Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unsure about this. He needs first-team football to make him more marketable in the summer, but with Barton playing RM (and no Routledge), Ireland and Smith unfit and Tiote a game from a ban, we may need him to come in. Would personally wait until Ireland and Barton are ready, then let him go.

Unsure about this. He needs first-team football to make him more marketable in the summer, but with Barton playing RM (and no Routledge), Ireland and Smith unfit and Tiote a game from a ban, we may need him to come in. Would personally wait until Ireland and Barton are ready, then let him go.

They're probably aware of this :) I take this loan as positive news. No way it would have gone through if Barton is not fit to play Everton.

It's canny funny how people were slating him, questionning his level of ability and commitment and now everyone complains he's being loaned out.

That's fairly ridiculous. I don't think he's good enough, but he's better than nobody.

I think loaning him out when we're so short on cover is extremely risky, but long term I don't think he should be anywhere near the first team. There's no fundamental dichotomy there, both points are valid.

Given a couple more injuries I'd rather have a Championship level player in the midfield than someone who's coming through the youth ranks and is possibly only conference-level at the moment.

If he goes - and ends up leaving for good in the summer - I hope some of those who have destroyed him on here in recent weeks/months acknowledge the work he did in getting us up. He's done a decent job for us all in all.

Don't think many people would argue against what he done to help us last season :thup: I don't have any kind of dislike for him. He's an okay player, if we want to push on from this season he's the sort of squad player we should be trying to upgrade on. Thanks for the last few years Danny, and good luck.

If he goes - and ends up leaving for good in the summer - I hope some of those who have destroyed him on here in recent weeks/months acknowledge the work he did in getting us up. He's done a decent job for us all in all.

Hes a very good championship player much like Routledge.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't prove it though. I argue if Routledge plays instead of Raylor on Saturday we win that game.

I'd rather not have to watch Lovenkrands on the wing or Perch in midfield tbh.

Perch did ok when he came on and man marked Modric in the 2nd half against Spurs. Sure it wasn't a full game, but he seems decent in that limited role where you tell him specifically what to do (such as mark Jonas).

Guest MrSundlofer

Our next games:

March 5th

March 19th

April 2nd

April 10th

Danny Guthrie was available last game (vs. Bolton) but our subs was Tim Krul, Shane Ferguson, Sol Campbell, Steven Taylor, Shefki Kuqi, James Perch and Nile Ranger.

He else on that bench than James Perch is capable of playing central midfielder? No one. James Perch is also capable of covering at left and right back, and in central defence.

I don't think Alan Pardew likes Danny Guthrie. He's not in his future plans. And after the next two games Stephen Ireland, Hatem Ben Arfa, Joey Barton, Haris Vuckic and Shola Amoebi should be back = places in the first eleven and on the bench = no place for Guthrie = a loan move fits him well.

Our next games:

March 5th

March 19th

April 2nd

April 10th

Danny Guthrie was available last game (vs. Bolton) but our subs was Tim Krul, Shane Ferguson, Sol Campbell, Steven Taylor, Shefki Kuqi, James Perch and Nile Ranger.

He else on that bench than James Perch is capable of playing central midfielder? No one. James Perch is also capable of covering at left and right back, and in central defence.

I don't think Alan Pardew likes Danny Guthrie. He's not in his future plans. And after the next two games Stephen Ireland, Hatem Ben Arfa, Joey Barton, Haris Vuckic and Shola Amoebi should be back = places in the first eleven and on the bench = no place for Guthrie = a loan move fits him well.

he was injured

They're probably aware of this :) I take this loan as positive news. No way it would have gone through if Barton is not fit to play Everton.

Just like the Routledge loan wouldn't go through without us having a replacement lined up...

Physioroom has Ireland and Gosling set for 5th March return dates. They also have Ben Arfa under that date so not taking that 100% seriously. Still we all know that those 3 aren't far away, Guthrie, the Spurs game aside, has been shite when he's played. Barton's injury probably isn't serious, so we'll have plenty of midfield depth soon enough.

Also gives us a chance to blood the kids, Ferguson was on the bench on Saturday when Barton pulled out. Richardson seems to be highly rated by Pardew and has been in the matchday squad, Vuckic is injured at the minute but played well against Chelsea in the Carling Cup. Wouldn't see anything wrong with giving any of those 3 a chance at some point.

I don't see why everyone is freaking out about this being a bad move, as long as we don't take an upfront fee for him then we can recall him if we need him. This way he gets game time to prove whether he's worth hanging on to or to put him in the shop window for the summer. If we take a fee for him, it's a risky move, but I don't see why we'd want to or why Forest would be prepared to pay a fee for him.

We're pretty much safe now and have a number of players returning from injury, according to phisioroom Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling will all be fit for the Everton match. That may not be 100% accurate based on what Pardew has said, but he's lied about injuries before (AC9) to keep the opposition guessing.

Pardew said: “We’ll have Stephen and Shola back next week and be better for it. Hopefully we’ll have Joey back, but we’ll see.”

Meanwhile, Nottingham Forest have been linked with a loan move for Danny Guthrie, but United say there has been no official inquiry for the player so far.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/28/stephen-ireland-ready-for-everton-game-72703-28249280/?#ixzz1FFvJkRrY

Regarding Physio Room, I'd read nothing into their expected return dates as they are usually way off. I know noises have been been made for HBA to be back for Wolves but I'll be hugely surprised if he actually plays again this season. Once he starts training again, it'll surely take him at least to a month to get back up to speed.

Knowing the way that the club conducts is business regrading transfers, it wouldn't shock me if we have a fee arranged with Routledge's sale and the same would apply to Guthrie.

If Guthrie figures in Pardew's plans then he would not be goin out on loan IMO. I said in another thread that i believed Guthrie would be sold in the summer, especially with his contract up in a seasons time. Time to cash in.

BTW it would be a great transfer for Forest, he would be one of the best midfielders in the championship. It might also give Guthrie a "real" crack at the premiership should Forest get promoted in the next season and a half.