Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I love how he gives it the bigguns for people not '@' him when commenting. Does he forget they are saying it to potentially thousands of people on a public interface. They are hardly cowering from the wrath of Joseph.  :lol:

The lad is nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

I looked at his Twitter site and it says at the top of the page - 'It might be a surprise but its true. That I'm not like you and I don't want your advice or your praise or to move in the way you do. And I never will'. And yet he seems to spend all his time judging other people and telling them what they should do.

Take your head out of your arse Joey, take a step back and try and see yourself as others see you.

I looked at his Twitter site and it says at the top of the page - 'It might be a surprise but its true. That I'm not like you and I don't want your advice or your praise or to move in the way you do. And I never will'. And yet he seems to spend all his time judging other people and telling them what they should do.

Take your head out of your arse Joey, take a step back and try and see yourself as others see you.

It's actually a lyric from an Arctic Monkeys' song but he must have a reason for using it.....

You do make a good point in your following sentence though.

Guest Sophie S

I was going to point the bit with the lyrics out, too. He changes from The Smiths to Bon Iver and now Artic Monkeys, which in itself is a statement from him in which the actual words and their meaning might come secondarily. (E.g. I wouldn't expect him to either think that England is his' and owes him a living, nor that he really recently realised that he is not magnificent.)

But then again, essentially you are right, because he is quite a hypocrite when it comes to telling people what to do and what opinion to have.

I just don't get why people get so annoyed with him. Stop following him then and don't argue with him. The fact that he is controversial is all he's got.

It's actually a lyric from an Arctic Monkeys' song but he must have a reason for using it.....

You do make a good point in your following sentence though.

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE VAMPIRES!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I love how he gives it the bigguns for people not '@' him when commenting. Does he forget they are saying it to potentially thousands of people on a public interface. They are hardly cowering from the wrath of Joseph.  :lol:

I found it funny then I was wondering how he found out. The only explanation I had was that he trawls through journo's twitterfeeds to see if they're talking about him?

I just don't get why people get so annoyed with him. Stop following him then and don't argue with him. The fact that he is controversial is all he's got.

People obviously care enough if they're constantly reading his twitter and bumping this thread. It's all a bit daft really, although I do find it amusing that him simply quoting Arctic Monkeys annoys people.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Mario Balotelli @MarioBaloteLAD

I bet Joey Barton is regretting hitting out at the Daily Mirror's Darren Lewis. You seen tomorrow's front page?? twitpic.com/8fa63r

8fa63r

Barton has since been informed that no action will be taken against him:

A statement released by the Attorney General's office read: "Between February 3-5, Twitter exchanges on Joey Barton's page which related to the forthcoming trial of John Terry were brought to the attention of the Attorney General's office.

"They have been considered in relation to any possible contempt of court they could create. In this instance the Attorney has decided no action is necessary."

A spokesman for the Attorney General's Office said: "Although in this instance no action will be taken, we would like to remind those who publish material that proceedings for the John Terry trial are active.

"Any discussion of a live court case has the potential to interfere with its proper course."

Lucky boy really.

• 3 weeks later...