Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think he is a great player and his public statement about his commitment was great. We may have had to pay city but that is common with the modern game. Do you think our legend number 9 didnt request money to sign a new contract or was it just love for the club???

I think he is a great player and his public statement about his commitment was great. We may have had to pay city but that is common with the modern game. Do you think our legend number 9 didnt request money to sign a new contract or was it just love for the club???

He paid the club, he loves us that much tbh.

interesting interview with mr barton who lambasts footballs "bullshitters" who portray one image to the public, while behaving differently in private.

also says pardews won over the players because hes shown respect to hughtons achievments and not tried to change things drastically

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Joey-Barton-slams-football-s-bulls-t-merchants-who-portray-a-fake-public-image-article656455.html#ixzz18yusdMtN

interesting interview with mr barton who lambasts footballs "bullshitters" who portray one image to the public, while behaving differently in private.

also says pardews won over the players because hes shown respect to hughtons achievments and not tried to change things drastically

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Joey-Barton-slams-football-s-bulls-t-merchants-who-portray-a-fake-public-image-article656455.html#ixzz18yusdMtN

arselicking obv.

Barton's always a good read/listen. I'm glad he's honest enough to admit that for a long period of him being here he did nothing.

Agreed. :thup: Always enjoy reading what he has to say, very refreshing. I'm hoping he'll bring out an autobiography one day.

He is a good read but this bit is worrying:

I'm quite keen to stay here I've got quite an affinity with the Newcastle fans because of everything that's gone on and think that if I can't go to one of the big clubs in the world I'm quite happy to stay here

That doesn't sound too committed to me. ???

honest though.

I'm quite keen to stay here I've got quite an affinity with the Newcastle fans because of everything that's gone on and think that if I can't go to one of the big clubs in the world I'm quite happy to stay here

He's being honest, which is the point of what he's saying. Few players would say it, but pretty much any of them would go to one of those clubs.

He's being honest, which is the point of what he's saying. Few players would say it, but pretty much any of them would go to one of those clubs.

yup which does not seem terribly likely at this stage does it

I wish he'd stop marking other people's cards and just concentrate on getting his own house in order. It's not long ago that we lost him for three games for punching an opponent with only the mildest provocation, and then he was making gestures at Torres which tbh I thought he was lucky to get away with.

He's made a lot of progress over the last two years, but my worry is that looking at what other people are supposedly getting away with gives him an excuse when he behaves badly himself. You have to set your own standards, Joey, not measure yourself against others.

Barton's always a good read/listen. I'm glad he's honest enough to admit that for a long period of him being here he did nothing.

Agreed. He does come across as an intelligent bloke - rare in football these days.

"Joey Barton reckons his life story is too far-fetched for EastEnders"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3316731/My-lifes-been-like-EastEnders.html

Guest Stephen927

He's honest, you have to respect that quality in him. Football careers at the top level are very short, if a chance comes to play with the best and be in with a real chance of winning trophies, you have to take it. You sometimes get the rare player who loves their club too much to leave, the likes of Shearer, and to lesser extents Totti and Gerrard (much easier to stay at Liverpool and Roma for life given both clubs recent history)

I wish he'd stop marking other people's cards and just concentrate on getting his own house in order. It's not long ago that we lost him for three games for punching an opponent with only the mildest provocation, and then he was making gestures at Torres which tbh I thought he was lucky to get away with.

He's made a lot of progress over the last two years, but my worry is that looking at what other people are supposedly getting away with gives him an excuse when he behaves badly himself. You have to set your own standards, Joey, not measure yourself against others.

:sadnod:

He talks a brilliant game, it's about time he reflected that attitude on the pitch.

He's got one half of it sorted in terms of performance, now he just needs to keep out of the FA spotlight