Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

I'm unsure on the protests tbh. If negotiations are on a knife-edge as reported (I know, I know), the last thing we want to do is put anyone off. Ashley is thick as fuck but it's something else if he still doesn't realise just how much ill-feeling exists towards him.

Then again, we really need him to hurry the fuck up. :undecided:

It's the first home game, let's just have a moment for Sir Bob and cheer the team on to a win.

I'm unsure on the protests tbh. If negotiations are on a knife-edge as reported (I know, I know), the last thing we want to do is put anyone off. Ashley is thick as f*** but it's something else if he still doesn't realise just how much ill-feeling exists towards him.

Then again, we really need him to hurry the f*** up. :undecided:

It's the first home game, let's just have a moment for Sir Bob and cheer the team on to a win.

Either way, protesting and chanting against Ashley isn't going to hurry things up.

He may be f***ing thick, but I think he gets by now that we aren't his best fans. It's hardly gonna be an eye opener to him if we start singing 'Ashley Out'. And equally, he won't sell for less money just because he's being called a few bad names.

We already look stupid enough, let's not give the press anymore ammunition. You're right; let's sing for Sir Bobby, chant for the lads and get behind this f***ing team.

Howay the lads! :indi:

Guest Geordiesned

Is there an official minute's applause for Sir Bobby today? I would have thought there would be but have not read that there is.

Guest super_shay1

It was on sky this morning, saying he was travelling to London.

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle winger Damien Duff is due in London on Saturday to finalise his move to Fulham.

Guest Phil K

Duffs not in the squad.

He's signing for Fulham today

Lots going out, no f****r coming in.

This is taking "assett stripping" to extreme

Guest labrowski

I assume they will bump Taylor onto the wing and Simpson in at right back.

Thats what i would imagine. Jonas left, Taylor right, would like to see Lua Lua get a run out like

It was on sky this morning, saying he was travelling to London.

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle winger Damien Duff is due in London on Saturday to finalise his move to Fulham.

Sky Sports "understand" a lot of things though, they're usually bloody wrong when it comes to us!

It does look in this case as if they're correct though, would've thought today's team would've been announced by now!

Why are people not including Simpson in their teams? Fergie wouldn't have let him go if he wasn't gonna be a first choice.

I think he'll start.

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Barton Smith Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi

I'd say Baton, Shola and Carroll all have an equal 66% chance of starting, hard to say who Hughton will go for.

Harper

Raylor          Saylor                    Colo        Jose

Lualua        Smith                      Barton    Jonas

Nolan

Carrol

Dont think Simpson will start today, reckon he'll leave R taylor there.

I don't think the club see Taylor as a right back at all, so Simpson will go straight into the team given that he is our only right back.

Sky Sports "understand" a lot of things though, they're usually bloody wrong when it comes to us!

I'm still waiting to find the results of our 'advanced negotiations' with Samuel Kuffour. We've been locked in talks since 2004...

Dont think Simpson will start today, reckon he'll leave R taylor there.

I don't think the club see Taylor as a right back at all, so Simpson will go straight into the team given that he is our only right back.

Taylor himself is far happier at RB so the club is taking a pretty stupid stance by playing him in midfield where his poor technique is more likely to be exposed.