Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

We'll defo be playing youth players quite often this season, when you consider the number of injuries we normally get. This is probably the relatively fit version of our squad right now with only guthrie & butt out.

Barton on the wing?

Hopefully Nolan suffers a very serious injury early in the game and we can bring on Lua Lua for him.

Nolan is a decent Goal threat tbh, our best from Midfield.

He used to be a decent goal threat from midfield, about 3 years ago.

0 league goals in 31 appearances for us and Bolton last season, and he's yet to have a good game for us since we signed him.

The guy is more or less s****, tbh.

We're not in the Premiership anymore.

I'm not syaing he' lampard or nowt and if we were in the prem I would sell him but at this level he'll get anything up to 10 goals.  I'd challenge anyone to name a better goal threat from our midfield.

I'd have Barton down as a bigger threat like if he was played in central midfield.

Barton on the wing?

Hopefully Nolan suffers a very serious injury early in the game and we can bring on Lua Lua for him.

He hasn't scored for 16 months.

He scored against Huddersfield in pre-season didn't he?

Barton on the wing?

He hasn't scored for 16 months.

He scored against Huddersfield in pre-season didn't he?

:lol: :lol:

Barton on the wing?

He used to be a decent goal threat from midfield, about 3 years ago.

0 league goals in 31 appearances for us and Bolton last season, and he's yet to have a good game for us since we signed him.

The guy is more or less s****, tbh.

We're not in the Premiership anymore.

I'm not syaing he' lampard or nowt and if we were in the prem I would sell him but at this level he'll get anything up to 10 goals.  I'd challenge anyone to name a better goal threat from our midfield.

I'd have Barton down as a bigger threat like if he was played in central midfield.

Possibly but he's not the same player he was at man city, although imo the most talented player in this division.

My point is that Nolan is good at ghosting into the box and is also good in the air, hemight not have much else about him, but I wouldn be surprised if he ends up our top scorer as worrying as that is.