Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

Surely that is the money then, the guarantee of it next season :troll:

Going for a medical now, still no contract offer from NUFC.......think that just about makes my mind up.

3 minutes ago

Fucking insanity, if there was any remaining doubt about the ambitions of the current owners this is the final death knoll. It's going to take one hell of a transfer coup to make up for this.

He's the sort of player you need to rouse the rest of the team when things are going badly.

Madness.

It looks like the end. I've always rated him as a player, but it's reached the point where a parting of the ways is best all round. In his current frame of mind, he'd become a loose cannon, liable to go off in front of a team-mate as much as the opposition.

Midfield isn't our weak area, so I think we'll be okay.

I can't help but feel that Pardew hasn't handled the situation well over the last few months. He needed to be a lot firmer when Joey started making all these bizarre public comments.

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

was it not also said he would only go to a "top club"? Last I checked QPR were not a top club

so what?

Guest bimpy474

so baffled by thies, he keeps saying his hands are tied n all that jazz... how so? if ur under contract for another and you want to stay why leave?

While i dont buy the hands are tied stuff 100%, they are offering a good long term contract and were not, he has to weigh that up, can hardly blame him really.

so baffled by thies, he keeps saying his hands are tied n all that jazz... how so? if ur under contract for another and you want to stay why leave?

Because as a footballer if he has a horror injury like a leg break a month or two before his contract ends that could be it for him. At the end of the day this is a job for him and he needs to protect his long term future. Can't blame the lad for that.

One example could be: "If you refuse to leave we'll let you rot in the reserves." after the QPR inquiry came in.

Guest bimpy474

Because as a footballer if he has a horror injury like a leg break a month or two before his contract ends that could be it for him. At the end of the day this is a job for him and he needs to protect his long term future. Can't blame the lad for that.

Ahhh seeing it without the black and white specs on, well played sir.

I'd leave too if I were him.

If something happens in the next year, injury etc, he could be saying goodbye to his last chance at a decent contract and some career stability. The grass is significantly greener at QPR as far as I can see, and I just could not be fucked to play the part of club anarchist for a whole year. Why fight the boss at NUFC when he could enjoy his days at QPR?

Guest bimpy474

One example could be: "If you refuse to leave we'll let you rot in the reserves." after the QPR inquiry came in.

Not so much as a leap of faith, more a leap into a paranoid turd this one mate :D

He's got a child on the way.

I'm sure he wants to secure a future rather than run the risk of being unemployed next year.

The pattern continues and still the player takes full blame.

I tell you what, we've been incredibly unlucky stumbling across all of these back stabbing greedy bastard players! Poor Mike!

While i dont buy the hands are tied stuff 100%, they are offering a good long term contract and were not, he has to weigh that up, can hardly blame him really.

Its as simple as that. Theyre offering him the best contract and are likely the only club willing to offer him a long term contract at his age. They have to do this to get a player of his ability, just as West Ham had to.

Ofcourse hes going to take it, even if he goes down he'll believe other clubs will be in for him still. Its an obvious choice all footballers would make.

Guest bimpy474

He's got a child on the way.

I'm sure he wants to secure a future rather than run the risk of being unemployed next year.

This ;)