Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Oh aye forgot aboot that. Same with Tioté then too?

Yeah, but Tiote's on about 8 or something, according to the Sky commentary

Studs up and over the ball, have seen reds given for less. Yellow was the right decision.

Got lucky with Taylors hand ball too, could have gone either way there, lucky Webb chose to ignore it. Can't see where else Taylor could put his arms though.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's went from being a liability to a player we simply cannot do without. He provides a certain balance and quality to the side in the same way Carroll, Enrique, Colo and Tiote does. Indeed those 5 are our key players and the semblance of a good spine. He needs to make it all the way through the season though and continue to keep his nose clean. He was fantastic today and although I kind of rate Nolan, Barton was our captain today.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's went from being a liability to a player we simply cannot do without. He provides a certain balance and quality to the side in the same way Carroll, Enrique, Colo and Tiote does. Indeed those 5 are our key players and the semblance of a good spine. He needs to make it all the way through the season though and continue to keep his nose clean. He was fantastic today and although I kind of rate Nolan, Barton was our captain today.

I would add Guti to that

He is the only offensive player with genuine pace, and when going forwrd its vital for making the opposition drop deep

This first half of the season is the best I've seen a Newcastle midfielder produce for years. Playing out of position, whole hearted, excellent passer of the ball, superb crossing ability, full of running and that desire to fight for the cause. You can really tell he cares, and this goes for most of our team. Big difference in this side to the one that went down.

Barton is turning in to one of my all time favourites tbh.

It was a reckless tackle and he could easily have got a red. Luckily, we had a strong ref today who could make his own mind up regardless of the pressure from the opposition and the home support.

The message is simple - when it's a face to face 50-50 ball like that, don't jump into the challenge.

It was a reckless tackle and he could easily have got a red. Luckily, we had a strong ref today who could make his own mind up regardless of the pressure from the opposition and the home support.

The message is simple - when it's a face to face 50-50 ball like that, don't jump into the challenge.

What home support?