Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

So, is he saying anything remotely interesting?

(I think I know the answer...)

No, mainly because he had no experience of working with Roy Hodgson and therefore couldn't provide any insights over and above what you or I could pick up from the papers. Did the BBC pick him in the hope that he was going to say something controversial?

Not for the first time, I wonder what the QPR players are feeling when their captain seems so keen to put himself in the limelight. They're in a relegation battle, but Joey seems to think he's a bit above it all.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that he said fuck all. He won't mind though, Joey does like the attention.

Aye, think the BBC called him up to do the show because he's "controversial."

It was a pretty bland interview, but he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Says fuck all and its boring, say something controversial and he's a twat.

Clearly the beeb wanted him to let rip.

Cronky, I'm would guess he was asked to do an interview just like many footballers past and present will be this week on the new England managers. On this occasion I don't think the interview is a "oh look at me" interview???

Guest neesy111

Tbf, he did say some decent points regarding England. 

i.e.  The North view the team as totally southern based now which is correct.

It was a pretty bland interview, but he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Says fuck all and its boring, say something controversial and he's a twat.

Cronky, I'm would guess he was asked to do an interview just like many footballers past and present will be this week on the new England managers. On this occasion I don't think the interview is a "oh look at me" interview???

My query is why did the Beeb pick Joey, and why did Joey accept the invitation. He's never played for Hodgson, and he only has one international cap. His lack of relevant experience was painfully obvious.

I found the interview annoying and embarrassing, which is the same reaction that I've had for a number of Joey's public pronoucements over the last year or so.

It's embarrassing because he seems to be trying to live down the image of an unintelligent footballer, but actually rarely has anything original or interesting to say, falling back on populist cliches instead.

It's annoying because he really ought to be concentrating on his day job as club captain, which, judging from QPR's league position, he perhaps isn't doing very well. I also find it annoying that a number of people seem to be lapping up his posturing as though it was all very profound.

Guest neesy111

My query is why did the Beeb pick Joey, and why did Joey accept the invitation. He's never played for Hodgson, and he only has one international cap. His lack of relevant experience was painfully obvious.

I found the interview annoying and embarrassing, which is the same reaction that I've had for a number of Joey's public pronoucements over the last year or so.

It's embarrassing because he seems to be trying to live down the image of an unintelligent footballer, but actually rarely has anything original or interesting to say, falling back on populist cliches instead.

It's annoying because he really ought to be concentrating on his day job as club captain, which, judging from QPR's league position, he perhaps isn't doing very well. I also find it annoying that a number of people seem to be lapping up his posturing as though it was all very profound.

You do know Loftus Road is literally 2 mins away from BBC Television Center?

You do know Loftus Road is literally 2 mins away from BBC Television Center?

I can't see how it can be disputed that Joey courts media attention.

• 2 weeks later...