Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Will anyone's opinion of him change if he turns down more money to stay here?

Not really. Would just tell me he has no interest in going to QPR. If he signed a shorter, less lucrative deal to stay here for another 2 years or so, then yes.

Blatantly p*ssed off that his only option is QPR. In his mind I'm sure he thought there would be a bigger choice of better clubs. Especially after McKay was slavvering on about Champions League clubs and options in other leagues.

Apparently not....Reality bites Joey lad.

Probably being offered no more by QPR than we offered him back in January too.

Guest johnson293

So what's the feeling people, QPR or stay?

Personally, I think he'll stay - if he wanted to join them, he wouldn't have waited 2 days to do it.

No other offers have seemingly come in (surprised West ham didn't make a move), so I don't think he's sold on QPR.

Would still have him back, if he commits to staying the full season.

So what's the feeling people, QPR or stay?

Personally, I think he'll stay - if he wanted to join them, he wouldn't have waited 2 days to do it.

No other offers have seemingly come in (surprised West ham didn't make a move), so I don't think he's sold on QPR.

Would still have him back, if he commits to staying the full season.

This basically.

I'm sure he can't be surprised that no other bigger club is in for him. They can get a player of his quality no problem. Why take the risk?

He wants to stay here, work his little scouse socks off and be a model proffessional for a year, help make a new team, get in and help the new singings, keep his gob shut and keep twitter for Horsracing and quoting.

I like him a lot, but the best place for him right now is with us, and to stay here he needs to know he has to just stop fighting the battle he is fighting. He's not going to lose out by giving up. We're fighting it already, he'll only make it worse. Get on and play football Joey, we need you to play football. If he has really matured that much and does try and entertain philosophical thought, he should be able to grasp that much.

Howay Joey, make the right choice man.

Not really. Would just tell me he has no interest in going to QPR. If he signed a shorter, less lucrative deal to stay here for another 2 years or so, then yes.

This. :thup:

QPR fan tweeted this:

@Joey7Barton joey what happens if you stay at the toon and get injured the you will definately not be offered a contract their or anywhere

Got this reply from Barton:

@terryj777 that is something I have to consider

I think ultimately this will seal the deal. We know he doesn't really want to be there, but it'll happen.

Not really. Without a new contract he won't be a committed squad member and will probably carry on tweeting bollocks. I think it's best he moves on and we can try and build a team spirit with a fresh start.

Not really. Without a new contract he won't be a committed squad member and will probably carry on tweeting bollocks. I think it's best he moves on and we can try and build a team spirit with a fresh start.

he's looked pretty committed in the first two games this season

Guest johnson293

Would be shocked if he turns down QPR. They will undoubtedly be offering him a decent wage on a lengthy contract

It is unlikely he will be offered anything from Ashley regardless of how he plays so really he won't be gaining a lot by staying

That's where my opinion differs. I think if he stayed, and played as well as he did last season, but kept his gob shut about the club, it could go a long way to building bridges.

The club have already gone back to Steven Taylor and given him a deal after he turned one down - the main difference has been how outspoken Barton was/is, and i think that's the crux of the problem - they see him as a trouble maker.

he's looked pretty committed in the first two games this season

Granted but with Joey he could kick off any time behind the scenes like he did in the pre season game at Leeds.

You bet he will be.