Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nothing Barton did deserved a red card. Yellow card offence, he received a yellow.

We wouldn't be talking about it today if it wasn't that naughty Joey.

I wouldn't be taking so much of an issue with it if he hadn't given such preaching bollocks as though he's on a moral crusade to stamp out cheating.

It's nothing to do with it being "naughty Joey Barton". It has everything to do with him acting like a cock.

Nothing Barton did deserved a red card. Yellow card offence, he received a yellow.

I wouldn't be taking so much of an issue with it if he hadn't given such preaching bollocks as though he's on a moral crusade to stamp out cheating.

It's nothing to do with it being "naughty Joey Barton". It has everything to do with him acting like a cock.

Can't think of many players in the league who wouldn't have done the same. Doesn't make it right of course, but true. Wouldn't class it as cheating either.

With Neil here for most of the argument. Can't believe Barton's got the gall to jump on Twitter and continue to criticise Gervinho for play-acting when he went and done it a minute later.

FWIW, no player in particular was more in the wrong IMO. Song was a prick for stamping on him and something should've been done, but if it doesn't get seen, it's for post-match disciplinary to sort out. At least it fucking better be. Gervinho dived, yes. But what exactly was the point in Barton running over and getting involved? A tug on the shirt is one thing, but he he was nearly pulling the shirt off of him for God's sake. Just as people are saying they would've done the same thing if Gervinho slapped them, would you not have reacted somehow if you had someone trying to drag you up off the floor by the scruff of the neck? And then obviously the slap was unneeded. If you will raise your hands to an opposing player, you have to face the consequences. All in all, from 3 different players, there were embarrassing incidents in the game. Don't see why it seems to be black and white for so many that either Barton's a prick, or Gervinho's a prick.

One thing I want to mention in passing is that I'm glad Scezney got a yellow. I was so fucking irritated when I saw him up in our penalty area. :lol: Why did he feel the need to come all the way up? Utterly ridiculous.

One more sidenote, I'm sadly very proud that I managed to spell Scezney correct first time. :yeah:

Can't think of many players in the league who wouldn't have done the same. Doesn't make it right of course, but true. Wouldn't class it as cheating either.

He dived to ensure someone got sent off.

And more generally, I agree. That whole situation painted an awful picture of our game where players feel the need to go outside the rules to gain an advantage. The whole attitude stinks and although I'm not sure how practical it would be, I really think red cards for diving needs to be introduced. It may involve getting a few wrong but surely it would be a big deterrent?

I think that in reality both Joey and Gervinho should have been sent off (for unsporting conduct) but technically, by the rules, Joey's wasn't a red card offence. I don't believe there's anything in the rules about aggression unless it manifests itself in actually striking someone, which there's no evidence to suggest Joey was going to do. And the people trying to claim that Joey grabbed him by the neck are just shit stirring. It was clearly his shirt he grabbed. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on those rules though.

However, he shouldn't have even got involved. There was no need for it, although I can understand his frustration boiling over after the stamp.

:thup: This is what it boils down to. Emotions may have been running high but in my mind, part of his astronomical wage is to keep those emotions in check and act professionally. He may have been pissed off with Gervinho for the dive and I wouldn't blame him having a go at him. There was however no need to haul him up and aggressively get in his face.

And, not just about this game, but for the rest of the season...

How many times is this going to happen? I fear for his temperament more than ever, now that he's lost his buddy Nolan, he was already pissed off about Carroll leaving, obviously with Jose gone now too. Obviously he's not getting on with the dicks up top. What/who has he got to play for? I'm scared that this sort of crap is going to happen a lot more. Just doesn't feel like he's as focused on just playing football like he was last season, and it's going to be a lot more about his own personal gains, one upping, these little battles, just for his own entertainment.

Guest dogbeak

What did you want him to do?

compare and contrast with shearer staring keane down until the latter took a shite in his drawers.

I'm pretty sure if an Arsenal player had grabbed Barton from the floor and manhandled him everyone here would have been screaming for a red. I don't see how you can lay your hands on an opposition player in an aggressive manner and not risk being sent off.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm pretty sure if an Arsenal player had grabbed Barton from the floor and manhandled him everyone here would have been screaming for a red. I don't see how you can lay your hands on an opposition player in an aggressive manner and not risk being sent off.

Agreed. He also dived after admonishing Gervinho for diving; the fact that he can't see the absurdity in that shows he's not half as clever as he thinks he is.

My mother reckons an arsenal player spat at barton when he was on the deck. Haven't had a chance to see it again.

Don't think it happened, otherwise I'm sure Barton would have played the victim card again. (Which he would have been.)

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@

@piersmorgan I train all summer to have him cheat us out of hard earned point. Its not on. Diving should be 3 game ban. Respect the game

:smug:

Nice one Joey.

If only you didn't dive to the floor in the most pathetic manner possible when Gervinho slapped you.

What did you want him to do?

Not do exactly what he's criticising other players for doing.

Gervinho committed a red card offence - if Joey makes the referee aware of that by going down I have no problem with that!

Makes the referee aware of it. :lol:

He acted pathetically in the whole situation. Gervinho and Barton were both embarrassing and they both deserved to see red.

I'm taking issue with Barton's clear hypocrisy here. He bangs on with his holier-than-thou mentality and he goes and does that. Feel free to gobble up this "look at me being so against cheating" rubbish when he dived to ensure Gervinho saw red.

I agree with you on Barton's hypocrisy, but I'd of given them both yellows until Gervinho threw the slap. Handbags for the most part.

Agreed. He also dived after admonishing Gervinho for diving; the fact that he can't see the absurdity in that shows he's not half as clever as he thinks he is.

He didn't dive. He feigned injury. Diving would suggest no contact.

Guest Chubby Jason

Yeah he fucking did, lightly touching someones face does not cause them to hit the deck the way he did. If it was someone doing that to one of our place this place would implode.

The only wrong that Barton did (in terms of the game rules) was when he grabbed Gervinho by the shirt. (Yellow was the correct decision, imo.) I can understand his frustration at Gervinho for attempting to con the referee, but he should have demonstrated his anger to Gervinho verbally and not physical.

Yeah he fucking did, lightly touching someones face does not cause them to hit the deck the way he did. If it was someone doing that to one of our place this place would implode.

Quick question, where you desperate to see Barton sent off, seeing as you've wanted him out the club for months now?

I don't see how people can attempt to differentiate between Gervinho and Barton's actions. They both hit the deck after slight contact to gain an advantage of some kind. They were both scummy fuckers in that respect. Unfortunately, despite the 'campaigns' to cut it out, it appears to be getting worse.

I don't see how people can attempt to differentiate between Gervinho and Barton's actions. They both hit the deck after slight contact to gain an advantage of some kind. They were both scummy fuckers in that respect. Unfortunately, despite the 'campaigns' to cut it out, it appears to be getting worse.

Because Gervinho threw himself on the deck after no contact and Barton threw himself on the deck to make the most out of what was already a red card offense?

Because Gervinho threw himself on the deck after no contact and Barton threw himself on the deck to make the most out of what was already a red card offense?

A distinction without a difference, both play acted in a pathetic attempt to gain an advantage for their side.

A distinction without a difference, both play acted in a pathetic attempt to gain an advantage for their side.

:thup:

It wasn't a particularly nice thing to do by either, but I don't see how anyone can claim that there's no difference between to do.

I'll be honest here, fuck morals, if one of our players got struck during a match and the perpetrator didn't get sent off because our player just stood their like nothing happened, I'd be disappointed.