gervinho committed a red card offence - if Joey makes the referee aware of that by going down I have no problem with that!

Guest Chubby Jason

@

Nice one Joey.

Bang on. People look so stupid defending his moronic actions.

@

Nice one Joey.

Gervinho committed a red card offence - if Joey makes the referee aware of that by going down I have no problem with that!

Makes the referee aware of it. :lol:

He acted pathetically in the whole situation. Gervinho and Barton were both embarrassing and they both deserved to see red.

I'm taking issue with Barton's clear hypocrisy here. He bangs on with his holier-than-thou mentality and he goes and does that. Feel free to gobble up this "look at me being so against cheating" rubbish when he dived to ensure Gervinho saw red.

Guest Haris Vuckic

So Barton doesn't go down - Gervinho stays on?

But Barton is a big man and can take a slap to the face.

Get In.