Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thought he had a fairly poor game today, by his standards.

He was quite sloppy at times in the second half. Didn't do much wrong in the first half but was quiet.

Picked Loven out with an outstanding pass mind.

Can't believe how he has turned it around, almost on Carroll proportions.

Yes can be sloppy on occasion but he is generally brilliant, if we can keep him here for the rest of his career it would be brilliant.

I laughed at the suggestions before but he really would bea fantastic captain if we didn't already have one. He is another leader on the field though which is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Just another reason why a lot have got respect/love/pride back in the team.

Can't believe how he has turned it around, almost on Carroll proportions.

Yes can be sloppy on occasion but he is generally brilliant, if we can keep him here for the rest of his career it would be brilliant.

I laughed at the suggestions before but he really would bea fantastic captain if we didn't already have one. He is another leader on the field though which is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Just another reason why a lot have got respect/love/pride back in the team.

I love the fact we've got captains throughout the team. Harper, Coloccini, Nolan & Barton are all captain material.

Guest sicko2ndbest

New contract as early as next week, expected pay cut - Sunday Sun

Keep up sunshine :)

Sunday sun saying it is pretty much a done deal!

Thought he had a fairly poor game today, by his standards.

Got caught in possession a lot today. Like Nolan probably found the pace of the game a bit too much at the end of the day.

He's a good footballer, but I have always had reservations about his fitness and stamina - in our current plight with injuries etc this is even more exposed.

Why should he take a cut?  ???

Because he knows that nobody will give him the same contract that he has today, and i really think he loves playing for us.

Yeah, I didn't mean like that, sorry I wasn't very clear. Why is the club asking him to?

Because he knows that nobody will give him the same contract that he has today, and i really think he loves playing for us.

Yeah, I didn't mean like that, sorry I wasn't very clear. Why is the club asking him to?

Our rumoured wage cap is £50k a week, he'll be on more than that. If he wants a new contract, he's going to have to take a wage cut.

Our rumoured wage cap is £50k a week, he'll be on more than that. If he wants a new contract, he's going to have to take a wage cut.

Makes sense I guess. Bit shit for him like...