Will level 7 be dead this year?

Guest toonlass

Fuck sake. Such greedy bastards, that means I'll have to shell out £20 extra on top of my ticket to go there for the one game I'm coming over for! Sake...

Don't think its anything to do with safety, just money- the usual.

It's probably a ploy to make more money really. Buy a ST or 12th man or you can't stand there sort of thing

I have no doubt thats part of the reason, but if it was just about money why not apply the same strategy to the rest of the ground? I think its about being able to control what goes on in L7... with making people sit down being the obvious infringement of the ground regulations.

Won't affect standing at all, they couldn't get a few hundred to sit in the Leazes so good luck with a few thousand in the corner. Obvious ploy to make money, if you ask me.

So why not apply this rule to rest of the ground?

It's a fair point and one I obviously couldn't really answer, but take into consideration how much cheaper the tickets are in the Leazes Corner in comparison to the rest of the ground, not to mention the availability of student prices (pretty sure they only apply to LC last time I checked). Either way I can't see how restricting sales to members/ST holders will make any difference as far as enforcing regulations etc, it's just restricting who can get a hold of tickets.

Ploy to get people to sit in my opinion.  This way they have an exact record of who has been sat (stood) in that area - therefore letters can be sent if persistent standing is carried out through a particular game.  Quote me in November.

Guest toonlass

Are there any other small pockets within the ground that sing/stand?

You should see the East Stand! It's like part central!

Are there any other small pockets within the ground that sing/stand?

Gallowgate sings to some extent but none standing. Problem with the singing corner is that some of the people that would get the singing going in other parts of the ground moved to the corner meaning the atmosphere in other parts of the ground was lost a little.

This has pissed me off a little like, i'm likely to only get to a few games next season as i'll be away and dont fancy paying an extra £20. Forgotten what its like to sit down at a match!

Given that it's where the police/club seem to have a high percentage of problems controlling the fans / maintaining discipline, it's more likely a way of knowing exactly who is sitting up there. 

Are they not still far cheaper than all the other tickets in the ground?

Just ask a mate with a ST to get you one. I'd say ask people on here but it seems a bit of a carry on for the sake of a home ticket  :dontknow:

Would be interesting to try and see them clamp down on standing though, they've sent in the bouncer stewards and got a f*** load of abuse, they've tried leaflets which nobody paid attention to, and then there's the fact it was the club who opened this section allowing for 3k people to stand - as if people in a singing section would want to be sat. Would be terrible PR for the club if people suddenly started getting bans for standing infront of a plastic seat.

For some games you could probably get a ticket in the family section and just move into the Leazes corner and stand in an empty space.

Or people will congregate in the family area blocks closest to the LC and start singing there.

So basically only members can get tickets, and ST holders can get an extra 1/2 there? Strange move and as someone said its probably just so they know who's up there.

How much cheaper is it up there than the middle tier of the Leazes end where i am?

Guest WashyGeordie

So basically only members can get tickets, and ST holders can get an extra 1/2 there? Strange move and as someone said its probably just so they know who's up there.

How much cheaper is it up there than the middle tier of the Leazes end where i am?

Seating Category 2 - Adult - £543

Leazes Corner - Adult - £429 / Student - £330

Guest jeffers09

Just ordering my Villa tickets now havent been to a home game in ages  were is the best atmosphere and what actullay is the name for level 7?

As much as I enjoy the singing up there, I can't stand being that high up. I'll do it if I have to, but I prefer to have a closer view, so this won't affect me much when I get the chance to go to Home games, will probably plump for the gallowgate instead. Noise reverberates better in there anyway.