Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

It looks like quite a few clubs haven't offered him a contract.

Colo will be next out of the door before the window shuts. Also speaks volumes that Smith is still at the club.....

That is the fear now, there is only Colo and Jonas left to get rid of.

Tiote.

Then in another season Barfa & Cabaye.

Colo will be next out of the door before the window shuts. Also speaks volumes that Smith is still at the club.....

Tiote.

I mean out of our championship winning team, huge wages that they want gone.

I would have thought that if Newcastle was so precious to Barton, he would be willing to give up Twitter.

And I would have thought that the board would have been willing to offer one of it's key players a new contract on the proviso that he gives up Twitter.

Shambles all round, only one party is the winner here, and that is QPR.

Most of us would agree that last season, our six best players were:

Carroll (despite only being here for half of it)

Nolan

Tiote

Enrique

Barton

Colo

We have now sold 4 of those 6, before the next season has even started and fuck knows how long it'll be before Tiote and Colo are gone. Keep it up mike you fat cunt.  :clap:

At least it's another of our best players leaving. Can't have too much of that kind of thing.

It's alreet man Dave, we'd never sell (give away) without having a replacement already through the door. Harder to buy players if people know you badly need them remember Alan told us...

“The left-back situation is a week down the line and the plan we had went straight into action, and everybody knows we need a left-back and it is being made difficult not by us but by other clubs.”

We all knew this was coming, don't see the reason for another half hearted meltdown.

If you tell me i'm gonna get kicked in the balls in a couple of weeks i'll still be fucking angry about it when it happens.

so baffled by thies, he keeps saying his hands are tied n all that jazz... how so? if ur under contract for another and you want to stay why leave?

One example could be: "If you refuse to leave we'll let you rot in the reserves." after the QPR inquiry came in.

Don't believe that for a second. We are playing him, and I can't imagine a scenario where we wouldn't.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote.

Tiote bought by Ashely as was Ben Arfa, same for Cabaye, you cant strip assests you just added.

I know what your getting at but we have replaced players who have left, its just whether Marveaux, Abied, Cabaye and a big if, a new left back and striker are added are all good enough.

We all knew this was coming, don't see the reason for another half hearted meltdown.

If you tell me i'm gonna get kicked in the balls in a couple of weeks i'll still be fucking angry about it when it happens.

:lol: It's a fair point

So the only players who actually want to stay, we wont keep because of their age.

Then the younger ones who actually succeed who we potentially do want to sign up, will then be offered better contracts by more successful clubs anyway.

Which leaves us in in the nice little middleground of only being able to hold onto average players in general.

HAPPY DAYS

Guest michaelfoster

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

Barton is as much to blame on him not getting a new contract as Ashley IMO

Guest BooBoo

It's fucking ridiculous how many times Ashley gets a lucky hand played to him, this time the derby win fuelling a feel good factor, only to incinerate it as quickly as he can.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Then you'd be daft, especially if you had been running your mouth about me before hand. Only difference is I gave you a fair warning you'd be getting what you deserved. So no surprises.

He said something he shouldn't have said in public, everyone on the forum had the debate, it settled down. Club didn't retract their 'he's on a free transfer' status, and now he's left on a free transfer. He had a good season for us, but before that I don't think there were many that wanted him here.

Chances are Obertan is his replacement, or maybe there's one coming in, who knows.

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

Barton is as much to blame on him not getting a new contract as Ashley IMO

How is he to blame?

Another club rates him higher than we do and is willing to offer him what we wont.

Everyone would make the same decision

Guest bimpy474

So the only players who actually want to stay, we wont keep because of their age.

Then the younger ones who actually succeed who we potentially do want to sign up, will then be offered better contracts by more successful clubs anyway.

Which leaves us in in the nice little middleground of only being able to hold onto average players in general.

HAPPY DAYS

That i'm afraid describes virtually most team in the Premiership, Arsenal have lost 4 player to Man City in the last few seasons, do you think they can resist if Man City come calling for Wiltshire or Van Persie ? of course not.

The only way we and everyone else will get close now is if FIFA change the rules on wages/turnover or we actually get a billionaire who wants to spend on us.

I do wonder how much the other players like/dislike him, or what the general feeling about him is in the squad.

Pretty sure Cabaye came out recently and named only Barton when referencing how the other lads had been since he'd arrived. He was only positive about him.