Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sounds like Barton was waiting for a last minute contract offer from us judging by his interview.

That's what I was trying to get at last night.  He just wanted to test the waters and see if we'd balk and offer him an improved contract.  Obviously we didn't so off to QPR he went.  He honestly looks depressed as fuck in the interview.

Sounds like Barton was waiting for a last minute contract offer from us judging by his interview.

He must be fucking dense then. He had a good offer, knocked it back and has since been taking potshots at his employers in various ways. Not the best way to get a contract from them is it?

Everybody makes mistakes, though, right?

Even IF he had a good contract offer from us in Jan and decided to wait, it would have only been fair from the club to offer him another (the same one as in Jan) one considering how outstanding he's been at times last season.

I think there's a little evidence that Barton's potshots at the club were a bit like Jose's in that it would help his departure by bringing down his fee, in Barton's case nowt!

But now it seems he was desperate to stay.  In that case he's a complete idiot.  He jeopardised his future by coming out with crap on twitter that revealed nothing.  He didn't tell us a single thing we didn't know.  At least Jose gave us the fact about his contract.  Barton's tweets were a waste of time and pretty much sealed his exit.  Regardless his relationship with the owners, that is idiotic.

I can understand where people are coming from with the board but there was a lot of circumstances involving the players who have have left. Carroll's was an offer we would be mad to refuse and the question of the investment is a whole different debate. I don't think we had any chance of Enrique staying regardless of ambition. Nolan I feel we were right to sell due to what he wanted in a contract, and we all know about Barton.

I understand people are upset we have lost Barton, I am too, but I feel people are going way overboard with their evaluations of his time here, and also his abilities as a player. I don't think he deserves the contract QPR have offered him and think they will live to regret it.

Losing Barton isn't half as bad as people are making out, so fuck knows what will happen if we don't get a Lb/Striker/Both in!

Not really sure about the continued references to his first couple of years here. Yes they were shit, but that's way in the past. Last season he was one of our best players, and was actually voted the best in the Chronicle's unofficial player of the year award. He made a decent start to this season too. That's what we're losing, not the Barton from two/three years ago.

Not really sure about the continued references to his first couple of years here. Yes they were shit, but that's the past. Last season he was one of our best players, and was actually voted the best in the Chronicle's unofficial player of the year award. That's what we're losing, not the Barton from three years ago.

This. People keep talking about how poor he was when he joined, doesn't change the fact he was one of our best players today.

Not really sure about the continued references to his first couple of years here. Yes they were shit, but that's way in the past. Last season he was one of our best players, and was actually voted the best in the Chronicle's unofficial player of the year award. He made a decent start to this season too. That's what we're losing, not the Barton from two/three years ago.

True.

Said that today before, not the player who was in jail, who stupidely fouled Xabi Alonso, who had bust ups with managers, no - the player who was a leader, a great player and a great person to get on with we've lost.

It's not what he's not have been for us in the past 4 years, it's what he might have been for us in the next 3 or 4 years here if he had stayed.

The crux of it for me is quite simply this:

Over the last season or two, for me our top performers have been Coloccini, Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Tiote.

And now two of the six remain :undecided:

"hunky dory" "if everyone's ducks had been in a line"

:lol: I love him.

Me too, in a very similar vein as to how I loved Bellamy (and to a degree Robert when he was castigated in the press for speaking out and saying nothing actually wrong). Just a very passionate bloke. :thup:

He must be fucking dense then. He had a good offer, knocked it back and has since been taking potshots at his employers in various ways. Not the best way to get a contract from them is it?

Everybody makes mistakes, though, right?

Even IF he had a good contract offer from us in Jan and decided to wait, it would have only been fair from the club to offer him another (the same one as in Jan) one considering how outstanding he's been at times last season.

There was no need for Joey to be so confrontational with the people who pay his wages. All the rubbish his agent was spouting off about top four clubs wanting him was not only bollocks it was in bad taste. You don't talk like that if you are wanting to stay at a club.

Over the last season or two, for me our top performers have been Coloccini, Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Tiote.

Thankfully its the two best.  O0

Not really sure about the continued references to his first couple of years here. Yes they were s***, but that's the past. Last season he was one of our best players, and was actually voted the best in the Chronicle's unofficial player of the year award. That's what we're losing, not the Barton from three years ago.

This. People keep talking about how poor he was when he joined, doesn't change the fact he was one of our best players today.

Guess it's personal opinion. Call me an idiot but I honestly don't think he was one of our best players, and definitely don't think he was worth a contract of 60p/w+.

Kind of like Nolan in one respect, so many fans classed him as one of our best players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14650167.stm

Looks so unhappy in this interview it's untrue.

:sadnod:

It's pretty much clear as day that he really doesn't want to be there.

Could have stayed where he was adored for another year, proved to the top clubs that last year wasn't a one-off in terms of fitness, form, discipline, etc. and at least got a move to a mid-table club.

Certainly think we'll miss him in the short term.

Shame he didn't quickly respond to the comment re 'artists needing a director' that that would have been the manager, the way the interview ended you got the impression the interviewer was implying Ashley.

Not really sure about the continued references to his first couple of years here. Yes they were s***, but that's the past. Last season he was one of our best players, and was actually voted the best in the Chronicle's unofficial player of the year award. That's what we're losing, not the Barton from three years ago.

Guess it's personal opinion. Call me an idiot but I honestly don't think he was one of our best players, and definitely don't think he was worth a contract of 60p/w+.

Kind of like Nolan in one respect, so many fans classed him as one of our best players.

Spot on. I feel these players have used the club to boost their profiles which has given them delusions of grandeur beyond their worth. Landing at QPR and West Ham might have brought them back down to earth with a bump.

Certainly think we'll miss him in the short term.

Shame he didn't quickly respond to the comment re 'artists needing a director' that that would have been the manager, the way the interview ended you got the impression the interviewer was implying Ashley.

Ashley or Llambias. Most certainly both of them.

Pardew did everything in his power to keep Joey from what we've heard. Sadly, his power isn't exactly powerfull.

It's certainly a big gamble on Cabaye, Ba and Pieters.

I don't think we will replace Barton tbh.

Could go either way.