Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Glad he's come out and dismissed the talk of leaving and wanting to stay but i am waiting to see if he's still as keen to stay when we offer him a new contract which will have him taking a pay cut of probably 15-20k a week less than he's getting now.

Hopefully by then we'll have progressed to the stage where we'll be doing Barton a favour by offering him new terms. Barton's a good player by our standards but his lack of pace means the really top clubs wouldn't be in for him, and who else will offer mega wages?

Glad he's come out and dismissed the talk of leaving and wanting to stay but i am waiting to see if he's still as keen to stay when we offer him a new contract which will have him taking a pay cut of probably 15-20k a week less than he's getting now.

Depends if anyone would offer him more than we do, unlikely I think. But I could see the club deciding not to renew when the time comes tbh. How motivated would he be by then? They'll look to replace players like him with someone younger,  hungrier and quite a bit cheaper. 

Guest michaelfoster

Has anyone got a feeling Barton's gay btw? I reckon he's in the closet like.

Just thought id throw that out there.

Were you his bitch when he was in prison like?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Him + Xisco.

Were you his bitch when he was in prison like?

Everyones gay in prison. doesnt count. Has he got a wife and a kid does anyone know?

Anyway im pleased we're keeping him. Absolutely integral to the team and seems to have totally turned his act around. Seems to be a key dressing room figure as well.

I honestly don't see Barton as the type of player to go elsewhere because he gets offered more money tbh. He really doesn't strike me as that type of guy. I think he's more concerned with showing what he can do on the pitch rather than what he does to fill the back pages at this point in his life.

Plus, we don't really know the cirucumstances. City could have owed him the 300K for all we know.

Do you not remember it? Joey was asking for  £300K as he didn't ask for a transfer & City said we are not paying because a club have bid your release fee & you want to go. Fairplay to City they did not budge & NUFC paid £300K more than the release fee so City would pass on the money.

Remember when we almost sold him to Portsmouth in our relegation season? The worst part would be that the money would never have materialized from those schysters running Pompey.

Good thing the current regime demand cash up front for transfers.  :thup:

Remember when we almost sold him to Portsmouth in our relegation season? The worst part would be that the money would never have materialized from those schysters running Pompey.

That was bullshit. Joey texted Jim White on SSN during the TDD to say it is crap.

I didn't know that. I thought it was a dispute over somat he was promised. :thup:

I have managed to find a link about the shambolic episode.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-pay-barton-loyalty-fee-to-complete-deal-453152.html

Man City of today would not fanny around over £300K. The fella that did has become chairman of the FA today.

city were fairly broke at the time iirc